Introduce Yourself!

Remove this Banner Ad

No quite, let just say you're 'barking' up the wrong tree with the collingwood guess. Plus I rather like my teeth still ;)

I do like the Roar games and I'm rather excited for the World Cup this year.

I dunno about Brisbane I can't put my finger on it but there's something about the Lions that just puts me off.

But I do support them in the big bash to make up for it. Gotta follow a few of the local teams :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No quite, let just say you're 'barking' up the wrong tree with the collingwood guess. Plus I rather like my teeth still ;)

I do like the Roar games and I'm rather excited for the World Cup this year.

I dunno about Brisbane I can't put my finger on it but there's something about the Lions that just puts me off.

But I do support them in the big bash to make up for it. Gotta follow a few of the local teams :)

LOL. But a lot of ex magpie fans on here. So be careful. You might lose them teethe quicker then you think :p

And you are right, stuff the Lions. Let them have their moment when they beat us in Townsville this weekend. It will be the last time in a while they do so.

Haha no harm meant of course :)

I certainly hope your right about the lions, I don't know what sort of team they are sending but I know we have a few big names out. But imagine the implications of we did win with a younger team!

LOL. But a lot of ex magpie fans on here. So be careful. You might lose them teethe quicker then you think :p
Haha you'd need a hard outer shell to be a Collingwood supporter so I'm sure they can handle someone having a crack at missing teeth. Water off a duck's back SUNS :p

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't hate the Lions just more so apathetic towards them. What would you do if the Gold Coast started a team out of Metricon in the BBL and wore the red and gold?

Haha you'd need a hard outer shell to be a Collingwood supporter so I'm sure they can handle someone having a crack at missing teeth. Water off a duck's back SUNS :p

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't hate the Lions just more so apathetic towards them. What would you do if the Gold Coast started a team out of Metricon in the BBL and wore the red and gold?

That thought haunts me it honestly does. Heats been the only team I've got behind in the BBL but I'd honestly be be torn if the coast got a team and more so if they play out of Metricon, you can't help but love the stadium and it's atmosphere.
I think it would be a case of I honestly wouldn't know until a had to make a choice and how the new team sold themselves

That thought haunts me it honestly does. Heats been the only team I've got behind in the BBL but I'd honestly be be torn if the coast got a team and more so if they play out of Metricon, you can't help but love the stadium and it's atmosphere.
I think it would be a case of I honestly wouldn't know until a had to make a choice and how the new team sold themselves
The stadium was configured in a certain way to allow cricket to be played and the Suns have made it known they would like a BBL team based at Metricon along with the Gold Coast Mayor. They are pushing pretty hard for a Brisbane Heat game to be played at Metricon in the 2014-15 season which would likely lead to establishing a Gold Coast team.

Anyway, hopefully you enjoy your time on BF and don't be afraid to ask any questions regarding footy. I'm sure someone will help you if I don't.

Gold Coast Rollers

Wearing the inverted colours of the SUNS, yellow with red design.

Playing out of Metricon. First game against the Heat. Tomorrow.

Quick, gun to your head, who do you support?

Gold Coast Rollers

Wearing the inverted colours of the SUNS, yellow with red design.

Playing out of Metricon. First game against the Heat. Tomorrow.

Quick, gun to your head, who do you support?

Can I sit on the fence?
It would be very hard not to support the GC team....

Gold Coast Rollers
Ah yes, the mighty Gold Coast Rollers from Carrara. How about a tribute to the old basketball team that shared the same name and venue?

taYzhl2.jpg

Between our fearless moderator above, Big Red Machine and yourself there are now 3 females on the SUNS page that we can identify.
Welcome to Bigfooty. :thumbsu:
Geez SUNS. If your going to call me a girl to hide your own insecurities, You could at least do it with the incomparable timing of John C. McGinley -

Good to have you on the board Miss_SUNShine, Welcome to the train wreck. :thumbsu:

Two girls on here now? Damn, Looks like I might have to put some pants on.

Oh and Gold Coast Guards, Yellow and Red, Metricon Stadium. Hurry up with it so they can host the Sixers and lose every single time :p

Geez SUNS.

Two girls on here now? Damn, Looks like I might have to put some pants on.

Oh and Gold Coast Guards, Yellow and Red, Metricon Stadium. Hurry up with it so they can host the Sixers and lose every single time :p

Oh haha I didn't realise he was kidding! But when it comes to forums I guess pants are probably over rated :)

Nice Scrubs reference to by the way :D but you can keep your Sydney Sixes

Oh haha I didn't realise he was kidding! But when it comes to forums I guess pants are probably over rated :)

Nice Scrubs reference to by the way :D but you can keep your Sydney Sixes

I assure you, I am no more a female than SUNS is a standup comedian.

Pants and this kind of weather are a recipe for disaster, Makes me miss hoodies and temps in the low teens.

It's about time someone on this board got my references :D

You mean the same Sixers team responsible for this? -

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I assure you, I am no more a female than SUNS is a standup comedian.

Pants and this kind of weather are a recipe for disaster.

It's about time someone on this board got my references :thumbsu:

You mean the same Sixers team responsible for this? -

At least I have performed stand up before (twice)

Does this mean you have cross dressed on two occasions?

Haha I never said they weren't good just said you could keep them :p

And now I'm getting the feeling I've opened a dangerous can of worms here lol
I'm not to much of a dress person but hey if that's your thing :p explains the lack of pants ;)

Just seeing all the cricket posts I'd figured I'd just rub in the match at the Gabba just a little bit more ;)

I should have warned the newbies SUNS and I (occasionally Lord Flasheart and TJB) have an uncanny nack of derailing threads.

That said, I have never worn women's clothes. Fact.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Best say hello. Latest International fan here, having watched the suns from afar since the integral season. Finally made it to metricon during my family holiday this year for the Nab challenge match against Essendon (best part of my holiday by a mile).

Haven't missed a game live since 2012, even if that has meant getting up at 3.30am for the early afternoon matches. Committed or stupid - you decide.

Welcome to the board ScottishNinja! We are a small community (for now) but pretty loyal and fun. You will like it

How di you come to support the sport, let alone the SUNS? Doing some recruiting over there?

I was introduced by a family friend when over in Honeymoon back in 2010 - caught some games (utterly clueless to begin with) and was addicted to the sport. Managed to catch a few more games once back home in Scotland and thought "you know what, this isnt half bad!". Still teamless I read about the expansion into the Gold Coast for the 2011 season and thought "Well whats the worst that could happen...". I've got family (Dad) who lives on the Gold Coast as well so at least I feel like I'm supporting a "local" team at least.

Hi guys! Name's Josh, I'm 20 and I've been a Suns fan since 2011 and a Big Footy lurker since last year.

I'm mostly an NRL guy and a massive Manly fan(was at the gf last year)
I used to catch the occasional AFL game back in the day and followed the Saints loosely for a while. But never really cared much for AFL footy and never really had a team I could call "mine" (I've never even been to St Kilda)

I actually started barracking for the Suns after "that game" against Essendon back in 2011 because their constant 100 point demolishings back then caught my attention and I found them pretty entertaining. Eventually the only thing I liked more than watching the Suns get destroyed was seeing them win.

Now I'm pretty much obsessed with the AFL and will generally watch it over NRL.

Hi guys! Name's Josh, I'm 20 and I've been a Suns fan since 2011 and a Big Footy lurker since last year.

I'm mostly an NRL guy and a massive Manly fan(was at the gf last year)
I used to catch the occasional AFL game back in the day and followed the Saints loosely for a while. But never really cared much for AFL footy and never really had a team I could call "mine" (I've never even been to St Kilda)

I actually started barracking for the Suns after "that game" against Essendon back in 2011 because their constant 100 point demolishings back then caught my attention and I found them pretty entertaining. Eventually the only thing I liked more than watching the Suns get destroyed was seeing them win.

Now I'm pretty much obsessed with the AFL and will generally watch it over NRL.
Very interesting. Welcome Sunfire! Are you GC based?

Also, when is Cherry-Evans going to wise up and come home to Queensland? :p

Last edited:
Very interesting. Welcome Sunfire! Are you GC based?

Also, when is Cherry-Evans going to wise up and come home to Queensland? :p

Nah mate, I live up in Maryborough on the Fraser Coast. Hopefully I can make it down for my first live game at Metricon sometime this year though. :thumbsu:

Um, hopefully never. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back