Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Maybe others will pick up the slack. We could play Zorko as a permanent forward.

We managed to recover after losing back to back leading goal kicker Josh Green.

It would be a blow but I'd rather lose him than Neale or Andrews.
Josh Green's highest goalkicking tally was 33 with the next best 25 (slightly above 1 goal per game). Hardly the same. The post i was referring to was that the club was higher than any individual. Which includes Neale/Andrews. We lose any of them and it would be a huge huge blow. We would obviously recover but it would severely dent our chances of our premiership

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Turned on the radio a bit earlier to hear Dwayne Russell say what an excellent interview it was with Alex Witherden and that he was a young man with his finger on the pulse and that lots of listeners agreed..

..damn, I missed it. Anyone hear it?

Then at 3pm Andy Maher's show came on, he was talking about the Yeronga AFLW girls and their win at the weekend with a hearing impaired teammate etc...went on to say that's the club Matty Eagles came from and what a story his is....never will be a champion but won the Recruit got a spot on the Lions list and has managed to hold his spot on the list .... and be good enough to do that.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
Turned on the radio a bit earlier to hear Dwayne Russell say what an excellent interview it was with Alex Witherden and that he was a young man with his finger on the pulse and that lots of listeners agreed..

..damn, I missed it. Anyone hear it?

I heard it.

Witho was really impressive.

Dwyano quizzed him on a number of issues....short quarters, reducing interchange as well as some specific questions about Lions matters like Charlie's injury

Witho gave clear and honest answers and sounded really good.

Must have impressed the listeners too because Russell was reading out complimentary texts he received after the interview finished.

Also mentioned getting him back again next week.

i'm too stupid to work out how to post the interview but maybe somebody else can put it up here.

I heard it.

Witho was really impressive.

Dwyano quizzed him on a number of issues....short quarters, reducing interchange as well as some specific questions about Lions matters like Charlie's injury

Witho gave clear and honest answers and sounded really good.

Must have impressed the listeners too because Russell was reading out complimentary texts he received after the interview finished.

Also mentioned getting him back again next week.

i'm too stupid to work out how to post the interview but maybe somebody else can put it up here.
What was it on, SEN?

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Just listened to it, thanks:thumbsu:

What a well spoken intelligent young man he is.....more than your yeah no type. It was good to hear a genuine opinion on the game.

Well done Alex.
The club should really roll out the better speakers for speaking engagement than others until they are equipped to do so. They represent the club in such a great light and more than anything, give the footy public a great insight.

As much as I love J Berry the player, he is a terrible speaker that doesn't offer a great deal. Ditto Charlie.

Others I've been impressed with in interviews of late are Rayner, Ah Chee, CEY, McCarthy, Mathieson, Answerh and Lyons. Mature guys like Stef Martin, Allen Christensen, Robbo, Ryan Lester are just naturals.

MacMum

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 6, 2007
Ballarat
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
The club should really roll out the better speakers for speaking engagement than others until they are equipped to do so. They represent the club in such a great light and more than anything, give the footy public a great insight.

As much as I love J Berry the player, he is a terrible speaker that doesn't offer a great deal. Ditto Charlie.

Others I've been impressed with in interviews of late are Rayner, Ah Chee, CEY, McCarthy, Mathieson, Answerh and Lyons. Mature guys like Stef Martin, Allen Christensen, Robbo, Ryan Lester are just naturals.

...can add Hugh McCluggage to that lot. Heard him the other day, he also spoke well.

IMG_1966.PNG

Oh. My. Goodness. Lions are owning it but the only way we get a mention in the courier mail is in reference to the bloody Broncos. Tonight's headline

Revealed: Broncos' bold plan to copy Lions with Smith deal

where Smith is some old guy they see as a Luke Hodge type. First they swan, then want a Hodge deal.

Why don't they cut to chase and just change codes? 🤣

Back