Introduce Yourself!

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah mate, I live up in Maryborough on the Fraser Coast. Hopefully I can make it down for my first live game at Metricon sometime this year though. :thumbsu:

Um, hopefully never. :p
Ahh I see. Have you ever been to an AFL game before? It's definitely better live because you get a greater appreciation for how hard they work off the ball. I definitely recommend getting out to Metricon if you get the chance. It's a great atmosphere at the Suns home games.

I could be wrong here, but doesn't Cherry-Evans already play for the Suns? :p
KabM8KA.png

Ahh I see. Have you ever been to an AFL game before? It's definitely better live because you get a greater appreciation for how hard they work off the ball. I definitely recommend getting out to Metricon if you get the chance. It's a great atmosphere at the Suns home games.

I could be wrong here, but doesn't Cherry-Evans already play for the Suns? :p

No, I haven't seen a game live before. Getting to Brisbane is usually enough of a pain in the arse, so I don't know how I'll pull off a trip to the Gold Coast but hopefully I can organise something.

Hahaha who is that? Does look a bit like him!

Hi all,
Just thought I'd say hi, introduce myself etc.
I'm Nathan, Suns fan from South Australia, signed up to this forum many many. years ago, but never used it.
Still not sure how I ended up a Sun, but am a very proud member here, Hoping to get to metricon for a game this year, have 2 Melbourne trips to see the suns already planned, plus the game in Adelaide. anywho ... Hi

Hey Nathan

Welcome to the board. I don't think we have any resident South Aussies on here, so good to have you!

How does the general public treat you. It must be like you have a disease when you tell them you go for the SUNS haha.

Hope to see you up here some time in 2014!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello fellow Suns supporters!!!

I'm a dedicated American AFL fan who is rather new to footy, getting my first taste in watching the 2011 Grand Final on ESPN and some of the 2012 finals then starting to support the Suns about halfway through last season. Watching games at 2 AM has really messed with my sleep cycle, but I'd say I've managed pretty well haha.

Looking forward mostly to hearing insight from all of you, since nothing about the sport is covered over here unfortunately.

Hello fellow Suns supporters!!!

I'm a dedicated American AFL fan who is rather new to footy, getting my first taste in watching the 2011 Grand Final on ESPN and some of the 2012 finals then starting to support the Suns about halfway through last season. Watching games at 2 AM has really messed with my sleep cycle, but I'd say I've managed pretty well haha.

Looking forward mostly to hearing insight from all of you, since nothing about the sport is covered over here unfortunately.

Welcome, fellow American!

I hate every team you support except for this one, haha

Welcome, fellow American!

I hate every team you support except for this one, haha

Yeah, the majority of our fans make fans like me look bad, but hey you can't fault our loyalty at least lol.

And cool to see someone else is pulling through the time cycle struggle, luckily I already have my experience watching rugby 7s tournaments that run from 1-8 AM usually.

Any other 'Muricans here?

Yeah, the majority of our fans make fans like me look bad, but hey you can't fault our loyalty at least lol.

And cool to see someone else is pulling through the time cycle struggle, luckily I already have my experience watching rugby 7s tournaments that run from 1-8 AM usually.

Any other 'Muricans here?

There's a Bostoninan on here as well. I'm originally from New York, so that should explain some of my vitriol towards Philly teams. All we need is a DCite and we have the Northeast Corridor represented. We'll forget that Baltimore exists.

Hey all,
Some of you may have seen me around before as i signed up a while ago, but haven't had the time to log on much recently.
Anyway, my name's Matt, I live in Brisbane, and am currently at Uni. (UQ for those interested)
Jumped on the Suns back in the inaugural year, after being brought up in a Bears/Lions household, and i think it is safe to say i made the right choice.:D

Anyhow... looking forward to getting to know you all:)
Im guessing SWATVAC procrastination has brought you back to bigfooty:p? If so, Im in the same boat :(

G'day guys,

I'm Sam - Suns supporter from Ipswich, QLD.

Thought I'd finally start posting after lurking for quite a while...

I was previously, and loosely, an Essendon supporter until the end of the 2012 season when I moved to the UK and couldn't watch the sport anymore. When I returned to sunny Queensland at the start of this year, I followed the Suns very closely, and pretty much realised after a few rounds that I was caring more for the Suns games than I was the Bombers games. From then on, I consider myself to be an official convert (despite the criticism and jabs from my AFL mates...)

Gold Coast is closer to where I live than Melbourne is, which means more home games and more FTA coverage, and the fact that I LOVE the Gold Coast as a city has really sparked my interest in the club.

I'm a complete Suns noob, but I'm pretty familiar with most of the players (hell, Clay Cameron is a friend of a mate of mine).

You'll be seeing me around a bit from here on in!

Go Suns!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back