Interstate Shitfight thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact Matthew Wade ever played for Australia automatically discounts any argument that Vics are hard done by. He shouldn’t have ever been within 1000 kilometres of the Australian team. Keep him on a bus with Big Show so they can lick windows and touch themselves over their reflections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zoehrer-_Tim-book-cover.jpg
Does the book cover his "alleged" indiscretions in the dressing rooms... was there a "blue" with Bob Simpson? Have not read his book and do not intend to what I heard was on the cricketers grape vine at the time. The winner from his misfortune and Greg Dyers calamity was Ian Healy at the time a third rate player. I think Steve Rixon (an excellent keeper I played against was in in South Africa).

Does the book cover his "alleged" indiscretions in the dressing rooms... was there a "blue" with Bob Simpson? Have not read his book and do not intend to what I heard was on the cricketers grape vine at the time. The winner from his misfortune and Greg Dyers calamity was Ian Healy at the time a third rate player. I think Steve Rixon (an excellent keeper I played against was in in South Africa).
Peter Anderson and his untimely broken finger is a bit of a what if story from that era.

Kasprowicz should've played a greater role in the 05 Ashes but at the expense of Gillespie, not Lee. Warne was out best player, Lee probably second best.

Gillespie was horribly out of form in the ODIs leading in and carried that into the tests. 3 wickets in 3 tests and couldn't hold down an end.

Kasprowicz should've played a greater role in the 05 Ashes but at the expense of Gillespie, not Lee. Warne was out best player, Lee probably second best.

Gillespie was horribly out of form in the ODIs leading in and carried that into the tests. 3 wickets in 3 tests and couldn't hold down an end.
Oh, he was horrendous that tour. Soiled my memory of him badly.

The fact Matthew Wade ever played for Australia automatically discounts any argument that Vics are hard done by. He shouldn’t have ever been within 1000 kilometres of the Australian team. Keep him on a bus with Big Show so they can lick windows and touch themselves over their reflections.
Bushranger John Hastings picked to open the bowling at WACA of all places takes the cake, steaming in looking all big and burly.. only to lob down his military paced pies.

Pretty sure he was also leading the SS bowling averages at the time, perfect example of how performances at the lower level often don't mean much.

But according to a lot of the BF brains trust all the selectors should do is pick the guy with the best average in the shield.

Bushranger John Hastings picked to open the bowling at WACA of all places takes the cake, steaming in looking all big and burly.. only to lob down his military paced pies.

Pretty sure he was also leading the SS bowling averages at the time, perfect example of how performances at the lower level often don't mean much.

But according to a lot of the BF brains trust all the selectors should do is pick the guy with the best average in the shield.

I don't mind this frame of thinking for one-offs. No different to last test when Starc was injured and Bird came in. Makes sense to pick someone in form in the Shield to come in.

You've posted this, word for word, in another thread somewhere

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Peter Anderson and his untimely broken finger is a bit of a what if story from that era.
The fact only one keeper gets the prize makes this a very difficult selection IF picking the best keeper is the criteria. Healy was annointed by Greg Chappell and over time he came good as the Australian backstop. I believe he was picked as the ACB team of the century keeper. Probably the fact he kept well to Shane Warne helped in this regard. Other keepers were arguably better. Remember Peter Anderson and he was highly regarded. Personally Greg Dyer was the best of this lot but the incident regarding the catch knocked the stuffing out of him and finished his cricket career. Watching the replay and having been a keeper at First Grade level I have to say he should have known he dropped the catch...but did he? Only he knows.

Gillespie bowled himself into the ground during the Indian tour in late 2004. He took 20 wickets in the 4 tests at 16.15 each. It was an outstanding effort for a pace bowler in India but it cost him badly; he was never the same bowler again.

Ashton Agar as the no1 spinner in England was by far a worse selection. At least Hastings had performed at shield level
Came in at 9/114 or thereabouts and hit 98 on debut. One of the most entertaining innings ive seen from a tailender

Kaspar should’ve played ahead of lee in the 05 ashes series. He was in form an integral part of a dominant attack that destroyed teams on the sub continent

Neither Kaspr nor Gillespie were in good form heading into the 2005 Ashes series (Gillespie was worse).

Lee didn't set the world on fire either, but he was in the best form of the trio.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back