Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

He's just being snide and condescending I reckon.

I think the subtext is just "Leppitsch is getting the boot, Leigh is going with him, be nice to them both because the Voss thing was bad".

But it's vague enough to point to anyone who moves on and say he was right.

You can't tell me his Collingwood sliding doors this week isn't in there as a dig at us as well...

You can't tell me his Collingwood sliding doors this week isn't in there as a dig at us as well...
Only if you're looking for it. It's actually a pat on the back for James Aish. It says that Aish had issues in the early season when there was probably higher expectations on him but he worked through it and has performed in recent weeks. If it had said "If you thought James Aish was never going to make it as an AFL footballer while at Brisbane... but going to Collingwood where they have facilities and money he has proven his ability" then that would be a dig a Brisbane. On that note, if you want to read that particular article you can read this:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/collin...ediscovered-his-instinct-20160817-gqukxh.html

...where Aish basically says that he was never going to make it as a player at Brisbane but he could be at Collingwood. Aside from the slap in the face, it pretty easily illustrates the ongoing trouble we're going to have hanging onto quality young players who could get a game at any other club. Using Aish, Polec and Taylor as examples - we really do have problems developing young players... or should that be we have problems developing young self-entitled w***ers from Adelaide... (not to re-open old wounds).

We've got a heads up from above that larger threads need to be cut into smaller chunks because it's causing issues on the back end of the forums. This effectively being Part II of the old Media Alert thread, but hopefully clearer that it's meant to be for forthcoming appearances rather than general discussion of media articles as per Fatcat08's comment.

Media articles are still welcome to be posted to the board but should be in the relevant thread, or feel free to create a new thread if you don't see an appropriate existing thread. This lets those seeking discussion on specific topics to find it, without having to trawl through a dozen pages.

So we read the articles/listen to podcasts/watch videos here then have to find a relevant thread to discuss said article/interview or create a thread to discuss it?

So we read the articles/listen to podcasts/watch videos here then have to find a relevant thread to discuss said article/interview or create a thread to discuss it?
Media appearances, not media articles.

As in:

"heads up, Brion will be interviewed on SEN at 10am"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ideally the articles will only be posted in the relevant thread. This thread should be for information of upcoming appearances.

We've got a heads up from above that larger threads need to be cut into smaller chunks because it's causing issues on the back end of the forums. This effectively being Part II of the old Media Alert thread, but hopefully clearer that it's meant to be for forthcoming appearances rather than general discussion of media articles as per Fatcat08's comment.

Media articles are still welcome to be posted to the board but should be in the relevant thread, or feel free to create a new thread if you don't see an appropriate existing thread. This lets those seeking discussion on specific topics to find it, without having to trawl through a dozen pages.

Get more hamsters Chief, you cheapo.

If you ask any Collingwood supporter/feral, hes a rare combination of Pendlebury, Fyfe and the new coming of Simon Black.

So basically, he was worth 3 pick 1s and will no doubt be a back to back Brownlow medalists shortly.

I
Get more hamsters Chief, you cheapo.
f more hamster means he buys fewer beers for me then I am all for more and shorter threads.

Sense of fair play and justice addressed I think.

Their was a good chat on the Lions and Leppa just on Crunch time on SEN. Hopefully they put a link up on their website later. Well worth a listen. Kingy clueless as usual. Dermie on the money. Huddo also speaking realistically.

Their was a good chat on the Lions and Leppa just on Crunch time on SEN. Hopefully they put a link up on their website later. Well worth a listen. Kingy clueless as usual. Dermie on the money. Huddo also speaking realistically.
i was listening to it as well and had the same thoughts as you. Brereton has an image as a bit of a buffoon, but when ever i listen to him he seems to use a good dose of logic and commonsense.

Able to give us a breakdown of what was said?

They all seem to think Leppa was gone and that he probably knew it as well. Dermie spoke about the fact that he was up against it as the list was on the decline and needed re shaping. David King was talking rubbish saying the Lions made a huge mistake in getting Beams and Christensen and giving up picks 5 and 25 in the draft when they could have got two good kids. He got shut down quickly by Dermie and Huddo who said what did you expect them to do when Beams said he wanted to play for the Lions. Dermie quite rightly pointed out our club has massive trouble in persuading good players to come to our club so when these two came up we were obliged to take them. Kingy then said we should have never given up pick 5 for Beams. King is just one of those media clowns who has all the answers after the event.

One really interesting point Dermie made was that he has spoken to three list managers from other clubs and because Schwabby is Derm's mate he pointed out to these list managers that the Lions are willing to do some good deals for the right players. He got the same answer from all three list managers - they would love to get their hands on some of our early draft picks but they don't know of any player on their lists who wants to play for the Lions.

Huddo finished off by saying Leppa had struggled to get the best out of players like Mayes and Paparone and that might have been more of an issue than the results themselves. Not many players have improved in his tenure.

Hopefully they put the link up on their site later as they covered a fair bit and i'm sure i have missed a bit. Despite being a gibberer at times Dermie talks sense majority of the time if you can listen long enough.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back