Discussion IP Australia thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I can't imagine the type of animal that was involved in Steve Irwin's death was ever going to be the mascot of the new Queensland team.
Not unless you were looking to attract controversy.
He died in late 2006, they were playing in the TAC Cup in 2009.

guess just one bad stingray had to go and ruin it for the rest of them...

Suns is a great name for Gold Coast. They haven't really taken full advantage of the branding opportunities but Suns and red and yellow is a great starting point.

I see Giants as a bit more like Power. Abstractish nickname and just picked a colour that wasn't being used already to base their branding around. Keeping the 'GWS' name as well, ugh. Like Power, not overly bad but a total missed opportunity to do something more interesting.

(For Power that was obviously Pirates)

Suns is a great name for Gold Coast. They haven't really taken full advantage of the branding opportunities but Suns and red and yellow is a great starting point.

I see Giants as a bit more like Power. Abstractish nickname and just picked a colour that wasn't being used already to base their branding around. Keeping the 'GWS' name as well, ugh. Like Power, not overly bad but a total missed opportunity to do something more interesting.

(For Power that was obviously Pirates)
Giants nailed their branding. It just took some time to get used to.

I can't imagine the type of animal that was involved in Steve Irwin's death was ever going to be the mascot of the new Queensland team.
Not unless you were looking to attract controversy.
He died in late 2006, they were playing in the TAC Cup in 2009.
I had not thought of that actually. I was 8 when GC joined the league so not the smartest cookie out there.
I had no idea the Suns were a team joining the league until they were playing their first match. Interesting how footy consciousness develops at different points of life for different people.
That is rather interesting. I can remember a lot when it comes to footy, even so that when I was 5 I remembered the alphabetical order of all 16 teams at the time and had a little bit of a dilemma when they went to change how many teams there were at the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back