Invasion Day activities on the 26th of Jan- Post yours here

Remove this Banner Ad

This used to be a day where I could get drunk and be in the pool all day whilst hanging s**t on the youf of the country for their s**t taste in music. Now I have to wait a whole extra day to do this.

* you JJJ :mad:
I wouldn't know, I've never been invited over... :(

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Sad Happy Hour GIF

I wouldn't know, I've never been invited over... :(

Sad Cry GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

Sad Happy Hour GIF

When Carlton play in this year's Grand Final, if you can't fly down for the game, you should host a GF BBQ for zackah and his clan and cheer on the Baggers in our quest for #18 ! :)

I was invited to a couple of decent parties by work colleagues and mates but politely declined (told them I had other plans)

I cannot in good conscious celebrate/party on a day that's still a constant date and reminder of deep hurt and anguish for so many Indigenous Australians.

I am not protesting this year/today, just at home having a few beers and watching the NBA.

I do get sick to **** of * wits (esp on facebook) saying the past is the past and Aboriginal people should move on and forget about what happened..

It's a heartless and selfish attitude to take.
No one is asking for Australia Day to be cancelled or stop waving flags, just change it to a date that ALL AUSTRALIANS can enjoy with no historical trauma associated with it.
Fair enough mate, we all approach these things differently. I'm just at home myself. Bit windy outside so currently re-watching Stargate SG-1 lol.

Fair enough mate, we all approach these things differently. I'm just at home myself. Bit windy outside so currently re-watching Stargate SG-1 lol.

Your taste in sci-fi is much better than your taste in fruit (avocado is disgusting) :$

1qxo5e.gif

My father died on my cousins birthday. My cousin now wants to throw a party on his birthday. Do I protest and cut off my cousin?
There's 365 days in a year. Should you chose genocide day as your Australia Day to be a campaigner, or pick one of the other 364 days?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back