Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Great punchline in the below article by Jai Bednall.

Theme is dour defensive footy isn’t good for the game and the punchline is

‘Now we’re left hoping a team like the lions can do the job instead of the rule changers’.

He’s obviously a very astute scholar of the game.

Aug 17, 2012
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Broncos are chasing Greg swan

Gee, they have 1 bad season and it all goes to hell. Didn't they make finals last year?
Hope Swann tells them to GAGF

Gee, they have 1 bad season and it all goes to hell. Didn't they make finals last year?

I always got the feeling that when Noble came on the plan was always to groom him to take over as the CEO long term. Just felt like that would be the thinking and Noble definitely wants to take on that role eventually. The broncos would be a tempting role for someone like Swann to further enhance his reputation. I tend to think that he would want to stick around until the job was done especially around club financials and springfield development finalised. But the timing an opportunity may prove to be too much of a carrot.

The freedom the league players have to move around impacts heavily. A down year and they all flee. While our code has player movement hopefully it never gets as frantic as league.

An advantage in Afl is that each team needs such a wide variety of players.

If you are missing one player you can trade them in but mostly you can’t buy a single player to lift the team to finals.

It has to happen through a dedicated rebuild on a solid cultural foundation. Players know that and will stay with a team if they believe the culture and development pathway is right even if they are losing.

The next silly thing is that they're actually 3rd bottom, not dead last like the media reports would lead you to think - and only 2 losses out of the top 8. With one win they would be up from 14th to 12th, 11th with a really good win.

So if this is the worst think imaginable for the Broncos, what's going on at Titans and Bulldogs?

Anyone who thinks we don't get a fair shake in the media, watch any and all of the footy shows tonight.
Also for anyone who listens to footy podcasts, the Footyology Podcast this week where they review the games, they gave us a massive plug after this weeks game.
Most positive I have ever heard anyone talk about the Lions and loving the way we play the game.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Also for anyone who listens to footy podcasts, the Footyology Podcast this week where they review the games, they gave us a massive plug after this weeks game.
Most positive I have ever heard anyone talk about the Lions and loving the way we play the game.
They had some nice things to say about Rayner.

They put crows v free on US prime time tv. How utterly ridiculous - they should be showing our games cause they are the most entertaining. Sheesh
D868660E-EE94-4CC0-A135-D23C4256F912.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Adelaide vs Fremantle started at 1:05pm, which is 8:05pm on the West Coast, and 11:05pm on the East Coast. Our game vs Port started at 7:40pm, which is 2:40am West Coast and 5:40am East Coast.
Yup, so if the AFL want to go live to the USA, they better start scheduling some blockbusters in Sunday lunch time-slot.

lionraven

All Australian
Feb 17, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Hodge said on SEN today that Harris Andrews would be close to the best defender he's ever played with... fair praise there.

Brian Lake must be in absolute shambles at the moment. Winning the Norm Smith as a defender and he still isnt the best defender Hodgey has ever played with. Lake must be completely rocked right now. Tears streaming down his face to be usurped by this upstart kid.

There’s an interview with Charlie on the lions website.

asked about big offeres from Victorian clubs he trots out the enjoying Brisbane, happy playing with the boys, gotta get my kicks in a game up ....

then he giggles and says that aren't that big anyway.

Obviously a number of our talent are going to attract offers.

At least he didn’t do a Dayne beams and say he’s not going anywhere?!?

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
One thing I've realised over the years is that the club is bigger than any player, and there is no point getting emotionally attached to any single individual.
Only exception is Rich however, he has been a loyal clubman and I will shed a tear the day he retires.
To an extent yes, however our reigning goalkicker who kicked 57 goals, our next best was Hipwood who kicked 35 goals and then after that are players who kicked 1 goal per game or less. Take out Cameron and our forward line becomes a whole lot less dangerous.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
To an extent yes, however our reigning goalkicker who kicked 57 goals, our next best was Hipwood who kicked 35 goals and then after that are players who kicked 1 goal per game or less. Take out Cameron and our forward line becomes a whole lot less dangerous.

Maybe others will pick up the slack. We could play Zorko as a permanent forward.

We managed to recover after losing back to back leading goal kicker Josh Green.

It would be a blow but I'd rather lose him than Neale or Andrews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back