Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

This article by our boy Fagan has caused quite the amount of sodium chloride on the Suns’ board. In particular these comments:

I don’t think player retention is one. To be honest with you, I think one of the reasons Gold Coast struggles a little bit is because… it’s a nice place the Gold Coast. Why wouldn’t players want to stay there? Well, the reason probably is that it’s not a footy place. It doesn’t have a football culture. People aren’t necessarily interested in the game, and passionate about it. I think players will stay if they come to an area where people are passionate about football; they’ll stay if they come to a club that’s well set up and they feel like they’re improving and getting better. It’s not about those other sorts of issues. It’s really about that, I think. I don’t think there are too many reasons anymore.”

Don't really have a problem with it. Fagan was asked a question by the reporter, and answered as such. Being a Tasmanian, there is no doubt that the football culture is far superior in Tasmania than it ever will be on the Gold Coast. Just lok at the crowd numbers as a great starting point for any football code. It's a fact that sporting clubs on the Gold Coast have always failed. Look at Titans, Suns etc;

The market isn't there. When the Suns first started, the lure of Ablett and Brennan put some spice into the contest, but that's where it stopped. Look at the dwindling crowd numbers and the number of players wanting out. The culture is rotten to the core unless you are happy to get a nice suntan before returning home. Not surprised that some of their fans are mocking Fagan's hamstring injury after his comments, weird salty bunch.

Can't wait to get more freebies from them in this year's trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't really have a problem with it. Fagan was asked a question by the reporter, and answered as such. Being a Tasmanian, there is no doubt that the football culture is far superior in Tasmania than it ever will be on the Gold Coast. Just lok at the crowd numbers as a great starting point for any football code. It's a fact that sporting clubs on the Gold Coast have always failed. Look at Titans, Suns etc;

The market isn't there. When the Suns first started, the lure of Ablett and Brennan put some spice into the contest, but that's where it stopped. Look at the dwindling crowd numbers and the number of players wanting out. The culture is rotten to the core unless you are happy to get a nice suntan before returning home. Not surprised that some of their fans are mocking Fagan's hamstring injury after his comments, weird salty bunch.

You are obviously not one of their favourites over on the Suns board. Is there some history we are missing?

Brisbane doesn't have an Australian Rules culture either but anyway. All I know is that I probably wouldn't have said it.

Yeah, he could easily have made the point without referencing the Gold Coast.

It's a difficult question to answer. A Tasmanian AFL team probably would have serious retention issues.

Your spot on regarding professional sporting teams. You can go right back to the seagulls. The NSL tried it the NBL tried it. No teams had ever been successful on the coast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So long as our boy Fages doesn’t chuff off to Tassie to coach them if they get a team.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

...then Browny and Nick Reiwoldt on a show hosted by Gary Lyon after AFL360 8.30 weds night.

Whether its just a finals show or permanent I don't know.....my guess is just for finals, but we'll see.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back