Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't find the whole interview. But this is part of it.

I love the “getting on the front foot” in relation to informing current players.

Wasn't following it that closely to be honest although he didn't give too much away. I noted that he was non-committal as to whether we'd be prepared to trade for Daniher.

Just had a listen then. My take on the way he was answering, was that he pretty much said we're not going to be trading for him, without saying anything that might stir up another headline.

Could just be that I'm hearing what I want to hear though lol.

Can't find the whole interview. But this is part of it.

Awesome. Thank you very much mate!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Big Witherden plug from Cam there - said witherden was really important to him last year when he was struggling and he is now repaying that as Witherden is going through a tough year.

Might be a message the club needs to hear - some selections are about their talent and some are about the intangibles. Keeping Rayner up and about might be an intangible worth keeping all on its own, and witherden is nowhere near maxing out his potential as an upside.

Good to get an update on how Witherden is doing. Hopefully the club sticks with him given he's contracted and allows him to rebound next year. I personally believe he's one of our best young guns, and he's one of the most popular guys around the club as well, so it would be good to keep the core squad around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is still a very passionate fan. Was lucky enough to have a zoom hookup with him a couple of weeks ago and said he was really excited. If we win the GF, he has promised to do a handstand!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The go home five must hate that tag, it will follow talk of their afl careers forever. Kids will google whatever their names are and then they will have to explain how they jumped ship from a at the time s**t club.

I know we wouldn’t be where we are now if they hadn’t left, but I’d still hate that cloud if it was following me.

Yes, it was Aker...

It would be great to have a capacity crowd for the GF
But with the Qld Gov in caretaker mode i am not sure anything will change
Maybe both political parties have agreed for the CHO to make any Covid 19 decisions until after the election.
The 75% capacity is in place. It is a matter of which figure they are allowed to use.
The often used Googled figure of 42,000 or the AFL record Gabba crowd figure of 37,473 (38,000)

75% of 42,000 = 31,500 - I believe this is the figure they will use. Gill has repeatedly mentioned "above 30,000"
75% of 38,000 = 28,500 - This figure was thrown about for finals but eventually reduced to 25,000

Maybe the Qld government's bid to secure the GF has a specific clause in relation to Covid numbers and allowable crowd totals.
Seeing the agreement was signed before caretaker mode it would be allowable.
Only guessing of course

Last edited:
Not sure if anyone has posted this yet but Fages' interview on Sportsday with Gerard Healy, Sam McClure & Richo on Wednesday.

When asked about how to beat Geelong, he did mention contested ball being the key.

It would be great to have a capacity crowd for the GF
But with the Qld Gov in caretaker mode i am not sure anything will change
Maybe both political parties have agreed for the CHO to make any Covid 19 decisions until after the election.
The 75% capacity is in place. It is a matter of which figure they are allowed to use.
The often used Googled figure of 42,000 or the AFL record Gabba crowd figure of 37,473 (38,000)

75% of 42,000 = 31,500 - I believe this is the figure they will use. Gill has repeatedly mentioned "above 30,000"
75% of 38,000 = 28,500 - This figure was thrown about for finals but eventually reduced to 25,000

Maybe the Qld government's bid to secure the GF has a specific clause in relation to Covid numbers and allowable crowd totals.
Seeing the agreement was signed before caretaker mode it would be allowable.
Only guessing of course
Fagan mentioned in his interview today that it is set at 30000 for tomorrow night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back