Podcast Interview with Kane Johnson

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all,

pardon the intrusion, I come in peace!

As part of our podcast I have been interviewing some past players, and I recently interviewed Kane Johnson.

We spoke about his time at Adelaide, the Prelim against the dogs, the 97/98 Grand Finals, and at the end he mentions who he rated as the best player he played with at Adelaide.

Obviously we talked about some Richmond stuff as well (the trade, Captaincy etc) but given we did chat about his time at the Crows as well I thought I would share the link here for those who wish to have a listen.

It only goes for 35 minutes.

hope a few of you enjoy it!

Good luck for finals!

Hi all,

As part of our podcast I have been interviewing some past players, and I recently interviewed Kane Johnson.

We spoke about his time at Adelaide, the Prelim against the dogs, the 97/98 Grand Finals, and at the end he mentions who he rated as the best player he played with at Adelaide.

Obviously we talked about some Richmond stuff as well (the trade, Captaincy etc) but given we did chat about his time at the Crows as well I thought I would share the link here for those who wish to have a listen.

Good luck for finals!

Cheers for the Johnson memories! He was an understated gun when in the years he played for us. Didn't take much notice of him when he played for Richmond however. All the best to him in future endeavors!

Hi all,

Good luck for finals!

Thanks, I'll have a a listen to a third of my username.

Hope you take the Cats to the cleaners... so they get to face the Swans.

Hi all,

Good luck for finals!

Thanks - nice work!

One of my favourites. I remember him and a guy named Williams and one other whom Ive long forgotten were drafted at the same time. They looked a likely trio but as the others dropped off Kane stood out. Was the ideal player to complement our 97 squad. Very sad to see him leave. One of the first players among many to head home.

Hi all,

Good luck for finals!

Neil Kerley always loved Sugar.

I was never dirty on Kane for leaving.. I guess the reason was there was no song and dance about it cos it was the pre social media era.. where it was just the newspaper, sports news on tv and a few websites on the net where you'd hear about it. plus you cant be dirty on a player that was with you for 7 years and won 2 flags.. I was dirty on Danger cos we were so close to winning a flag

I was never dirty on Kane for leaving.. I guess the reason was there was no song and dance about it cos it was the pre social media era.. where it was just the newspaper, sports news on tv and a few websites on the net where you'd hear about it. plus you cant be dirty on a player that was with you for 7 years and won 2 flags.. I was dirty on Danger cos we were so close to winning a flag

We finished third on the ladder the year that Johnson left and made it to a Prelim.

That's
We finished third on the ladder the year that Johnson left and made it to a Prelim.
right, Kane Johnson's last game for us was at the MCG against Collingwood. we were on top in the first half until Edwards went down knocked out..
horrible game to sit through in that 2nd half.. that was the last time I head proper tears in my eyes after a footy result.

Thanks, I'll have a a listen to a third of my username.

Hope you take the Cats to the cleaners... so they get to face the Swans.

Nah, see, you lack ambition.

I'm hoping they take the Cats to the cleaners so they get to face Essendon, who will have knocked out the Swans in the first week.

Think big! :D

That's

right, Kane Johnson's last game for us was at the MCG against Collingwood. we were on top in the first half until Edwards went down knocked out..
horrible game to sit through in that 2nd half.. that was the last time I head proper tears in my eyes after a footy result.

For some reason I can never remember that game very well... but I have a crystal clear memory of the Brisbane flogging a fortnight earlier :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's

Changed the game that - still reckon it was intentional !

Kane Johnson from memory turned the '98 GF for us early in the 3rd quarter

For some reason I can never remember that game very well... but I have a crystal clear memory of the Brisbane flogging a fortnight earlier :(
the week earlier was epic.. that semi against the dees where we had to play our "home final" at the MCG. we went into that prelim as favs as well :(

Hi all,

Good luck for finals!
I was at your game on Sunday Got to say out if all the Victorian games not involving the Crows I have been to that was one of the best

The enjoyment of Richmond supporters seeing their team finish top four was great to witness.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I was at your game on Sunday Got to say out if all the Victorian games not involving the Crows I have been to that was one of the best

The enjoyment of Richmond supporters seeing their team finish top four was great to witness.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

there was a big weight lifted off everyones shoulders thats for sure. i reckon everyone at the game mentally prepared ourselves for a loss as we typically choke in games that mean something, so it was nice to get the win!

hopefully there is more enjoyment to come next week!

The Johnson loss was completely overshadowed by the Carey arrival.

Johnson was a very good player. Easily one of the best players on the ground in the 98 GF.

Good interview! Very good player! A bit more Blight magic telling Johnson he had the job on Harvey in the 97 GF the day after Harvey won the Brownlow - even if Johnson had never played the midfield tagging role before.

thanks! yeah i found that amazing. he obviously knew Johnson could handle the challenge and rise to the occasion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back