Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
anyone know why there wasn't a roar deal last week?
Was it my imagination, did I hear Dom asking questions on Saturday’s nights post match press conference with Fagan?

I know at the end of the last episode, Dom mentioned they weren’t sure when they would do the next episode, because of both their schedules, especially Mike’s.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Anyone who the odd looking 20 year old kid with peroxide blonde hair is that has been at Fagan's last post-match press conference?

No offence, but his level questioning is ridiculously basic and is disappointing that outside of him of Mike Whiting (who is always good) that there doesn't appear to be any other journos in attendance.

Ad Astra

Ad astra non est mollis e terra via.
Sep 2, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Dylan, I think that'll be Dom Fay, presenter of TheRoarDeal. I can never hear the bloody questions so it's
hard to tell if they're good ones or not. I like the podcast though. Dom's got real enthusiasm and is a pretty
good analyst. Since our re-birth , when listening to him, and Michael Whiting to a lesser degree, I get a nice
feeling of comradeship, that we're on the ride together. I note as well that Fages is unfailingly courteous in
these post-match pressers and, unlike some other coaches, is never condescending or dismissive.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
Dylan, I think that'll be Dom Fay, presenter of TheRoarDeal. I can never hear the bloody questions so it's
hard to tell if they're good ones or not. I like the podcast though. Dom's got real enthusiasm and is a pretty
good analyst. Since our re-birth , when listening to him, and Michael Whiting to a lesser degree, I get a nice
feeling of comradeship, that we're on the ride together. I note as well that Fages is unfailingly courteous in
these post-match pressers and, unlike some other coaches, is never condescending or dismissive.
That's not Dom Fay.

I've seen Dom and that's not him. If it is, the peroxide blonde hair has certainly made him look a lot different and younger, plus, Dom is a lot more astute than that kid.

The kid I'm talking about looks like he is the work experience kid sans the experience.

That's not Dom Fay.

I've seen Dom and that's not him. If it is, the peroxide blonde hair has certainly made him look a lot different and younger, plus, Dom is a lot more astute than that kid.

The kid I'm talking about looks like he is the work experience kid sans the experience.
The one with a good face for radio?
yeah it’s not Dom Fay.

Ad Astra

Ad astra non est mollis e terra via.
Sep 2, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy
Re alleged Dom Fay sighting: my bad. I didn't actually see the guy in question.
Just (barely) heard two voices; Michael Whiting's and what I thought was Dom's.

Mar 13, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Bruins, Dodgers, Bulls, SEM Phoenix
Didn’t enjoy this article at all. I’ve listened to all mitchs podcasts and I think he is pretty careful about what he says about other players but I like hearing opinions.

I think this article is partly the media pack protecting Their space

the lynch comment wasn’t private, but it also was a targeted audience outside the football bubble. I don’t think he’d have used that languages his podcast. Even though it exactly summed Lynch up.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
Didn’t enjoy this article at all. I’ve listened to all mitchs podcasts and I think he is pretty careful about what he says about other players but I like hearing opinions.

I think this article is partly the media pack protecting Their space

the lynch comment wasn’t private, but it also was a targeted audience outside the football bubble. I don’t think he’d have used that languages his podcast. Even though it exactly summed Lynch up.

As a club, under Noble and Fagan, we’ve become pretty tight about letting stuff slip out to the media.

So I wonder who told Caro about Mitch being spoken to in such a manner?

You’ve probably all seen this rich interview on the lions site. Normally rich comes across as reserved and serious, while amongst the players he’s supposed to be a comic who keeps them laughing. In this interview he is the most relaxed and closest to that ive seen.

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
I thought that too....he was terrific, didn't mumble, seemed happy and relaxed, beaming a gorgeous smile all the way through..

Very easy on this old girls eyes;):)
You're not the only one.

Dan is my Mum's outright favourite Lion and by a country mile too. She always gets him on her membership card when he an option, which isn't enough if you ask her.

Dan is my Mum's outright favourite Lion and by a country mile too. She always gets him on her membership card when he an option, which isn't enough if you ask her.
Yep, mine too.
Except for her it is because he is the only one that she can make out on the field when at the games.
She is 87 and struggles to see but she can always make out Richy.

Back