Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Buddy and Charlie both make the ten - Charlie is deservedly numero uno for the tackles by two sand up and slot it goal. Gotta be goal of the year.

It'll get forgotten but I actually preferred his goal in round 1. His goal last year against the suns was pretty similar to this one though (and was probably even better).

It'll get forgotten but I actually preferred his goal in round 1. His goal last year against the suns was pretty similar to this one though (and was probably even better).

He has too many great goals to remember all of them. Such a cross to bear.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Danny Daly's interview this morning was very interesting -

Mentioned that Fages talked to every listed player during the bye and talked about his conversation with Rayner. Also discussed selection and interestingly said that this time last year players were getting games for the sake of it and weren't performing well at NEAFL level - whereas there is genuine competition for spots this year. Bit of a paraphrase but that was the gist.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
For the old Fitzroy fans, Mark Dwyer #58 in 86-87 is coming up on SEN.

He basically cost Paul Roos a Brownlow in 86 such was his impact after coming down from Koroit during the season and having an immediate impact.

And Rayner is?

no of course not. However I'd imagine there would be less tolerance for someone being inconsistent when they've been on an AFL list for 5 and a half seasons vs someone who has been on a list for 1 and a half. You're more tolerant of the inconsistencies and bad patches because you believe they've got the capacity to improve and change. I'm sure i'm much more tolerant on my 3 year olds behaviour than I will be when he's 7.

The first few minutes of this discussion is based on part of Mitch Robbo's Eddie betts podcast interview - about how eddies loss had a flow in effect.

Good on Mitch for getting his podcast noticed. Helps to have been mentored by an absolute gun back in his Carlton days.

Back