Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

abcde12345

Team Captain
May 15, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
GWS
Dermott on t.v. tonight saying if it was Mitch Robinson instead of Ablett the last 2 weeks he would have gotten suspended, and the rules aren't being applied equally. Chief agreed.

One of the worst parts IMO is that the "untouchables" like Ablett, Fyfe etc. are much more likely to leave an impression on more kids - meaning this stuff will filter through to the juniors a lot more from these players than from less known players from smaller clubs. They should be getting judged more harshly than the lesser known players, not the other way around.

FLVanLandingham

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 3, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
finally got round to watching Rich's iterview on 360 (on the lions ytube as well).

My respect for him just keeps growing and not just for his work on the field. Really level head and spoke really well I thought. Stoked to see his approach to this year and hopefully 5+ more to really get the best out of him.

Also god i hate sat interviews, bright light right in their face, can't engage with the interviewer when sitting at the desk and the long pauses. A shame we generally get our media done that way for obvious reasons. Oh well!

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Haha Damian Barrett can GAGF.

Manages to include Richmond who beat an injury hit Hawthorn as one of the premiership fancies, along with Geelong, Collingwood, Eagles and GWS. Almost as if he forgot about us.

What about the other team at the top end of the ladder?
Yep, Brisbane deserves just as much kudos.

They have set up their season very nicely at 6-3, and between now and round 23, only play four top-eight sides.

Finals, here they come.

And another disgusting piece of journalism to take pot shots at the inconsistency of the MRP where bigger name players get off.

While we're on the MRO…
If Rhys Mathieson was Nat Fyfe or Gary Ablett, he might be a chance to escape the Match Review Officer's sanction for his elbow on Crow Jordan Gallucci on Saturday.
But he's not, and he won't, and nor does he deserve to escape. Should get two weeks.

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Haha Damian Barrett can go away.

Manages to include Richmond who beat an injury hit Hawthorn as one of the premiership fancies, along with Geelong, Collingwood, Eagles and GWS. Almost as if he forgot about us.

And another disgusting piece of journalism to take pot shots at the inconsistency of the MRP where bigger name players get off.
I don't see the problem with both sets...
We clearly aren't in the same tier as Collingwood, Geelong, GWS or even a fully fit and inform Eagles. We are probably on par with Richmond but who knows.

And the MRP, well why is that disgusting? It is the truth, very inconsistent

lol

Screen Shot 2019-05-31 at 4.12.08 PM.png

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Also reported on Footy Classified that Luke Hodge will definitely retire at the end of the season (Hodge's manager, Paul Connors was apparently in Brisbane today discussing his future) and will stay in Queensland beyond 2019 and the club and Hodge are now negotiating with him to become a a development coach and some role in marketing at the club, whilst also allowing him to do some media work.

Royboys44

Senior List
Apr 12, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yeah.

It's about the private school kids at the Gabba on the weekend.

https://www.couriermail.com.au/spor...s/news-story/a30beda2bd5784149aec9346a77f22ca
Oh really!! I felt sick in the guts with the tally ho ra ra private school crap at the Gabba on Sat night. Fair enough its Cameron's old school but still to raw for me that my public school will be under resourced for another 4 years and private schools will get the extra cash to buy private buses to ferry kids around while my teachers and students will be going without bail supplies and needs.

Back