Investing 101 with Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Just on this though, I think he's a charismatic enough guy and he writes in a clear, engaging manner.

His advice is sound if not a little obvious as you say. But it's not a bad thing that he's improving the general population's ability to protect their welfare and avoid being taken in by scams and unscrupulous types.

It's a tricky one. Some people must be exposed to such poor practices growing up that someone espousing the type of stuff you mentioned must come across as having a Warren Buffett level of analysis.

I've read the occasional weekend newspaper article of his, never read any of his books.

But if I had a dollar for ever unlikely fan I know who has endorsed Scott Pape's "fire extinguisher" concept*..

*Spolier: keep some spare money aside

Yeah, and the "buckets" approach - as in work out what percentage of your income needs to go to various costs.

The issue is that our current gangster capitalist set up has replaced wage growth with access to cheap credit.

That fell over and died in October 2008, but they got the zombie up and running again with huge injections of made up money.

One good thing about the rebalancing that the climate emergency is bringing is that we will start living within our means again.

Just on this though, I think he's a charismatic enough guy and he writes in a clear, engaging manner.

His advice is sound if not a little obvious as you say. But it's not a bad thing that he's improving the general population's ability to protect their welfare and avoid being taken in by scams and unscrupulous types.

Yep, when I had dealings with his people, he wanted clear accurate examples of electricity bills and how they are broken up and what the actual costs are and what the various bullshit discounts are, so he could use them in dealing with high school kids.

That's the ,kind of common sense stuff people should be taught at school.

Yep, when I had dealings with his people, he wanted clear accurate examples of electricity bills and how they are broken up and what the actual costs are and what the various bullshit discounts are, so he could use them in dealing with high school kids.

That's the ,kind of common sense stuff people should be taught at school.

Hang on, didn't privitisation of retail utilities increase competition and make everything supercheap for everyday people?

Hang on, didn't privitisation of retail utilities increase competition and make everything supercheap for everyday people?

Well, how long have you got?

Renewables are bringing wholesale prices down right now though.

Who would’ve thought that spending money you don’t have on things you don’t need would cause great financial stress.

Earth shattering.
But the ads told me I do need them, and that's on TV so it must be true!
It depends on your definition of need really. For the majority it seems like if someone else has it and you don't then you need it.

I just want to take this opportunity to lay the entire cost of the Kilmore east-murrundindi fire complex from black Saturday a decade or so ago on the back of victorian electricity privatisation.

Now that I'm done, carry on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back