Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
I love a good idiom said incorrectly but this was just too good when addressing goal kicking in Berry's interview today. "if we kick straight it's another little bow to our string".
I'm not sure why they ever roll Jarrod Berry out to do press conferences. You can tell he wants to be a face of the club and front the media, but he is clearly one of our worst speakers and couldn't be more unnatural if he tried.

I'm not sure why they ever roll Jarrod Berry out to do press conferences. You can tell he wants to be a face of the club and front the media, but he is clearly one of our worst speakers and couldn't be more unnatural if he tried.

God forbid a young adult isn't perfect in front of the media 🙄.

Genuinely mate it feels like the only time you chime in is to say something negative.

He's a natural leader, earned leadership opportunities even as a junior, but admit he's not currently a great speaker. I think it's one of those things he'll grow into.

They'll be gone for a while but the Richmond club seem to have a problem with compliance.

Time for premiership points I think. He he he

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Loved Rayners interview on TRD. Owned up his mistake but will back himself in every time. Has that instinctive aggression all damaging players do.
I think if you want to be an elite player of the comp, especially forwards, then you need that arrogance and a bit of cockiness. He will definitly learn from that, but would much rather that than him being a bit timid and wwithin himself.

What a well spoken young man is Kiddy.

lol kiddy’s first two afl games have made sure his brother won’t be overlooked in the draft.

Players who have toiled to get to Afl are great squad mates. Zorko, Eagles, Oscar ... even Lester with the number of years he’s waited, Mitch being sacked, even rocky.

They know how rare the opportunities really are and make the most of them,and their attitude impacts on the youngsters.

Courier mail article on finals tickets. Capacity 30k, could change but allocation in percentage of total stays the same.

54% to participating club members so 8,100 for each club. Any unused allocation to public sales.
15% to afl and final say series members
15% to AFL
16% to high end corporate packages.

Already got butterflies about getting a ticket and we haven't even started finals. Ridiculous behaviour from an adult, but there you go

Jan 9, 2019
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Nevertheless it's true....Apart from Richy, Jarrod is my favorite player, but he always seems very uncomfortable when doing interviews.
As much as The Berry Family are a heart warming success story & Jarrod is showing us how he can play good footy of late, I dont think that the playing group think of him as a captain. He's certainly part of the future of the club as is more than 1/2 the list of our young group of men.

Oct 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
As much as The Berry Family are a heart warming success story & Jarrod is showing us how he can play good footy of late, I dont think that the playing group think of him as a captain. He's certainly part of the future of the club as is more than 1/2 the list of our young group of men.

Hi mate. I’m actually shocked to hear that the playing group wouldn’t think of him as a future captain. Leadership written all over him and second in line to Harris imo. A man with great morals and values who will drive our positive culture into the future. I can certainly see him leading out the boys to battle in the future. I think he would be the type of captain you would want to play for. He may not be the best speaker ever, but he will lead by his actions. As my old man has always said to me - ‘Actions speak louder than words’. And all of Berry’s actions so far scream leader to me. He will have time to work on the public speaking side of things.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back