Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

whizkizz

Club Legend
Sep 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
FWIW Jay Clark or Leigh Montagna reported on Triple M this morning that Hugh McCluggage is close to signing a long term deal with Brisbane in the vicinity of 700k.

Happy days!

Dlions

Premium Platinum
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
FWIW Jay Clark or Leigh Montagna reported on Triple M this morning that Hugh McCluggage is close to signing a long term deal with Brisbane in the vicinity of 700k.

Happy days!
It was mentioned on the news on Thursday night, I think 🤔, that the Club were working on a long term deal.
No mention of figures though.

Section 5

Club Legend
Nov 26, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Happy days!
I am not a fan of long term contracts. Depends on what is classed as long term by Triple M boys
Three with a fourth year trigger is what i would like to class as long term.
I suppose in modern footy contacts get broken fairly regularly if either party feel time is up.
But still good news that a rumor is floating about him resigning soon.

WhiteLionFeva

Premium Gold
Oct 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mt Gravatt, MHSOB, FFC, CGS
I am not a fan of long term contracts. Depends on what is classed as long term by Triple M boys
Three with a fourth year trigger is what i would like to class as long term.
I suppose in modern footy contacts get broken fairly regularly if either party feel time is up.
But still good news that a rumor is floating about him resigning soon.
I am, for our very best players. And he is one of them.

Cubs2Lions

Senior List
Jan 12, 2021
Adelaide
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
South Adelaide

Zorks on SEN 1116 with Andy Maher & Robert Murphy a couple of days ago for anyone interested.

WhiteLionFeva

Premium Gold
Oct 19, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Mt Gravatt, MHSOB, FFC, CGS
What length in your opinion is classed as a long term contract
And second which other players on our list should be on that type of long term deal
Anything longer than 3 years might be regarded as long term but it depends on the player's quality and age primarily, as well as their preparedness to sign a lengthy contract and the retention factor which we still face. Anything less than 4 for a young star player such as Hugh I would not regard as long term. Dusty got 7 and that reflects his standing in the game. Ditto Harris who re-signed for 4 on top of the year remaining on his existing contract. I have no firm views on who else on our list would warrant a long-term deal. Let's see what the season brings.

Dlions

Premium Platinum
Aug 12, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

BuntonRules

long term substance abuser
Dec 30, 2008
in front of the telly
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams