Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't like to rag on people who are just doing their job. But I honestly find a majority of the interviewed content borderline unwatchable and clearly lacking research by the interviewer. The questions posed to Dale Tapping in the most recent video were absolutely cringe. Hopefully the club addresses this moving forward and either properly trains/educates the interviewers or replaces them with people who have a better understanding of the game.

Don't like to rag on people who are just doing their job. But I honestly find a majority of the interviewed content borderline unwatchable and clearly lacking research by the interviewer. The questions posed to Dale Tapping in the most recent video were absolutely cringe. Hopefully the club addresses this moving forward and either properly trains/educates the interviewers or replaces them with people who have a better understanding of the game.

Its just basic phrasing issues. I think the club only wants easy questions asked so not much inside information gets leaked hence the very basic questions in all the Lions run interviews. However, if the interviewer phrased the questions from closed to open the interviews would be much more palatable. Instead of "Zorko did x,y,z. Isnt Zorko an absolulte gun?" try "Zorko did x,y,z. What do you think of Zorko's game this week?" etc. Would give the coach a bit more leeway on how they want to answer and make the interview look a lot less scripted/directed.

I don’t disagree with this post at all; some of the interviews this year are cringeworthy and borderline unwatchable although I still watch them. The questions are so bad that you’d be forgiven thinking a work experience kid had put them together.

Its just basic phrasing issues. I think the club only wants easy questions asked so not much inside information gets leaked hence the very basic questions in all the Lions run interviews. However, if the interviewer phrased the questions from closed to open the interviews would be much more palatable. Instead of "Zorko did x,y,z. Isnt Zorko an absolulte gun?" try "Zorko did x,y,z. What do you think of Zorko's game this week?" etc. Would give the coach a bit more leeway on how they want to answer and make the interview look a lot less scripted/directed.

To be fair, the content is generally made for your Facebook fan and is intended to be a gee up for your average fans. There is a reason a lot of us use BigFooty - we don’t want to rely on mainstream opinion here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bugger; does SEN still list their recent interviews somewhere on thier site?

Its out on the Afternoons podcast feed -

Because he tipped Geelong?

I mean, he is, but tipping Geelong is not an unreasonable thing to do - they're a top team with plenty of runs on the board, and we've still got a lot to do to prove ourselves. Starting with Saturday.

Campbell reckons that the Cats class will be too much for us, The Duck had it right, 28 degrees on Saturday afternoon, the Cats will wilt under the literal and figurative heat that the weather and we bring.

It was more his response to Duck that set me off. The tone of bewilderment and sarcasm directed at Duck when Brown said “so you think they’re (Lions) are the real deal”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back