Discussion IP Australia thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: What Freo were not called

I Found an Ugly Footscray Logo

get_tmi_image.pl

I've no idea what clubs these belong to. Designs were obviously used by other sides (Bulldogs, Eagles...) but not in the described colour ways:

118432l1.GIF

118506l1.GIF

118503l1.GIF

All of therse designs are TAC Cup in Victoria.
Western Jets, Eastern Ranges, and these three above are Geelong Falcons, Southern (now called Dandenong) Stingrays and Northern Knights.
In three cases, they still wear the same jumpers today.

Here are some interesting things I found on the image trademark website... a lot of you have probably seen them before, but I'm sure some of you haven't too.

Early Western Bulldogs guernsey design?
118358l1.GIF

Most likely Melbourne Hawks design (but possibly Brisbane lions design)
118360l1.GIF

Very strange West Coast design?
138496l1.GIF

Primarily gold alternate
138495l1.GIF

Now could someone please guide me through how to find the logo designs... thanks.

Western Jets, Eastern Ranges, Bendigo Diggers

Some questions I had when I see those copyrights:

• Is Bear Essentials some Brisbane Bears line for children?
•*Why would a Bendigo name, logo, and jumper be lodged by the AFL?
• Football Australia - is this just a marketing name, or, an alternative to the name of the governing body?
• What is Club 10 and Pro Squad? I'm too young to remember 90's footy
• What is Hot Ochre?

And in case you were wondering, both of those Freo designs were used. That FFC shield used to be on my pops old Kombi van.

Hot Ochre is something random that came up when I searched for West Coast.

Found this about Club 10 on the AFANA's web site:

Ricky Nixon's Club 10

Ricky Nixon is a former VFL player who has become the football manager (read "agent") for many high-profile AFL players. He introduced a concept called Club 10, which featured a new marketing symbol used in product endorsements by the members. This idea had been floated for a while by the AFL, and Club 10 was formed when negotiations between the AFL and Nixon broke down. The AFL is now forming its own list of 25 up-and-coming star players for similar promotions.

The original "members" of Club 10, which no longer exists were:

Gary Ablett Snr (Geelong)
Gavin Brown (Collingwood)
Wayne Carey (North)
Jason Dunstall (Hawthorn)
Glen Jackovich (West Coast)
Tony Lockett (Sydney)
Stewart Loewe (St Kilda)
Garry Lyon (Melbourne)
Gavin Wanganeen (Port Power)
Greg Williams (Carlton)

All of these original Club 10 members are how retired, the last being Gavin Wanganeen, who retired mid-season 2006.

As it turns out, Pro Squad was formed late 1995/early 1996. Interfooty, mentioned earlier, featured the "Pro Squad Challenge" where kids could challenge footballers to odd contests - netball, bowling, Nintendo etc.

club 10 was ricky nixons
he had all the big players in the mid 90's
also remember pro squad selling merchandise.
do remember having a "kouta" hat i got given to me as a kid
and if anyone rememebrs nixons office at telstra dome
he had a signed jumper in his board room with all the 1st signings

If you check out this link...

Statement of monopoly:
Monopoly is claimed in the pattern or ornamentation of the coloured design elements in the colours gold, red, blue and navy of a sleeveless garment as shown in the accompanying representations. In considering the extent of the monopoly the white generally triangular section with the garment neckband is to be disregarded.

Officially, NO OCHRE.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And someone on here got it too. May have been a bloke called Rassilon but not too sure. Definitely a swans supporter though

It was me.

Yep it went for 70, and it's hanging on my wall. No idea who the signature is still.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back