Training Intra Club - Saturday 10/02/18 @ 10:00am - replay links in post 189

Remove this Banner Ad

Not having Josh Green in there reduces your credibility.

lol.

You can't squeeze everyone in. He is borderline 22. He played well and will get games for sure. He deserves them and should play finals as other players fall away and get injured. IMO Green is the sort of guy that given half an opportunity will lock himself into the 22. But he needs a lot to go right.

Back to that 'credibility issue you speak of.
AT the end of the day I don't write this stuff to get credibility. Lol - its a fan forum. I could not give a flaming *.
My love for this club is both uncompromising and ruthless. If being right was a popularity contest, then I would never win.

lol.

You can't squeeze everyone in. He is borderline 22. He played well and will get games for sure. He deserves them and should play finals as other players fall away and get injured. IMO Green is the sort of guy that given half an opportunity will lock himself into the 22. But he needs a lot to go right.

Back to that 'credibility issue you speak of.
AT the end of the day I don't write this stuff to get credibility. Lol - its a fan forum. I could not give a flaming glory be.
My love for this club is both uncompromising and ruthless. If being right was a popularity contest, then I would never win.
Relax. I love Josh Green.

The key take aways for me from the Intra are:

The good.
Saad is a good player, however Mckeena will take his game to another level. Could be elite by seasons end - This game has reconfirmed what I have seen at training all preseason.
Smith is going to be a perm mid & will be an elite rover. He is going to add so much to our mid field. GUN.
Stringer is in better physical condition that I had thought. He has a point to prove and whilst I think he may only play 30% midfield, he is going to have a great impact for us. He is such a difficult player to stop, his strength through the hips and his kicking & power of a single step make him a WEAPON. Get excited.
Zerrett has gotten bigger and stronger and should be better.
Tippa's fitness has grown a lot in the off season, and I think that he will be able to impact on more contests & play more time in the middle.
Jackson played better than I can remember him playing for some time.
Mckernan wants to play senior footy, he was good today. When he lost it in the ruck, he won plenty of ball around the ground and showed up our more fancied types.

The worries about our midfield should abate. The inclusion of Smith & Stringer together with the natural progression of guys like Zerrett, Tippa & Mckeena will add so much midfield.

Depth. Guys like Laverde, Brown, Green, Clarke,Long Colyer Dea, Mutch Guelfi and etc are all waiting in the wings

Who else thinks that Nick Hind may be on the list next year or think he should be already?

The Bad.

Hurley injury. I pray to god that its going to be ok. He should have a special arm guard for these games. Please don't risk guys like him Zerrett, Hurley, Daniher, Smith Goodard for the rest of this preseason - please.
Parish needs to impact the game a bit more, now he has healthy competition for the midfield who knows if he will be a lock in the 22.
Laverde needs to do more for me. Luey is far from an AFL ruckman. Hooker's kicking was pathetic. Ok its preseason. But guys work damn hard to deliver the ball to you. Why don't you practice your goal kicking and get that action right?

Gee Dan Richardson is impressive.

Someone who seems absolutely brain-dead has made it a long way...
I’m fairly sure he said, when asked about Langford’s best position, that he can play at either end but he sees him more as a defender. I wasn’t fully engaged in the conversation but this is what I thought I heard.

If so, surely you’d not say anything to expose your ignorance if you weren’t sure about a player.

Maybe he was talking about Goddard, I dunno.

I’m fairly sure he said, when asked about Langford’s best position, that he can play at either end but he sees him more as a defender. I wasn’t fully engaged in the conversation but this is what I thought I heard.

If so, surely you’d not say anything to expose your ignorance if you weren’t sure about a player.

Maybe he was talking about Goddard, I dunno.

Settled on Langford playing in defence.

This dickhead's job is to know football. How long does he need to know his 44 players?

How many multiples of $100,000 a year is he on to fill water bottles?

Gee Dan Richardson is impressive.

Someone who seems absolutely brain-dead has made it a long way...
Are you trying to tell me that the man who came up with this dynamite plan:

Dan Richardson said:
"We didn't think Richmond fans would accept an eight-year rebuild. We turned it around in four, which I think was a terrific achievement.

"We're paying a price in the sense that we knew that that mature-age talent would get us to a point but not take us to the next level, which was always going to be the hardest part.

"While it's been disappointing somewhat to not win a final, it's been a good achievement to play finals for three years in a row for the first time for 20 years for the club."
... isn't a genius? :drunk:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone please tell me what I think about this?
*Impressed with youngsters
*Controversial opinion that player in 16-20 range isn't good enough but first year player is
*DAE Langford is the worst??/??????/??/???
*Gush over Zach
*Gush over Stringer

The key take aways for me from the Intra are:

The good.
Saad is a good player, however Mckeena will take his game to another level. Could be elite by seasons end - This game has reconfirmed what I have seen at training all preseason.
Smith is going to be a perm mid & will be an elite rover. He is going to add so much to our mid field. GUN.
Stringer is in better physical condition that I had thought. He has a point to prove and whilst I think he may only play 30% midfield, he is going to have a great impact for us. He is such a difficult player to stop, his strength through the hips and his kicking & power of a single step make him a WEAPON. Get excited.
Zerrett has gotten bigger and stronger and should be better.
Tippa's fitness has grown a lot in the off season, and I think that he will be able to impact on more contests & play more time in the middle.
Jackson played better than I can remember him playing for some time.
Mckernan wants to play senior footy, he was good today. When he lost it in the ruck, he won plenty of ball around the ground and showed up our more fancied types.

The worries about our midfield should abate. The inclusion of Smith & Stringer together with the natural progression of guys like Zerrett, Tippa & Mckeena will add so much midfield.

Depth. Guys like Laverde, Brown, Green, Clarke,Long Colyer Dea, Mutch Guelfi and etc are all waiting in the wings

Who else thinks that Nick Hind may be on the list next year or think he should be already?

The Bad.

Hurley injury. I pray to god that its going to be ok. He should have a special arm guard for these games. Please don't risk guys like him Zerrett, Hurley, Daniher, Smith Goodard for the rest of this preseason - please.
Parish needs to impact the game a bit more, now he has healthy competition for the midfield who knows if he will be a lock in the 22.
Laverde needs to do more for me. Luey is far from an AFL ruckman. Hooker's kicking was pathetic. Ok its preseason. But guys work damn hard to deliver the ball to you. Why don't you practice your goal kicking and get that action right?

Last real game we played Parish was one of our best in a final, in Sydney, at 19 years of age. Now he's not getting a game because he underperformed in a scratchie in early Feb?
Parish does not play VFL. End of.

My best 22 right now.

Baguley - Hartley - Gleeson

Mckenna - Hurley - Saad

Zacka - D.Smith - McGrath
TBC - Heppell - Zerrett

Stringer - Hooker - Fanta

Walla - Daniher - Stewart

Bench: Goddard (Def), Begley (F), Parish (M), either Langford or Myers

Emergency: Mckernan / Guelfi / Mcneice
Think Myers will play almost all games in seniors now he is on leadership team. Woosha has big wraps on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back