Game Day Intraclub Match thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Impey was very impressive going back with the flight a few times.

I agree with the idea of BB at ff! The only issue is having a ruck and roughead as the two deep forwards they wont provide enough pressure the other way.

Could we do this
Mcevoy - plays at ff is the main tall target to kick long to if we have to.
Roughead- starts as a forward, takes the ruck duties after the center bounce, pushing into the midfield playing the extra mid loose ruck role.
Cegs- starts as the number 1 ruck pushing back into defence when he can to cover the long kick.

if kick outs are going to have much more penetration, putting weapons on each flank will mean defenders have to cover two options simultaneously.
would this be a ruck with smalls, or a tall running machine? Interesting

I cant believe those lucky bastards are going to get the #1 pick this year. Stocker has a lot of pressure on him...

And there is vision of Silvagni and the Carlton recruiting team celebrating and congratulating each other when the trade of draft picks went down...... I wish i owned the copywrite on that vision for the next 30 years $$$.

Can’t beleive people are writing Rough off after What was less than a practice game, the legend is going through his 14th preseason so I’m pretty sure he’s focussed on the real stuff and going through the motions yesterday, especially if he’s giving off handballs and lagging behind packs. It’s fair to say he had a bad game but making a call on his season ahead and career is frankly embarrassing and something worthy of a slap over the back of the head for being so foolish.

Can’t beleive people are writing Rough off after What was less than a practice game, the legend is going through his 14th preseason so I’m pretty sure he’s focussed on the real stuff and going through the motions yesterday, especially if he’s giving off handballs and lagging behind packs. It’s fair to say he had a bad game but making a call on his season ahead and career is frankly embarrassing and something worthy of a slap over the back of the head for being so foolish.
I don't think anyone is writing him off after a practice game, the great man is clearly not the player he once was. His form had fallen away last year which was to be expected at his age and with everything the big fella has gone through but it is a concern. He is still best 22 and absolutely we all hope that he can find some of that old Roughy form, but it is understandable why some doubt that will happen.

I don't think anyone is writing him off after a practice game, the great man is clearly not the player he once was. His form had fallen away last year which was to be expected at his age and with everything the big fella has gone through but it is a concern. He is still best 22 and absolutely we all hope that he can find some of that old Roughy form, but it is understandable why some doubt that will happen.
Naturally I understand with regards to his age and the effects of Keytruda treatment. I just think there is 0% that can be learned about established players from a practice practice game except possible injury. He may very well not make it through the season at AFL level but to say some people are jumping the gun is an understatement.

Brereton made his debut in I think a semi final at the age of 18. He kicked 5 that day and immediately announced himself as a champion. Dunstall took a little longer..

Buddy showed in his first year that he would become a champion. Roughy took around three seasons but even in his first year you could see he was something special. We are though taking about picks 2 and 4.

I love ML but the odds of a KPF becoming a good solid CHF at pick 75 are not that flash. Explain s why we kept throwing the kitchen sink at TL

In Davo's defence Dermott's 2nd game was s**t :D

Not sure about the BB deep forward proposition, when the game heavily relies on forward pressure and territory, it makes no sense to have BB as our main deep key forward.

Correct i would rather a more mobile deep target but we simply don't have one.
Roughy has not been a aerial threat for 2 seasons.

It worked for Westcoast & Collingwood. Melbourne has recruited preuss and he will start at ff.
i expect those teams to be up there again,
you just need to be able to play fast players around them to cover.

Maybe clarko will come up with a different master stroke:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brereton made his debut in I think a semi final at the age of 18. He kicked 5 that day and immediately announced himself as a champion. Dunstall took a little longer..

Buddy showed in his first year that he would become a champion. Roughy took around three seasons but even in his first year you could see he was something special. We are though taking about picks 2 and 4.

I love ML but the odds of a KPF becoming a good solid CHF at pick 75 are not that flash. Explain s why we kept throwing the kitchen sink at TL
I'm sure there are more than Chris Grant and I'll add Hird as a KPP as he played a lot at CHF, but the game has changed again meaning positional flexibilty is ultra important and the best junior KPP are being snapped up and clubs hoping they can develop them.

ML may make it but we shouldn't have any expectations on him, much like the WB had of Grant. We will all love it if the story comes good but there are very few before him that have trodden the path, heck plenty of top 5 picks on the past 10 years have for better use of words, failed to live up to expectations.

Hard to read much into Rough, he's got nothing to prove in a practice match. Sounds like he was trying to bring others into the game a lot rather than be the dominant forward type. He has shown that he is slowing a bit and didn't have a great year last year by his standards. Will reserve judgement for the real stuff.
Same with those talking about Jones pulling out of a highball. Last thing you want in a practice match is to cop a big hit in a meaningless game. I'd imagine if he was playing in a h&a match his approach to the contest would be different.

Happy to hear Cousins was in amongst it, really like what I've seen of him and hope he can elevate his game this year.

Did it what!
Dermie is my favourite Grand Final player: gave his heart & soul, and his body to win premierships.

He's a legend.

I remember seeing Dermie in the standing area at VFL park back in the day. He was out injured for that game and I would’ve been about 5 years old and to me he was pretty much god and as he caught me staring at him he gave me a wink in true Dermie fashion. The great man just seemed like he had this glowing aura around him. As Hawthorn fans we really have been spoilt with how many legendary players we’ve been blessed with. I love this club so much it’s borderline become a sickness 😂

Was Walsh really BOG? I heard he did a couple good things..
Walsh was the super dooper bestest player to ever player.....not sure who da Blooz played, but I know Walsh was putting on a clinic!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back