Mobile (iOS/Android) Pokemon Go

Which team are you on?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is the Gastly exploit? Never heard of or encountered it myself

It's just the latest version of bubblestrat.

Essentially, you get a low CP mon, with a slow moveset and low defense, in Quivs example, a 47cp Ghastly.

You then proceed to whack said Ghastly with a 23cp mon that does extra damage- ie, a Diglett with Mudslap- which gets them both STAB bonus and the type bonus against Ghastly.

Net effect is, you add 1000 prestige to the gym every time you kill Ghastly, and you're killing Ghastly before he gets even a chance to swing at you.

Most of the time is spent setting up your damn team if you're doing it legit, but if you've got a bot, it's super fast.

It's just the latest version of bubblestrat.

Essentially, you get a low CP mon, with a slow moveset and low defense, in Quivs example, a 47cp Ghastly.

You then proceed to whack said Ghastly with a 23cp mon that does extra damage- ie, a Diglett with Mudslap- which gets them both STAB bonus and the type bonus against Ghastly.

Net effect is, you add 1000 prestige to the gym every time you kill Ghastly, and you're killing Ghastly before he gets even a chance to swing at you.

Most of the time is spent setting up your damn team if you're doing it legit, but if you've got a bot, it's super fast.

Such an easy workaround - capping the amount of experience gained or not making it percentage based but rather flat CP difference, for example - but hey this is Niantic.

I heard the gym re-work will include resetting all the gyms too, so, in other words, kicking everyone out.

I will be pretty annoyed if that happens, as I've gone to some crazy places to get rural and isolated gyms, and genuine time and effort has gone into getting them. Just last Friday night I was marching through a national park, in the dark, and in the rain to get on a gym.

Sorry about that, but it's a required move. I'm prepared to sacrifice the couple of Pokemon I legitimately worked hard to put in hard to displace gyms, if it means the end of these stupid exploits.

Sorry about that, but it's a required move. I'm prepared to sacrifice the couple of Pokemon I legitimately worked hard to put in hard to displace gyms, if it means the end of these stupid exploits.
Combating the prestige exploits will fix nothing, until spoofing has been fixed.

Combating the prestige exploits will fix nothing, until spoofing has been fixed.

Even if you spoofed to a no team gym in the middle of nowhere, you'd still have to spend items and significant time to build it up to Level 10.

The Gastly exploit is the pressing one because it means you can get up to Level 10 in almost no time with no damage to Pokemon.

Even if you spoofed to a no team gym in the middle of nowhere, you'd still have to spend items and significant time to build it up to Level 10.

The Gastly exploit is the pressing one because it means you can get up to Level 10 in almost no time with no damage to Pokemon.
I agree that the Gastly exploit is an issue, but I think spoofing is a bigger issue. Spending time and items on gyms is no problem whatsoever to a spoofer. If they run out of items, there's plenty of pokestop-rich areas they can just teleport to. Nothing is more frustrating than building up a gym, and then suddenly it's losing prestige with absolutely no one around. Another team quickly building a gym (Gastly) doesn't bother me as much.

You don't need to sacrifice the hard work that 99% of players have put into gyms to remove the guys that are cheating.

Only reason they will need to do that, is if they are going to change gyms in a way that the current system can't really translate into directly.

I just stood at a gym, completely alone, for 15 minutes battling it from 8 up to 9 so that I could get a mon on it. End of the third battle I did it, instantly back to map and click on gym, the spot's gone already to an invisible man called JudeJustice.

******* spoofers.

Saw a Hitmonlee for the first time ever yesterday, city side of the foot bridge heading into the game. cp770, razberry, ultra ball, curve ball, great throw, first ball, and it busted out and ran. So ******* angry.
I saw that Hitmonlee too... Caught it first pokeball. :$

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not yet. I checked pogosa & didn't notice anything gym wise. Stops are a bit harder to tell
I checked the map too, and didn't notice any. But I'm not sure how accurate that is, as they would likely need to do a full new scan of the map for them to show up. One person on Facebook said that a new stop had appeared at Mt Compass and didn't appear on the map.

Another XP and Lapras event incoming.

Trainers,

With summer quickly approaching in the Northern Hemisphere and winter approaching in the Southern Hemisphere, we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate the upcoming solstices than with a Fire-type and Ice-type Pokémon GO event.

From 1:00 P.M. PDT on June 13 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on June 20, 2017, Trainers around the world will discover more Charmander, Cyndaquil, Growlithe, Houndour, Ponyta, Swinub, Vulpix, and their Evolutions. You’ll also want to keep an eye out for Sneasel, Magmar, Cloyster, and other Fire types and Ice types!

It’s time to perfect your Poké Ball throws, Trainers! Throughout the event, you’ll receive huge XP bonuses for successfully catching Pokémon with Nice, Great, and Excellent Throws, as well as Curveballs and First Throws. Additionally, as you walk around your neighborhoods or discover new sights, you’ll earn even more XP for hatching Eggs. To help you take advantage of these awesome XP bonuses, Lucky Eggs will be 50% off in the in-game shop.

Get ready to explore the world around you—there are even more exciting updates coming your way soon!

—The Pokémon GO team

Cyndaquil the only one I need more of from that event. Really starting to lose interest in this game unfortunately.

Yeah I have barely turned it on the last two weeks. Where are the damn legendaries? Where are the other gen 1 and 2 pokemon that haven't been released yet? And most of all, where the * is this gym re work patch?

More Cyndaquils would definitely be nice if the rumours are true.

Yeah I have barely turned it on the last two weeks. Where are the damn legendaries? Where are the other gen 1 and 2 pokemon that haven't been released yet? And most of all, where the **** is this gym re work patch?

Legendaries will be events, I can guarantee it. Similar to how they did legendaries for the main line games. Also needing this gym rework badly, sort of getting sick of the usual Level 10 GPS spoofer Gastly tricks.

Reports of new pokestops and gyms popping up. :)

None in my area. Although one gym has been removed - it was a church at a private school. Not that I had a chance anyway, solid Level 10 with high level Pokes for months.

Would be nice to have a few extra Pokestops and gyms but none in the northern suburbs of Perth that I've noticed.

Legendaries will be events, I can guarantee it.
Ive got no doubt about that. But this game has been out a year almost now. Not even any confirmation of an event for the birds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back