Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

You're not alone, Jason! I looked for and missed it too. Usually you can see it on the clubs website easily all week.
Yep, it's not a huge deal but since our (and afl.com) website was revamped it has been more of a pain finding content IMO. It seems to be buried behind a couple of clicks rather than on the front page like it used to be for some reason. I just went and had another look for The Roar Deal and still couldn't find it, no worries though I'll just go through the link Lions_Insider provided above.

Note- I'm trying not to sound like a 59 year old whinging dinosaur here BTW.

You're not alone, Jason! I looked for and missed it too. Usually you can see it on the clubs website easily all week.
Yeah, I usually got an alert on my phone the moment they’re uploaded but haven’t the past two weeks. Last Wednesday when I was listening to the previous week’s podcast with Josh Walker, when it finished it automatically played an old Roar Deal podcast and not the new one that had come out the day before so you aren’t alone that something is going on. For me, last week’s podcast didn’t even display under the Roar Deal’s history of podcasts.

Yep, it's not a huge deal but since our (and afl.com) website was revamped it has been more of a pain finding content IMO. It seems to be buried behind a couple of clicks rather than on the front page like it used to be for some reason. I just went and had another look for The Roar Deal and still couldn't find it, no worries though I'll just go through the link Lions_Insider provided above.

Note- I'm trying not to sound like a 59 year old whinging dinosaur here BTW.
You need to download a podcast app - search for The Roar Deal and subscribe to it and then it will notify you when it is out and ready to listen to.

You need to download a podcast app - search for The Roar Deal and subscribe to it and then it will notify you when it is out and ready to listen to.
Doh! Can you download an app on to your desktop? I have my computer hooked up to my big screen TV, love it.

My phone is only for phone calls and texts, not internet etc.

Doh! Can you download an app on to your desktop? I have my computer hooked up to my big screen TV, love it.

Yeah, through the Microsoft store or an App Store on your computer!
I have this one but it looks like it costs a bit of money these days $4.50. I got it for free though.

DEEA8BB8-6664-4E65-BF46-60BCEA66811D.jpeg

Wow! I must be going mad or I'm losing my technological searching capacities more than I thought I was, I've been looking for it every day. Might be time for an Alzheimers check up.:oldman:
Or worse Jason, you don't remember that you've watched it already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow! I must be going mad or I'm losing my technological searching capacities more than I thought I was, I've been looking for it every day. Might be time for an Alzheimers check up.:oldman:

Na it’s strange, often it’s in the club’s website but not available for another 24 hours on Apple podcasts.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

..haha, sounds like you've got one of my "old peoples" phone. Calls, txts, large numbers etc so simple:)

....I do wish I had a camera though.

..haha, sounds like you've got one of my "old peoples" phone. Calls, txts, large numbers etc so simple:)

....I do wish I had a camera though.
My phone is around 5-6 years old, although it does have a camera.

The grandkids always laugh at it, you're so behind the times Jase they giggle.

Don't like to rag on people who are just doing their job. But I honestly find a majority of the interviewed content borderline unwatchable and clearly lacking research by the interviewer. The questions posed to Dale Tapping in the most recent video were absolutely cringe. Hopefully the club addresses this moving forward and either properly trains/educates the interviewers or replaces them with people who have a better understanding of the game.

I think you have to expect club-based interviews to not be deep, probing journalism. It's pretty similar across the comp. It's breezy PR because a lot of supporters have 5 minutes a day at most and are only looking for 'yeah, everything is great!' content.

I think Josie Fielding generally does a very good job with her interviews. The other girl (is it Courtney?) is certainly not as polished as Josie, but isn't first choice and sometimes you have learn by doing. Finding someone as 'lions knowledgeable' as a Dom Fay AND as charming with a microphone in hand is really,really hard. Near impossible.

Between Mike Whiting's stuff, an hour of the Roar Deal, Mitch Robbo's podcast, and the Lions Supporters podcast (https://pca.st/podcast/2f0f4a40-4dc1-0135-902b-63f4b61a9224) there's a fair bit of in-depth Lions Tragic content or there each week. Just not all of it

Yup. Typically your club stuff is going to be aimed for general public consumption as well, not the more in-depth type stuff. I think the club has done a really good job this year and getting a good flow of media content going, having it at a fair regular time and quality. Different players and coaches and different subjects, game wrap ups and previews etc. Especially considering we didn't know the season we were going to have. Probably something that might get a lil extra funding next year to really capitalise on this season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back