Training Intra-club match 29 Feb 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Me too. Certainly not ‘light years’ off the pace.
They play just moved around him, he was regularly caught in between the ball without his opponent who had ready the play better and moved to where the ball was about to land. I a pack situation he was OK, but in general play he wasn't able to read it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He did take at least one, also kicked at least one goal. Not a blinder by any means though.
Pretty sure he had two goals and at least one nice mark. Was pretty solid without dominating.

A few comments from the terrace:
We better pray that English doesn't get injured this season or we will be in BIG trouble, the backups and second rucks are not great. Tim's around the ground work is improving continually but the jury's out on his ruck work until we see him against fair dinkum ruckmen.
Wallis should play Round 1, if not as a mid then as a deep forward, he just knows where the goals are.
Suckling looked a bit unfit early but worked his way into it as the designated kicker from half back.
B Smith looked classy and kicked the ball very well.
Gardner, who I thought was a very ordinary footballer, actually had the better of his opponents.
Weightman got a bit of it as the game progressed and didn't look out of place.
McLean looks better away from the deep forward position and Wallis may have him covered for that role.
I didn't notice any of our fringe players really stand out but that was made less certain by the fact that players didn't wear numbers and there were many VFL players involved.
As others stated, Lachie Young was solid and kicked the ball very well.
Libba, Red and Cordy were all in the rehab group but all trained lightly prior to the game.
The sale in the Bulldogs Shop was good and I scored a nice jacket at a discount price.

A few comments from the terrace:
We better pray that English doesn't get injured this season or we will be in BIG trouble, the backups and second rucks are not great. Tim's around the ground work is improving continually but the jury's out on his ruck work until we see him against fair dinkum ruckmen.
Wallis should play Round 1, if not as a mid then as a deep forward, he just knows where the goals are.
Suckling looked a bit unfit early but worked his way into it as the designated kicker from half back.
B Smith looked classy and kicked the ball very well.
Gardner, who I thought was a very ordinary footballer, actually had the better of his opponents.
Weightman got a bit of it as the game progressed and didn't look out of place.
McLean looks better away from the deep forward position and Wallis may have him covered for that role.
I didn't notice any of our fringe players really stand out but that was made less certain by the fact that players didn't wear numbers and there were many VFL players involved.
As others stated, Lachie Young was solid and kicked the ball very well.
Libba, Red and Cordy were all in the rehab group but all trained lightly prior to the game.
The sale in the Bulldogs Shop was good and I scored a nice jacket at a discount price.

I think you’ll find that Trengove will be the main back up ruck if English goes down. Sweet after him.

Thought West was good and looks really fit, liked Lachie Young and Wallis was a real hand full but Timmy English was the show stealer. We need to use him more around the ground because he's so good. His marking when he pushed forward was a highlight. Also Schache took a number of marks and kicked a couple and was OK imo.
ELB_3392_1.jpg ELB_3393_1.jpg ELB_3425_1.jpg ELB_3428_1.jpg ELB_3434_1.jpg ELB_3446_1.jpg ELB_3452_1.jpg ELB_3461_1.jpg ELB_3473_1.jpg ELB_3496_1.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back