Discussion IP Australia thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sure! Didn't realise how close i was to losing it. 85 bucks was my limit too.

swans.jpg

Re: What Freo were not called

I Found an Ugly Footscray Logo

get_tmi_image.pl
Spot the "FFC" ;)

The Ochre is an interesting one, first lodged the day before the 1999 Grand Final, and even renewed in 2005 for another 5 years?

Can someone fluent in legal language decipher that Monopoly gobbledegook for us? I got as far as "the white generally triangular section with the garment neckband", meaning the neck-hole :p

Spot the "FFC" ;)

Good spotting, I found it. Once you know its there the eyes look really strange.
I'm not too knowledgable when it comes to nicknames put forward before the clubs were formed but I do know that one of Gold Coast's was "Coasters". I also know that one of the nicknames put forward for Adelaide was "Lakers", referring to Football Park being based in West Lakes.
I haven't found any yet but I am interested to see if anyone has seen any logos for these names. I think Gold Coast's would be farely similair to what it is now.

Ah, of course.

I thought it might have been an early prototype of the current AFL logo.

Can someone fluent in legal language decipher that Monopoly gobbledegook for us? I got as far as "the white generally triangular section with the garment neckband", meaning the neck-hole :p

Monopoly is claimed in

We want exclusive rights to...

the pattern or ornamentation of the coloured design elements in the colours gold, red, blue and navy of a sleeveless garment as shown in the accompanying representations.

...the design as drawn in the pretty picture (where the design is basically these colours in that arrangement) on a sleeveless top.

In considering the extent of the monopoly the white generally triangular section with the garment neckband is to be disregarded.

We're not claiming the white triangle bit. That's just there so you know what a sleeveless top would look like without a person in it.

It was the logo used on the Shorts to replace the VFL logo which were on them before 1990

28447.jpg
28673.jpg
When I was 5 (so when Fremantle was 4) I had a few pairs of Fremantle shorts with that AFL logo on them. Also had the majority green socks, and the green jumper as well... my dad was hell bent on "supporting them in every way" because he sincerely didn't know how long they'd last.

I think in some instances during 1990 they still wore the VFL shorts but had the AFL logo stiched on the front
21888.jpg

the shorts with the afl down the side were the best i reckon.
back in 2005 the afl gave each club permission to design there own shorts insted of having the afl stripes down the side.

How are you guys finding the jumper designs?

I'm searching using the AFL's ACN but am only seeing logos and other stuff coming up no jumpers though.

Can't locate any proposed Adelaide names, only the entry for the Crows. I posted earlier in the thread about Fremantle, Port Adelaide and Gold Coast names which were registered but ultimately not used - anything other than those was purely speculative and never registered.

Just doing a search for Western Sydney...

Western Sydney Rams was lodged by the Australian Rugby Union. It was opposed by the NFL (through NFL Properties) and withdrawn by the ARU. The Rams won the minor premiership in the one-off Australian Rugby Championship (2007).

Western Sydney FC was submitted in September 2008 by Football Federation Australia. A potential Western Sydney team in the A-League, or trying to head off the AFL at the pass? As it turns out, the application lapsed and was withdrawn April 2010.

Western Sydney FC has been subsequently registered by the AFL, August 2010, as one of the many forms of "Greater Western Sydney Giants".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The FFA's submission of Western Sydney FC would have been to do with the Sydney Rovers, a proposed expansion club of the A-League that were supposed to join in this season but fell through.

I think in some instances during 1990 they still wore the VFL shorts but had the AFL logo stiched on the front
21888.jpg

VFL logo on side panel of shorts was used during 1990. AFL in stripe wasn't introduced till 1991.

They must have had a large stock level of VFL shorts, so sewed a AFL logo on the vfl shorts in 1990.

Then with Adelaide in 1991, the AFL logo had to be introduced onto the side panel.

The original big wings, hidden away in the name of Indian Pacific Ltd...

099581l1.gif
099581l2.gif
099581l3.gif

Is it just me or does the eagle head and writing look smaller in that drawing than the head and writing on the actual jumper?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back