FTA-TV Invasion (Apple Tv)

Remove this Banner Ad

I watched the first three episodes. The characters are cartoon cut outs - the school bully, the strong females, the pathetic husband. It shifts between nothing happening for long periods then moments of melodrama. There's been about 10 minutes worth watching in each episode so the FF button has been getting a workout. The only interesting story so far was with Sam Neill's character but he only appears in the credits for episode 1 so I assume he's gone without a proper explanation. The English kids seem to figure in the credits for the rest of the series so I'll be skipping Lord of the Flies with added Aliens.
Um yeah, if you start fast forwarding for anything substantial other than drawn out exposition in the first few eps you know it’s a dud.

I'll still watch it to the end, I suppose. Despite the pedestrian pace of the plot, it's well made, and at $20million an episode, it should be. I wonder if they'll ever get around to going back to the Sam Neil story arc or if what happened in the first episode was it.

I think it was 1 and done

Interested in the Soldiers storyline (probably because at least some action happening), to a lesser extent the Dr as long as she has ditched the husband and kids (doubtful), but other than that, not really invested (although the Japanese storyline might get more interesting I hope) in much else. Needs to really pick up.

Some of the scenes where they walk into a shop or empty camp just too long. Yes trying to build tension but it looks more like time filler. Been hitting the 15sec ff a fair bit. Still has my interest somewhat but just get a feeling it’s going to be a letdown similar to War of the Worlds recent series

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ep 9 was weird.
There must be another ep left as the soldier/epileptic kid story arc and the mom and kids arc aren't resolved yet. The way it ended I thought it was the finale for a bit. How the aliens chose that David Bowie song was just ludicrous. They show the Japanese astronaut going back into the shuttle from space then later say it's not her because there's no breathing in her audio. WTF? Then why show the opening sequence? It made no sense whatsoever. How was that husband getting himself killed any help? It seemed to me he could've just kept running with his family and he would've lived. Pointless moment in the plot.

Last edited:
Ep 9 was weird.
There must be another ep left as the soldier/epileptic kid story arc and the mom and kids arc aren't resolved yet. The way it ended I thought it was the finale for a bit. How the aliens chose that David Bowie song was just ludicrous. They show the Japanese astronaut going back into the shuttle from space then later say it's not her because there's no breathing in her audio. WTF? Then why show the opening sequence? It made no sense whatsoever. How was that husband getting himself killed any help? It seemed to me he could've just kept running with his family and he would've lived. Pointless moment in the plot.

Also, swimming in space :drunk:

I finally watched it today, and yes there is one more episode to come.

I agree with issues raised. Swimming in space is up there with Leia Poppins. I don’t get the resolution of if she was still alive or not. They aren’t really explaining the communication through epilepsy clearly either

At least the Aliens look different/cool, and the US soldier ran out of bullets 👍

what was the make-up of the Humvee group?

so many questions

Last edited:
I finally watched it today, and yes there is one more episode to come.

I agree with issues raised. Swimming in space is up there with Leia Poppins. I don’t get the resolution of if she was still alive or not. They aren’t really explaining the communication through epilepsy clearly.

At least the Aliens look different/cool, and the US soldier ran out of bullets 👍

what was the make-up of the Humber group?

so many questions
Yeh, I dont know about this still. Better be a pay off in next and I assume last episode. Season 2 signed up? David Bowie BOG so far.

Who would want one? Although, that shot at the end was probably the best thing out of the entire season. Very underwhelming show.

yeah I wasn’t saying I wanted one, more that I was speechless, and that is all I took from the finale. I wasn’t aware it had been green lit for a season 2…

how is it possible the American soldier was able to cross continents while the mum and kids were still in the forest, and the girl still in the hospital? :drunk:

I dont really know what to make of that. Felt like the final shot could have been revealed in about episode 4. Found myself hitting the 30 second FF a few times, in particular in the Mum and Kids scenes, just boring. I will probably have forgotten this show existed in a month or so, very little expectation for a second season.

I dont really know what to make of that. Felt like the final shot could have been revealed in about episode 4. Found myself hitting the 30 second FF a few times, in particular in the Mum and Kids scenes, just boring. I will probably have forgotten this show existed in a month or so, very little expectation for a second season.
Don’t think I’ve hit FF more and missed nothing than this show. The most padded show ever! That whole series could’ve been a 90 min telemovie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back