Interviews, podcasts & upcoming media info [post media articles in relevant threads]

Remove this Banner Ad

Don't know why Fagan has been on it. Spoken majority with Ben Rutten so far.
VIC bias with the Victorian clubs I see, similar to the time he was on there last year I think it was and Clarko got most of the attention between the two as well :huh:

Edit: Just mentioned about the quarters as well, and Fages and Rutten thinks 18 minute quarters + time on are the way to go in the future, which looks more and more likely the AFL will change it in 2022 as everyone seems to be on board with the idea :rolleyes:. I just really don't understand the logic behind it IMO and it's personally a joke sometimes that the AFL thinks that this a good idea for the "future generation" :mad:

Last edited:

This week's Roar Deal minutes five to about seven are
worth a listen re the commentary. Talking about the commentary not matching the game cause commentary was all Carlton focused.

Particularly like the comment ' press blue for Dwayne and Eddie'.

Was Swanny on SEN today? I cant find it but someone mentioned it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought Hammo was good on the pod especially for someone I used to think was a bit of a Brisbane hater. The simple line 'I did that job as well as I could and now I do this one as well as I can' is fine by me. Used to hold the Lions publicly to account and probably occasionally stepped over the line from hard-hitting to over-dramatic for click bait but he spoke well on the Roar Deal and glad he is at the club now. Particularly liked his line on letting the players show character with the media to gain traction in a competitive marketplace.

I thought Hammo was good on the pod especially for someone I used to think was a bit of a Brisbane hater. The simple line 'I did that job as well as I could and now I do this one as well as I can' is fine by me. Used to hold the Lions publicly to account and probably occasionally stepped over the line from hard-hitting to over-dramatic for click bait but he spoke well on the Roar Deal and glad he is at the club now. Particularly liked his line on letting the players show character with the media to gain traction in a competitive marketplace.

Confirmed what we probably all knew though which is that he doesn’t really have a passion for the sport or much of an idea about it. Just a job for him and he’s very self serving

That is all well and good, and maybe he is doing well on coaching players/Fages on how to talk to the media, but the quality of communication from the club has been so sub-par in the last year. We basically heard absolutely nothing about the reserves at all last year, and can't get basic stuff communicated (e.g. venue of VFL games) this year. Maybe there are more people in the Media department who are actually responsible for that stuff, I don't know, but I'm very unimpressed.

FWIW I probably dislike Hammo less than most and I enjoyed his and Fish's podcast when it ran. The claim that we fixed the B and F for rockliff over Black was a bit stupid, but given how dysfunctional we were for a period when Hammo was reporting on us there was good reason to be very critical. But that doesn't mean he is doing a good job promoting the club now.

Confirmed what we probably all knew though which is that he doesn’t really have a passion for the sport or much of an idea about it. Just a job for him and he’s very self serving
I got the impression from the pod he briefly did with whiting that he’s pretty involved with local footy on the Gold Coast right? A big QAFL fan if I recall. Could be misremembering.

I got the impression from the pod he briefly did with whiting that he’s pretty involved with local footy on the Gold Coast right? A big QAFL fan if I recall. Could be misremembering.
He said he was a die hard Swans supporter initially.
But said he had become quite attached to the Lions now.

Spot on.

Anyone who listened to that pod would have heard how knowledgeable he was about QLD footy, and his passion for the sport in QLD.

That is all well and good, and maybe he is doing well on coaching players/Fages on how to talk to the media, but the quality of communication from the club has been so sub-par in the last year. We basically heard absolutely nothing about the reserves at all last year, and can't get basic stuff communicated (e.g. venue of VFL games) this year. Maybe there are more people in the Media department who are actually responsible for that stuff, I don't know, but I'm very unimpressed.

FWIW I probably dislike Hammo less than most and I enjoyed his and Fish's podcast when it ran. The claim that we fixed the B and F for rockliff over Black was a bit stupid, but given how dysfunctional we were for a period when Hammo was reporting on us there was good reason to be very critical. But that doesn't mean he is doing a good job promoting the club now.

# Bring back Josie

The Australian has an interview with Fagan article.

Berry - groin injury unpredictable, encouraging that's he been able to start running, no prediction on when he's back but likely to spend a week or two in the reserves on the way back to seniors.

Lyons - they still trot out the old 'baffling decision of the sun's to let him go' line. Fagan says he's an un-heralded A-grader in every regard.

Lester - big praise for Lester.Fagan quotes on Lester:

-Lester's one of the greatest and finest characters I've met in football.
-he's a general down back, he organised everybody and he's a great man on and off the field
- Leigh Matthews had Shaun Hart who was the heartbeat of the team. Ryan Lester's is our modern day Shaun Hart.

Read or heard a Lester story about how last year he set up a gym under his house for all the boys to use during covid. Lester said in years gone past that would have resulted in being rubbished about sucking up to the coach. The new Fagan administration actually turned that around and it is now appreciated by the club and players. Big statement about culture right there.

-

Remove this Banner Ad

Back