Review Intra Club this Friday at Henson Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Sam Fisher looked impressive. Very competitive type like Foote.

Sam Murray kicked a ripper goal. Collected the ball on the run from about centre wing ran away and ducked and weaved a bit then feigned a handball over the top, accelerated from the last defender and finished truly.

Zak Jones was probably the most impressive out there. Looks ready for the midfield role that Kizza will probably leave vacant as he transitions forward.
I assume Kizza will be the new mcglynn type small terrier half forward while paps stays on as the crumber.

Uploading some photos from the game to my flickr now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Managed to leave work early so headed straight to Henson Park. Unbelievably hot at the ground, but great to see everyone support the team despite the heat.

Standouts for me was Jones (lot of great attacking runs), Grundy dependable as ever in defence and Heeney (took a great mark in front of the main crowd). Didn't really see much of Florent but liked what I saw, Leonardis had a few good moments. Senior players like Jack, Hanners and Lloyd played well and good to see Reid play a full game.

Would have loved to see more accurate kicking.....but I guess it is an intra-club match so will cut them some slack.

Oh, and Longmire has the biggest calves I have ever seen :eek:

Real credit to the boys for their intensity out there today... then again a game of tiddlywinks might have satisfied me after an hour and 45mins driving the 22km trip :mad: Gotta love Sydney traffic ;)

Some of my observations and perceptions from the day....

Further to the Zac Jones love.... Tom who?
Jake Lloyd will be even better this year
Robbo looks to have bulked up a bit and told the newbs they'll need to step over him to play in the 1's
Reidy showing plenty of those second and third efforts that helped make his late '15 form so good
Marsh stood fairly tall in the absence of so many of our top players
Purposely watched Newman given a few pushing his barrow here.... still don't get the fuss
Foote? Always busy.... not sure about his productivity tho
Leonardis is flashy... remember saying the same after his first visit to Henson
Of our new recruits... Murray and Ronke did some good things and Cameron, tho beaten soundly in the ruck, was quite combative and took a couple of nice grabs.

Would say after today that our list is definitely good enough..... now it's over to Horse and his team

Upload finally complete. Link below...Enjoy

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRQzMWs

No idea how to upload the slideshow of the album to big footy directly (used to be able before) If anyone knows, it would be much appreciated.
Here's a few of my fave shots.

New recruits....Oliver Florent tackling Sam Fisher

Tippo vs Cameron

Michael Talia is alive

Isaac taking a ripper mark (held it long enough)

Last edited:
Upload finally complete. Link below...Enjoy

https://flic.kr/s/aHskRQzMWs

No idea how to upload the slideshow of the album to big footy directly (used to be able before) If anyone knows, it would be much appreciated.
Here's a few of my fave shots.

New recruits....Oliver Florent tackling Sam Fisher

Tippo vs Cameron

Michael Talia is alive

Isaac taking a ripper mark (held it long enough)

Every year I can't wait for your annual pics of the intra & you've again come up with the goods. It signifies the start of a new year to me & I really appreciate the effort mate. I bet those others that can't make it appreciate it too.

Have to say even though it was stinking hot the players were so accommodating to the fans after the game.

I didn't stay too long as I was almost passing out but it was wonderful to see

Have to say even though it was stinking hot the players were so accommodating to the fans after the game.

I didn't stay too long as I was almost passing out but it was wonderful to see
Gotta love this club :)

They should cancel it. This is stupid. There is nothing to be gained from going ahead - no one's going to actually be able to try very hard.

It's all risk and no upside. Sorry to three- or low four-figures worth of sad cases that made the trip out (i wish that included me). Go get some Vietnamese or a beer at the Henson or whatever, make a night of it.
Agree. This game should have been postponed. Flogging our players for nothing. All the junior weekend sport has been cancelled here because of the heat.

Swans management - you need to be better than this!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back