Science/Environment IPCC issues stark warning over global warming

Remove this Banner Ad

David Attenborough said people all around the world are demanding action on climate change.
The people of France are rioting over Macron’s gas tax hikes to fight global warming.
The discontent started because the tax hikes are disproportionately going to hit poorer rural areas who drive more. The French - and many western - governments have numerous initiatives to combat climate change and people don't riot over them because they see them as necessary, especially if the burden is shared appropriately. In this case the burden was not shared equally.

That these have morphed into riots is also not simply due to the tax hikes on gas. The reasons are multiple and varied, and there's probably even some people there simply for the ride.

But as twisty balls watson tells you what to think and as he says it's because of a push back against climate change polices then you simply regurgitate that as fact. It's quite amusing to watch from afar.

The discontent started because the tax hikes are disproportionately going to hit poorer rural areas who drive more. The French - and many western - governments have numerous initiatives to combat climate change and people don't riot over them because they see them as necessary, especially if the burden is shared appropriately.

There were protests in the UK too. I have never met a single person who thinks higher petrol prices are a good idea let alone necessary.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuel_protests_in_the_United_Kingdom

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/03/theresa-may-pledges-to-freeze-fuel-duty-for-ninth-consecutive-year

This week the IPCC issued another 'stark warning over global warming'. Except no one took a blind bit of notice.

David Attenborough got sucked in.
Also there was a climate change forum a few years back where Greens produced a video showing a young child trying to escape a flooding planet , screaming and hanging to a tree. Now that could/would terrify some children and adults, how irresponsible are the left with this type of wrong information.
Read some of Judith Curry , this climate change terrorising is more about panic and stupidity, she explains how the theorising should work and also how some of it is just plain nonsense, or so much less a problem that certain politically driven green people and leftists want to promote.

I'd like to know why is it? They do this fanatical cult like screaming, is it egotism by these "educated" people.

This woman Curry is no fool. But the left /green side of politics seem to have gone insane with spreading horror with terror around the world , where by, if you disagree, you are called some nazi pollution promoter.

Clean up, the rivers and oceans and lakes and parks and bushland , do protective burn offs, make fire breaks, grow a brain, we have plenty of time before the sun burns out.
And STOP scaring our kids too. Idiots.

David Attenborough got sucked in.
Also there was a climate change forum a few years back where Greens produced a video showing a young child trying to escape a flooding planet , screaming and hanging to a tree. Now that could/would terrify some children and adults, how irresponsible are the left with this type of wrong information.
Read some of Judith Curry , this climate change terrorising is more about panic and stupidity, she explains how the theorising should work and also how some of it is just plain nonsense, or so much less a problem that certain politically driven green people and leftists want to promote.

I'd like to know why is it? They do this fanatical cult like screaming, is it egotism by these "educated" people.

This woman Curry is no fool. But the left /green side of politics seem to have gone insane with spreading horror with terror around the world , where by, if you disagree, you are called some nazi pollution promoter.

Clean up, the rivers and oceans and lakes and parks and bushland , do protective burn offs, make fire breaks, grow a brain, we have plenty of time before the sun burns out.
And STOP scaring our kids too. Idiots.
What argument from Judith Curry do you find persuasive?

Last edited:
The loopy left want open borders but Australia has a very fragile eco system. Around 5,000 square kilometres, of virgin bushland and advanced regrowth are cleared annually as are cities expand to accommodate our diversity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What argument from Judith Curry do you find persuasive?

Its not necessarily her argument about anything or even her view, it is her comments about how some science is just accepted without all the situations that are being studied or theorised on, being looked at with some of the evidence being used not real or looked at the wrong way sometimes to make a point which is suggesting humans cause climate change , or are a massive reason for it, when really the evidence is twisted to the way certain people and scientists want to read it.
WHY? THEY JUST WANT TO BE SO CERTAIN THAT WE'RE WARMING AND PROVE IT NO MATTER IN WHAT WAY EVEN FALSEHOODS? I HAVE NO IDEA.
Now my explanation about Curry may sound like gobbledygook, but I am a layman, I am not a scientist , but I do lots of reading and for me , being my way, interested.
I see no logic in the maniacal manner that the Greens or the left promote global warming and climate change when we know its is a fact but its been happening since before humans existed.
So I 'll go again for an explanation as to how I read Judith Curry. For the smokingjacket, and mate I am with you, we all need the truth.
She was, in a complicated way these supe intelects talk, saying that some of the science, is not looked at, in a way, that might not... " get this" ...
give the answer they want!
It says to me that some of the science is flawed badly, and the example I remember the Queensland scientist who said his uni colleagues had not peer checked properly the studies done on the Barrier reef claiming there is a disaster waiting, , and that his studies had not seen the same thing they banned him from talking out, and when he continued, looking for only the truth and some proper work to be done and went public , they didn't have a debate that scientists should, THEY SACKED HIM!
Well after I listened to Curry it seemed to me but there is no, yes or no, while we have misinformation, passed around like this. While some people will go to all sorts of lengths to frighten people , to make a political statement , where they put striking kids on the street , who really do not know , while the general public who say, well the weather is pretty normal although the seasons can be a bit late sometimes then get called mad dog right wing nutters. In Melbourne today its been 37 degrees , in Perth its been about 23 degrees, so is cooling or is warming or is it just being like it always is , controlled by nature.
So after all that what she is saying and you well educated out there will understand her, is that the science is sometimes good , sometimes bad , or sometimes purely manipulated, but in general things have to be checked and peer checked and checked then checked again and again, a lot of bullshit is just thrown out where the average person has no idea, its POLITICAL , that is why its bullshit.

Superficially, the Katowice conference is about climate change. In reality it's another huge junket for people to put their hands out for more cash. Poor countries looking for billions in development aid and scientists lobbying for research funding.

Australia has registered 30 delegates for the UN climate talks in Katowice but for carbon fly miles has been dwarfed by African nations, some of which have sent hundreds of people to the Polish winter summit.

An analysis of delegates by Carbon Brief found Guinea topped the list with 406 delegates, down 86 from last time. The Democratic Republic of Congo is second, with 237. Host nation Poland is third, with 211 delegates, followed by Ivory Coast, whose delegation this year has more than halved to 208 people. Indonesia is in fifth place, with 191.

While some African countries give delegate tickets to non-governmental organisations, the make-up gives an indication of how important they consider the talks for securing development and mitigation funds.

According to the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change, 22,771 people have gone to Katowice. This includes 13,898 people representing specific parties, 7331 from observer organisations — such as scientists, business groups and various NGOs — and 1541 journalists. In terms of delegates, at 13898, it is the biggest number since Paris in 2015.​

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/na...s/news-story/50e23d235797e71144d716458a221727

Tell me more, why does Australia need higher immigration ?
Why would we not. You need to give the notion in this thread that reducing immigration will have a positive effect on climate fir a start. It's patently absurd.

The idea that we can somehow retreat from the world and live in our own little tribe is so 20th century it makes me laugh. Like it or not globalisation is here and we have to participate.

Last edited:
Why would we not. You need to give the notion in this thread that reducing immigration will have a positive effect on climate fir a start. It's patently absurd.

The idea that we can somehow retreat from the world and live in our own little tribe is so 29th century it makes me laugh. Like it or not globalisation is here and we have to participate.
What happened in the 22nd to 28th centuries, John Titor?

The idea that we can somehow retreat from the world and live in our own little tribe is so 29th century it makes me laugh. Like it or not globalisation is here and we have to participate.
Why is it absurd? surely clearing land (trees) for new suburbs is not good for the environment, not good for native animals.
Globalisation is great for the ruling elite but for the average pleb it's a ******* disaster.

Why is it absurd? surely clearing land (trees) for new suburbs is not good for the environment, not good for native animals.
Globalisation is great for the ruling elite but for the average pleb it's a ******* disaster.
1. You a think a person who d8esn't immigrate to Australia doesn't have an impact?

Hint: Climate change is a global phenomenon.

2. Like it it or globalisation has meant better lives and opportunity for an awful lot of people. I find the notion it benefits elites an odd one. The way it generally goes, and always has, is the creation of a middle class leads to better education and increases equality of opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back