Investigation into Essendon Fitness Program

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resetting again from Part 3 found here: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threa...s-program-part3.989143/page-467#post-27393273

If you see a post you think breaks BigFooty's rules then please report it.

Do not insults other posters.

Do not complain about the mods who are doing as much as we can to keep up.
We can't read every single post. Please PM us with your concerns.

Keep it civil people and on topic.

Thanks in advance.

With the inevitable revelations of peptide Ad-9604...

How many posters on here that have suggested Essendon underwent a peptide program that they thought was legal, but in fact was illegal? This being the borderline nature of the program?

How many have suggested this, but have been ridiculed, accused and labelled as conspiracy theorists?

It was always the most obvious scenario. As soon as multiple stomach jabs came into it, and this was as far back as last year, then this scenario became the most likely.

To the Essendon posters that continually attack neutrals on here, I ask you, when is enough enough? At what point will you start to direct frustration at 'the dream team', at your clubs arrogant nature for even daring to go down this road?

There are many people in the wrong here, opposition posters are the least of your worries.

To the Essendon posters that continually attack neutrals on here, I ask you, when is enough enough? At what point will you start to direct frustration at 'the dream team', at your clubs arrogant nature for even daring to go down this road?

I would say probably if and when there's proof rather than speculation. I understand that might be a bit out there, but there you go.

Read my earlier posts, especially the one quoting Age article on Evans/Hird meeting with company developing AOD9604

I reckon they are well informed on the legalities of the drug...... If it is the drug.... which the 730 report stated as fact then they surely should both go.

Ok, a direct question to Essendon supporters.

If your club is guilty of injecting up to 30+ players of peptide AD-9604' what are your feelings?

Are you proud your club chose to go down the cutting edge road of the peptide?

Are you ashamed that they would consider such measures?

What do you think should happen to Hird, IF WHAT IS ALLEGED TOOK PLACE?

Has Hirds standings dropped in your eyes?

We'll be stoked. We'd jump for joy. We'd erect a 500m high gold statue of all players & coaches involved around the new facilities.

I mean seriously, what do you ******* think?

I reckon they are well informed on the legalities of the drug...... If it is the drug.... which the 730 report stated as fact then they surely should both go.

Big doubt on that 7.30 Report though. It does not gell with Hird and Evans meeting with AOD 9604 rep.

Ok, a direct question to Essendon supporters.

If your club is guilty of injecting up to 30+ players of peptide AD-9604' what are your feelings?

Are you proud your club chose to go down the cutting edge road of the peptide?

Are you ashamed that they would consider such measures?

What do you think should happen to Hird, IF WHAT IS ALLEGED TOOK PLACE?

Has Hirds standings dropped in your eyes?

Very good question, and one I would like to see answered by one of the more reasoned essendon posters.

We'll be stoked. We'd jump for joy. We'd erect a 500m high gold statue of all players & coaches involved around the new facilities.

I mean seriously, what do you ******* think?

You could simply answer the questions. How would you feel about Hird, look within, cast yourself into the future and reveal your deepest thoughts to us all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big doubt on that 7.30 Report though. It does not gell with Hird and Evans meeting with AOD 9604 rep.

What doubt has been raised on the 7:30 report? Its stated .....
And the peptide Dank used at Essendon in 2012, AOD-9604, is still not specifically listed by ASADA as prohibited.

Isnt that clear enough for you?

... and it just so happens that its the drug that both Evans and Hird where explained about in a investment seminar...... and you dont see a link?

Peptide AOD9604 (Anti Obesity Drug)

AOD is a peptide 15 amino acids long which mimics a small portion of the growth hormone that has the fat reducing effects (increases fat metabolism). It works by mimicking the way natural growth hormone regulates fat metabolism but without the adverse effects on blood sugar and growth that is seen if unmodified growth hormone is given.

But this part is worrying, not for Essendon, but for future regulation...

AOD is given daily either as an injection or transdermal cream. The effects are accumulative and continue to improve while taking it.

I can see another successful A.Demitriou policy in that he bans all injectables and IV's. Then the next club just starts applying peptide X by surface cream and goes under the radar...until they get caught and claim 'grey area' ignorance.

What doubt has been raised on the 7:30 report? Its stated .....

Isnt that clear enough for you?

... and it just so happens that its the drug that both Evans and Hird where explained about in a investment seminar...... and you dont see a link?

I'll simplify this for you.

-Evans and hird meet company trying to win funding and reg approval for AOD9064.
-It's made clear in meeting that this is not ready for human use, it's in trials.

From that Age article .....

Kenley said he knows Dank but maintained the meeting with Evans and Hird, which was held months before the sports scientist was marched from Windy Hill, was not about treating the club's players but purely concerned his company's quest for an investment partner.

He said the presentation was aimed at enticing financial backing from the Essendon president's broking firm, Evans and Partners, in the pharmacological company's bid to have its peptide granted regulatory approval

- How does 7.30 Report know about E'don using AOD9604. Not specifically mentioned in ACC report and ASADA should not be releasing that info until interview with players.

- so has 7.30 Report incorrectly connected because of meeting and actually has no facts E'don used it.

The deduction from is was Evans and Hird really that stupid to then use a substance that was clearly not yet for human use and the actual Company director Kenley even said it was never to discuss using this on E'don players.

2 years if it looks like how it's panning out. If the players signed a form acknowledging the use of a peptide that was in fact banned, how can they claim anything but 100% guilt through negligence. In which case 2 years is the only fitting suspension.

#Hirdknew becomes #Theyallknew

The Waiver in my opinion is the key to the investigation. and when it was signed.

A former Essendon official has confirmed to Fairfax Media earlier this week that players had been asked to sign waiver forms pertaining to treatment they received

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bombers-to-be-investigated-over-supplements-20130205-2dvya.html#ixzz2NTLFX75Q

2 years if it looks like how it's panning out. If the players signed a form acknowledging the use of a peptide that was in fact banned, how can they claim anything but 100% guilt through negligence. In which case 2 years is the only fitting suspension.

#Hirdknew becomes #Theyallknew

No player in their right mind would sign a consent form agreeing to the use of a banned substance. And did the players sign the form, or the Club? I think there is still some confusion of this point. If the players asked for a form, the Club would have signed it saying "this is what you are being given". If the Club asked the players to sign it, you would hope the players clarified first what they were taking. Still and all, the minute subq injections were being given - and off site at that, I'd be wanting absolute assurances as to what was being injected.

The Waiver in my opinion is the key to the investigation. and when it was signed.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/bombers-to-be-investigated-over-supplements-20130205-2dvya.html#ixzz2NTLFX75Q

You missed the whole paragraph:

A former Essendon official has confirmed to Fairfax Media in recent days that players were asked to sign waiver forms pertaining to treatment they received. Fairfax Media has known for at least a month some players had concerns about the forms.

No player in their right mind would sign a consent form agreeing to the use of a banned substance. And did the players sign the form, or the Club? I think there is still some confusion of this point. If the players asked for a form, the Club would have signed it saying "this is what you are being given". If the Club asked the players to sign it, you would hope the players clarified first what they were taking. Still and all, the minute subq injections were being given - and off site at that, I'd be wanting absolute assurances as to what was being injected.

What if the guy peddling the peptide, who stood to make tens of thousands of dollars from sales, failed to tell you that you can still be prosecuted for using a peptide that is not specifically on the Asada banned substances list.

I'm sure the players thought they were in the clear, if you had the prestigious Hird standing in front of you telling you everything will be alright but just keep it quiet and don't talk about it to anyone, I'm sure you would look back into those beautiful eyes and knod and sign unknowingly too.

When the media says, the players might not have known what they were injected with, I'm of the belief they really mean to say, the players might not have known that what they were injected with was 'a banned substance under sub clauses'.

Still, no excuses when you agree to up to 40 jabs in the guts and fail to do the utmost due diligence.

I'll simplify this for you.

-Evans and hird meet company trying to win funding and reg approval for AOD9064.
-It's made clear in meeting that this is not ready for human use, it's in trials.

From that Age article .....

- How does 7.30 Report know about E'don using AOD9604. Not specifically mentioned in ACC report and ASADA should not be releasing that info until interview with players.

- so has 7.30 Report incorrectly connected because of meeting and actually has no facts E'don used it.

The deduction from is was Evans and Hird really that stupid to then use a substance that was clearly not yet for human use and the actual Company director Kenley even said it was never to discuss using this on E'don players.

No the 730 never linked the meetings Hird and Evans had with the Drug... I did.

The 730 stated as FACT that the drug that Dank supplied Essendon was this same drug.

I am linking both points together.
1. Hird knew about the drug Fact.... and it would be fair to assume he would know that it wasnt approved by WADA

2, The Essendon Foot ball club was supplied AOD9604 Fact.

In a male the mechanism for converting excessive testosterone to estrogen is undertaken by fat cells, hence if you reduce fat stores more of the testosterone stays in the blood. To that end an anti obesity drug would act as an estrogen blocker.

That does make some sense but wouldn't it make more sense to use an actual estrogen blocker that works directly -what do they call it, an antagonist?. I could easily be mistaken, but aren't there some 'natural' estrogen blockers that would pass current WADA code?

Nice opening post, BTW. :thumbsu:

What if the guy peddling the peptide, who stood to make tens of thousands of dollars from sales, failed to tell you that you can still be prosecuted for using a peptide that is not specifically on the Asada banned substances list.

I'm sure the players thought they were in the clear, if you had the prestigious Hird standing in front of you telling you everything will be alright but just keep it quiet and don't talk about it to anyone, I'm sure you would look back into those beautiful eyes and knod and sign unknowingly too.

When the media says, the players might not have known what they were injected with, I'm of the belief they really mean to say, the players might not have known that what they were injected with was 'a banned substance under sub clauses'.

Still, no excuses when you agree to up to 40 jabs in the guts and fail to do the utmost due diligence.

Exactly....

Ignorance is noit a defence. The players must be Suspended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back