Introduce Yourself!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi Fellow Suns supporters
Long time reader and finally decided to sign up. Live on the Gold Coast and have been a member since 2017.
Played a bit when I was in my teens in Canberra 40ish years ago. Followed Carlton because my Dad was born there but saw the light and here I am.
Really looking forward to a great year and watching the team flourish.
Go Suns
Welcome mate, if you need anything let us know

Great to have you aboard

Good Morning.

Got tired of the Melbourne AFL 'scene' where everyone hates other teams more than enjoys the football, and it was really starting to eat into my enjoyment of the game, so after some thought, I decided the solution was to try and make the switch to a team outside the bubble.

I know I wont be able to just switch clubs like switching a shirt, but joining in the chat with 'new' club fans is a step in the process.

I'll try and avoid talking about the old club to make backsliding less frequent :)

BTW. The username is a combination of a temp/filler that I'll try and change in time, and I also thought it was amusing. (yes, I have a dubious sense of humour)

Good Morning.

Got tired of the Melbourne AFL 'scene' where everyone hates other teams more than enjoys the football, and it was really starting to eat into my enjoyment of the game, so after some thought, I decided the solution was to try and make the switch to a team outside the bubble.

I know I wont be able to just switch clubs like switching a shirt, but joining in the chat with 'new' club fans is a step in the process.

I'll try and avoid talking about the old club to make backsliding less frequent :)

BTW. The username is a combination of a temp/filler that I'll try and change in time, and I also thought it was amusing. (yes, I have a dubious sense of humour)
Welcome mate.
You'll get no backlash here, we will welcome everyone as we continue our climb 😊 good to have you on board

Welcome mate.
You'll get no backlash here, we will welcome everyone as we continue our climb 😊 good to have you on board

Thank you.

I'm looking forward to the weeks ahead. If we (can I use 'we' yet?) can win 2 of the next 3, and I think we're a decent chance to do so, we should make finals which will be a big step forward for the club.

Exciting times.

Good day Suns supporters.

I'm an American footy fan and podcaster (A Yank on the Footy). I have been following the game since 2016, and footy has become my sole sports focus.

I've had a small thread in the podcast section of Big Footy for a few years. While we are mired in the offseason, I am working to set up some discussions with supporters that want to discuss their most memorable game. If you're interested, please consider reaching out to me at ayankonthefooty@gmail.com. My first episode of this series (recalling a game from 1973) is out now.

Cheers,
Craig Wessels
Host of "A Yank on the Footy" Podcast
Sandusky, Ohio

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back