IPL 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks rubbish, can slog a six or two but 9/10 is utter trash
We don't have any Indian international batting talent, which makes it tough because we then use two of our internationals opening.
Shankar needs to work on "all-rounder" status, as he is still 3rd string on the Indian lineup.
And I'm not sure why the management staff chased away Shikhar, when choosing Warner over Indian white ball opener.

We don't have any Indian international batting talent, which makes it tough because we then use two of our internationals opening.
Shankar needs to work on "all-rounder" status, as he is still 3rd string on the Indian lineup.
And I'm not sure why the management staff chased away Shikhar, when choosing Warner over Indian white ball opener.

To be fair Warner is elite in the IPL

Crazy to me that they'd leave Williamson out. In hindsight they were probably better off picking Parthiv Patel to keep instead of Philippe so Williamson could fit it. Surely they put him in next match now that Marsh won't be fit to take an international spot.
Mate, you're mixing the two teams up. Willisonson plays for the Sunrisers, while Parthiv and Phillipe play for RCB

Williamson used to be our captain, but with Warner, Rashid and Nabi in he side he found it hard to make the XI, which sucks. We still need an alrounder/finisher role, so to replace Marsh we still have Nabi or Fabian Allen. For Williamson to get a constant run we need to find an Indian finisher in Abdul Samad, Priyam Garg or Virat Singh and play Saha instead of Bairstow.
But the possible finishers are new and untested, and Bairstow a stronger bat than Saha.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How isn’t Samson in the Indian side
Sanju Samson is part of the new generation of the Indian side, though he is already 25. Along with Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, and Washington Sundar
Sanju only listed a T20 player for our national side, and after Dhoni's retirement, he is still the third option to keep. Behind Rahul and Rishabh.
Rishabh being younger definitely works in his favour, and has been picked ahead of Sanju in the past few years. Though, keeping responsibilities have fallen to Rahul so that we can play an extra bat in the short format, and it has seemed to work.
So I think for Sanju to get a run, he'll have a prime opportunity with the IPL, and will need to prove that he can gain a spot as a bat that can keep a bit, rather than the other way around.

Sanju Samson is part of the new generation of the Indian side, though he is already 25. Along with Prithvi Shaw, Shreyas Iyer, Rishabh Pant, and Washington Sundar
Sanju only listed a T20 player for our national side, and after Dhoni's retirement, he is still the third option to keep. Behind Rahul and Rishabh.
Rishabh being younger definitely works in his favour, and has been picked ahead of Sanju in the past few years. Though, keeping responsibilities have fallen to Rahul so that we can play an extra bat in the short format, and it has seemed to work.
So I think for Sanju to get a run, he'll have a prime opportunity with the IPL, and will need to prove that he can gain a spot as a bat that can keep a bit, rather than the other way around.

That is interesting would rate him higher than Pant myself

That is interesting would rate him higher than Pant myself
Rishabh averages higher with the bat at domestic level, and with a spot in all three formats having opened up. I think it was the right initial choice, but something that we should revisit now.
Rishabh struggles to control himself, and he is very flashy with his batting. We should be looking to find someone that can support Shreyas once Virat retires. And I think Rishabh needs to mature before getting another look.

Rishabh averages higher with the bat at domestic level, and with a spot in all three formats having opened up. I think it was the right initial choice, but something that we should revisit now.
Rishabh struggles to control himself, and he is very flashy with his batting. We should be looking to find someone that can support Shreyas once Virat retires. And I think Rishabh needs to mature before getting another look.

Every year Samson does well in the IPL and it’s weird he hasn’t got chances. Yes I know the batting order is stacked but surely you at least try to get him in.

Every year Samson does well in the IPL and it’s weird he hasn’t got chances. Yes I know the batting order is stacked but surely you at least try to get him in.
Just checked out his stats in the IPL, impressive over the pass few seasons.
Seeing that I agree with you.
I really hope they are not playing favourites again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back