Mobile (iOS/Android) Pokemon Go

Which team are you on?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I don’t play this so I’m very much out of the loop and I tried searching the thread first and I can’t find any other mention but I’m hoping someone might be able to help me out.

I just finished watching episode one of Breaking Mysterious called The Watchers on History Channel. It was about how everybody (in the US but presumably everybody else too) with a smart phone could be an unwitting CIA spy. Probably the first half of the episode concentrated on Pokemon Go and how every bit of its development and continual upkeep allegedly ties back to the CIA. I’m not a tin foil hat sort of person, just love a good espionage or conspiracy story.

It was hard to track down more info to explain what I’m rambling about but I found this. Anyone who has followed it more closely I would love some links for further reading or whacky paranoid YouTube videos or whatever.

https://www.networkworld.com/article/3099092/mobile-wireless/the-cia-nsa-and-pokmon-go.html

How's everyone's Kyogre raids going?

I did 17 Legendary raids on Saturday (a mixture of Groudon and Kyogre) and caught about 8 of them in total. No decent ones unfortunately. But my partner, who is a very casual player, caught a weather boosted, CP2850~ 96IV Kyogre... I'm pretty jealous.

I caught 1 from 4 attempts (X12 balls each time too.)

Too hard IMO, I got lucky to hit mine with the second last ball I had. It was 96% IV too, not weather boosted, but I really hated trying to catch Kyogre.

Certainly is. First few I missed majority of my balls.

I think the trick is patience. Wait for it to move, then throw a ball. Otherwise it just moves around too much to randomly throw a ball.

If it isn't moving it's blocking the balls. So frustrating.

I had one do 4 attacks in succession that nearly made me throw my phone.

Never seen a legendary do that many attacks in a row before and it nearly broke me.

Anyone doing anything for community day tomorrow? Three hours of double XP, three hour lures, and increased Pikachu spawns which will have surf as one of its attacks.

One of my local parks full of pokestops is going to be hosting an unofficial gathering. So far 100(ish) people have said they're attending, mainly in the hope of triggering an EX raid. NTRabbit if you live near Morphett Vale I highly recommend a visit to the park.

Anyone doing anything for community day tomorrow? Three hours of double XP, three hour lures, and increased Pikachu spawns which will have surf as one of its attacks.

One of my local parks full of pokestops is going to be hosting an unofficial gathering. So far 100(ish) people have said they're attending, mainly in the hope of triggering an EX raid. NTRabbit if you live near Morphett Vale I highly recommend a visit to the park.

What time is this on?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know the place, used to play basketball next to there a lifetime ago, short drive away. I guess I'll head down if I can drag myself up. Is there a particular spot, or people just wandering around for the duration?
I think near the basketball arena is the place they’re heading, but sometimes it’s the other side where the miniature train station is.

I think the reason I'm most annoyed with myself, aside from missing a surf Pikachu and a rare chance to raid, is that - more by chance than design - I had 4 eggs sitting at 9.6km that I could have hatched for double double xp with the event and a lucky egg. Oh well.

Finally hatched a Lapras, got an 86% Snorlax to replace the below 50% one I caught a year ago, then less interestingly hatched a Porygon and a Sudowoodo, so not even a gen3. Did that and all available evolutions under a lucky egg, found a wild grimer for the first time, and pokedex is now 255/284

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back