Game Day Intraclub- Roos v Roos Sat Feb 18th -Arden St

Remove this Banner Ad

Alright folks. Hope this quenches the thirst for those that missed it. They're accessible using the links below.

Quarter 1

Quarter 2

Quarter 3

Quarter 4

Thanks for that legend. All of a sudden my tv doesn’t play videos off the NMFC website but this worked fine on you tube.

Replay locked Perez for round 1 for me. Got a laugh when Xerri tackled Curtis and couldn’t bring him down draped over his shoulder. Curtis didn’t even look troubled carrying 100 odd kgs

A few notes from the ground.

- How good was the ball movement today! I thought Clarko had the boys much more spaced out and positioned in a way where there was almost always some good matchups ahead of the ball. A lot of really good ball movement chains as well. Even the yellow side that was up against it from a talent POV moved the ball pretty well in Clarko's system. It's simple footy, but it's so refreshing after the overcoached nonsense from last year. The emphasis of handballing to a teammate running past after the mark tells you what kind of footy Clarko wants us to play. It's a setup that moves the ball quick and moves it long, which was our style today.

- I think Zurhaar served his purpose in the middle. Pardon the pun, but seeing him in the centre was like seeing a bull let loose in a china shop and I thought a few times he impacted the middle positively. Having a dangerous player like Zurhaar rotate forward from the middle also gives the opposition something extra to think about as well. It's a good string to have in our bow.

- Ford and Bergman were two of the younger fringier types that impressed today. Drury is getting the talk as the shiny new toy, but I thought Bergs was right there with him. Ford is getting very close to getting games in my opinion. Stephenson let himself down today, so I'd have Ford firmly ahead of him for a spot up forward. I wrote similar in a different post, but a lot of our forwards are either changing position or having weak and/or interrupted preseasons. Ford has a great chance to take a spot and make it his own. Turner has that same opportunity after his impressive performance today.

- I think we might need to clone Sheezel. The back half work isn't as natural, but with his skills you'd love him running around, getting the cheap ball, and using it well. At the other end, he is as natural as it gets. You can see why he had those games in the NAB League with a billion score involvements. He knows where to run and is a natural with ball in hand. Great goal today too, he kicked those goals regularly last year so hopefully we get to see plenty more of it.

- A lot of positivity today. Like an unreal amount. The midfield looked deep and threatening with LDU, Simpkin, Greenwood, Powell, Cunnington, Phillips, Scott, and Howe. The Forwards were dangerous with Curtis, Zurhaar, Larkey, Comben, Sheezel, Ford, and Turner. The backs were sound with McKay, Logue, McDonald, Perez, Ziebell, Bonar, Bergman and Drury. It's going to be a long wait until Friday to see if we look this promising against a side that hasn't won only six games in two years.
Whilst no doubt Clarko has had great influence, don’t sleep on Rattens influence regarding our ball movement and spread. It’s his bread and butter as a coach.

second quarter summary;

better than the first quarter.

• Logue is a huge get
  • Greenwood just hacks it
  • Goldy not that interested and as a veteran fair enough
  • Comben will add a new dynamic to our fwd line
  • Free, Xerri & CCJ, Free looks the better of them all- crikey
  • Stevo could get left behind
  • Bonar- looks fit
  • Zurhaar- dropped a bit of weight, will be interesting
  • Curtis has the x factor

second quarter summary;

better than the first quarter.

• Logue is a huge get
  • Greenwood just hacks it
  • Goldy not that interested and as a veteran fair enough
  • Comben will add a new dynamic to our fwd line
  • Free, Xerri & CCJ, Free looks the better of them all- crikey
  • Stevo could get left behind
  • Bonar- looks fit
  • Zurhaar- dropped a bit of weight, will be interesting
  • Curtis has the x factor
Big call but Logue will be our best KPD this year.

Mate I barrack for north just can’t change the team (my daughter registered me when we lived on the Gold Coast). Just calling it as I see it looked scared last year and today was awful. Amazing things at training means nothing.
I’m with you mate, Spicer looks to be delisted by years end the way he is tracking (assuming last year contract). Needs to improve quickly, 1 disposal in an intraday club shows how far off it he truly is which is unfortunately. Fingers crossed he can turn it around.

Delistings after going to the Dance with your sister, as Denis would say.

Frank Costanza Seinfeld GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One thing I found remarkable is how quickly Flynn Perez transitions from contesting an incoming attack to finding space and being the outlet. I still don't understand how the cyclone/whirlpool works but I get the early impression that Perez is a major part of it.

One thing I found remarkable is how quickly Flynn Perez transitions from contesting an incoming attack to finding space and being the outlet. I still don't understand how the cyclone/whirlpool works but I get the early impression that Perez is a major part of it.
Thanks for that legend. All of a sudden my tv doesn’t play videos off the NMFC website but this worked fine on you tube.

Replay locked Perez for round 1 for me. Got a laugh when Xerri tackled Curtis and couldn’t bring him down draped over his shoulder. Curtis didn’t even look troubled carrying 100 odd kgs
He was sneaky good. Kept the ball moving out of the backline with run and positioning. Accurate with his kicks too. Not quite the x-factor that Hall or T-gangsta would provide off hb, but would make a good duo with one of those 2.

In a day where big men played well, conditions suited them, in a low pressure game, against not top line defenders, Edwards was disappointing. Just doesn't look like it. Only had 1 or 2 touches up the ground from what I saw. Free looked more impressive and he's been there for 5 minutes, although granted he's been playing senior footy for longer.

In a day where big men played well, conditions suited them, in a low pressure game, against not top line defenders, Edwards was disappointing. Just doesn't look like it. Only had 1 or 2 touches up the ground from what I saw. Free looked more impressive and he's been there for 5 minutes, although granted he's been playing senior footy for longer.
I think we're all waiting to see what the hype about Edwards was based on, but as for big Hamish, it's going to be tough ask to build a career at 24 when he (almost literally) can't kick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back