Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

FWIW Jay Clark or Leigh Montagna reported on Triple M this morning that Hugh McCluggage is close to signing a long term deal with Brisbane in the vicinity of 700k.

Happy days!

FWIW Jay Clark or Leigh Montagna reported on Triple M this morning that Hugh McCluggage is close to signing a long term deal with Brisbane in the vicinity of 700k.

Happy days!
It was mentioned on the news on Thursday night, I think 🤔, that the Club were working on a long term deal.
No mention of figures though.

Happy days!
I am not a fan of long term contracts. Depends on what is classed as long term by Triple M boys
Three with a fourth year trigger is what i would like to class as long term.
I suppose in modern footy contacts get broken fairly regularly if either party feel time is up.
But still good news that a rumor is floating about him resigning soon.

I am not a fan of long term contracts. Depends on what is classed as long term by Triple M boys
Three with a fourth year trigger is what i would like to class as long term.
I suppose in modern footy contacts get broken fairly regularly if either party feel time is up.
But still good news that a rumor is floating about him resigning soon.
I am, for our very best players. And he is one of them.

Zorks on SEN 1116 with Andy Maher & Robert Murphy a couple of days ago for anyone interested.

What length in your opinion is classed as a long term contract
And second which other players on our list should be on that type of long term deal
Anything longer than 3 years might be regarded as long term but it depends on the player's quality and age primarily, as well as their preparedness to sign a lengthy contract and the retention factor which we still face. Anything less than 4 for a young star player such as Hugh I would not regard as long term. Dusty got 7 and that reflects his standing in the game. Ditto Harris who re-signed for 4 on top of the year remaining on his existing contract. I have no firm views on who else on our list would warrant a long-term deal. Let's see what the season brings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ain’t no Fev he’s the real deal
Fev had kicked about 2.5 times as many goals & had a coleman under his belt when he was Joe's age. I'll be saving the fanfare til he consistently nails a few goals each week & plays out the season.

Fev had kicked about 2.5 times as many goals & had a coleman under his belt when he was Joe's age. I'll be saving the fanfare til he consistently nails a few goals each week & plays out the season.
Forget about fanfaring whatever happens Daniher is coming with good intentions..Fevola was a lost dog and we were Lort Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back