Mobile (iOS/Android) Pokemon Go

Which team are you on?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trainers,

Sunny days are ahead! Whether your forecast calls for rain or shine, we’re celebrating all around the world by introducing some special Pokémon from the tropical Alola region to Pokémon GO. Get ready for some of the Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region to appear in their Alolan forms! These unique variants were first seen in the Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon video games, and they will make their way to Pokémon GO in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out for news related to this exciting change—and don’t forget to tell your friends! Stay safe, and happy exploring!

—The Pokémon GO team

https://pokemongolive.com/post/alolakanto-pokemon

300 odd Magikarps since the shiny dropped, no golden Magikarps... 2 shiny Wailmer's within an hour and a half.

RNG is bullshit.

I'm sensing gen 4 will be previewed at GoFest

Last edited:
I finally hit my 10 raids by using two free daily raid passes this evening to fail at making a dent in Kyogre. Reached 400 Magikarp candy last week, still no shinies. Though to be fair, not seen a shiny of any kind since Mareep weekend anyway. Still tossing up whether to just evolve a normal or not. Oh, and I finally caught a Feebas too, now I just need to get a good one so I can walk it around.

Speaking of, Tyrannitar on Saturday. It's good, because I really need the candy, I'm level 32 now and haven't been able to power up my Tyrannitar since level 27.

Also noticed that an 89% max CP Makuhita, which I caught and evolved during the fighting event, is still max CP as a Hariyama, and apparently I'm too low level to power it up. Must be good right?

OHHGteI.png

Last edited:
I’m in Melbourne currently for the footy tonight. Can someone point me to the best spot in or around the CBD to go to for community day?

I was thinking of either Fed Square or just jumping on a city circle tram and just catching everything. But if there’s somewhere better, I’d love to know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Positives
  • Larvitar appeared as often as Mareep rather than the paltry handful of Charmander, letting me stock up quite a bit on candy
  • I caught 3 shiny Larvitar :partypooper:
  • I used 2 lucky eggs
  • I walked up the final candy to evolve Muk
  • One of the 10km eggs I set for today hatched a Chansey, which gave me enough candy to finally evolve Blissey :partypooper:
  • Also managed to evolve (most of these were waiting for a lucky egg day and evolve candidate for a while) Blastoise, Swampert, Shiftry, Exploud, Aggron, Medicham, Sharpedo, Grumpig, Crawdaunt, Claydol, and Armaldo, taking me to 327/349 and now only missing Mr. Mime, Tauros, and the two Mews from Kanto.
Negatives
  • My 3 shiny Larvitar were all sub-60% IV, so I evolved the least worst of them
  • It rained on me a lot
  • I forgot to put the dust crystal on with the lucky egg so missed an opportunity

I kinda figured they might be a repeat of the dratini episode so I did one run from 1pm on the dot to 3:30 and then did a 4:30 to 6 run. Sunny weather stuck throughout, which was lucky as it probably should have changed to windy. Caught 13 shinies but nothing with both a really high level and IV, so I only evolved one Larvitar fully and evolved another one to just Pupitar which I'll use to place in gyms as it's much cooler looker.

Evolved four Larvitars fully - a level 35/89%, level 33/84% (15 attack IV) and a level 31/96%, along with the level 27/71% shiny. I probably should have evolved more but I had a bit of tunnel vision and was focused on finding a high level/good IV shiny right until 6. Started the day on 140 odd candy and finished on 652 and not quite sure how to spend that candy.

Last edited:
Yeah I must admit shiny Tyranitar is slightly underwhelming, although he's definitely not alone.

If they keep going alternating with starters and psuedo legendaries as the community day pokemon they're all pretty underwhelming until we get to shiny Sceptile (which is bright blue) and shiny Metagross (which is silver with a big gold X).

you can get Mew through the Special Research thing. not sure if that's still running. Zapdos and Moltres were previous field research things. You can get Mewtwo through ex raid presses. it seems finding a Dischord group that covers the area you're in and coordinating is the best way to do it. I think most trackers are down...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back