Review Intraclub match - Essendon wins! - 8/2

Remove this Banner Ad

I do not like the sound of this.

That's what we've been doing for 10 years. I know it's an intraclub and defenders have to practice their games too. But surely it's a time when you can be extra attacking and just have a crack at getting it to the forwards quickly.

I was critical of that as well but the windy conditions played a part, it was said during the coverage that it was a 4 to 5 goal wind.

Which is why I'm saying over the course of the season, if a small forward is too kick 30 to 40 goals then they will have a few games where they might kick 3 or 4
That's a very different argument to suggesting he'll "average 2-4 goals a game", which means exactly what it says: 44-88 goals in 22 games.

Watching the game again I swear Zerrett had about 40 touches, he was everywhere

I did likewise and actually counted his disposals in the first quarter. He had either 16/17 first quarter alone

Myers game wasnt bad either. Was rusty could probably tell hes barely played in 2 years but got his hands to the pill, tackled well and used his big long bomb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone who saw it all willing to plonk down a combined best 22 from the day? Be a great insight

B: Baguley, Ambrose, Stanton
HB: Gleeson, (unknown VFL player), Long
C: Myers, Watson, Colyer
HF: Zaharakis, McKernan, Howlett
F: Tippa, Daniher, Fantasia
Foll: Leuenberger, Langford, Z.Merrett
Int: Parish, Mutch, (unknown VFL player small defender), Laverde

They'd have been my best 22 from the two sides - many would want Green in but I thought his fitness didn't look great and his disposals and decisions weren't great at times. Mutch was the surprise packet.

Anyone who saw it all willing to plonk down a combined best 22 from the day? Be a great insight
Kelly Ambrose Mckenna
Gleeson Ridley Stanton
Colyer Watson Zerrett
Green Daniher Walla
Begley Muller Fantasia
Luey Heppell Langford
BJ Laverde Myers Mutch

Ridley purely because we just didn't have enough KPDs on the ground with Hurley, Hartley and Brown missing. He did show a bit despite playing out of position though. Very nice kick.

Muller because he provided more of a contest up forward than Stewart imo.

The rest are positional.

I agree, I don't see Green being our number 1 small forward but he doesn't need to be, that is between Walla and Fanta with Colyer coming off the wing, so if Green can be a solid contributor with maybe 2 to 4 goals a game then that will be a positive to the forward line and will add to the pressure on opposition defenders.

I still dont see Green as more than depth unless he forces past one of Colyer, Tippa or Fantasia.

What is the point of a third small forward? The mid-sized guys we have are quick and just as capable of putting on pressure.

You dont need three to get one "off the chain". There are mid-sized guys who better suit the midfield rotation and who are better players.

I still dont see Green as more than depth unless he forces past one of Colyer, Tippa or Fantasia.

What is the point of a third small forward? The mid-sized guys we have are quick and just as capable of putting on pressure.

You dont need three to get one "off the chain". There are mid-sized guys who better suit the midfield rotation and who are better players.
not that I agree playing walla colyer Fantasia and green in the same team is the right move, I liked how each mid stoppage one of them was running out of the stoppage at full speed. Either were used out of the stoppage or getting to the next kick and moving toward goal crumbling at full speed. Like this tactic.

I think Hocking deserves a mention he impacted many contests in the midfield and was solid in his role down back.

Yeh he was solid

Just seems on the periphry for me

I wonder who tags without him in the side or does those midfield jobs. Wouldnt mind trialing Goddard, Langford, Parish in a few of those roles before season proper.

Yeh he was solid

Just seems on the periphry for me

I wonder who tags without him in the side or does those midfield jobs. Wouldnt mind trialing Goddard, Langford, Parish in a few of those roles before season proper.

I don't think Worsfold really uses a tagger?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back