IPL 2021 & 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

But seriously the IPL teams are dumb not picking up Zamps

one of the best t20 bowlers in the world he regularly gets Kohli out

just stupid
Only thing I can think is they have enough spinners?

Only thing I can think is they have enough spinners?
Pretty much, spinners like Zamps are probably dime a dozen in India

Not necessarily in results but in style

He was talking about it on a commentary stint last night with the BBL how they prefer more "mystery" spinners

I guess Zamps doesn't have enough "mystery" balls

Green is just as overpaid as Harry Brook. Don't get me wrong I rate him highly but it's basically 3 years since he played a domestic T20 game and he has hardly set the world alight for Australia. Those 2 knocks in India have basically earnt him 2 million dollars, good on him.

And it's somewhat funny how the baby of the Aus Cricket Team is now probably the best paid Cricketer out of the lot of them (at least for 2023).

Green is just as overpaid as Harry Brook. Don't get me wrong I rate him highly but it's basically 3 years since he played a domestic T20 game and he has hardly set the world alight for Australia. Those 2 knocks in India have basically earnt him 2 million dollars, good on him.

And it's somewhat funny how the baby of the Aus Cricket Team is now probably the best paid Cricketer out of the lot of them (at least for 2023).
And then Travis Head goes unsold at the base price

That pretty shot, when Head has had an above average SR in the tests. Don’t think he’s played enough white ball games recently to garner attention
Didn't he light up the 3 games vs England as an opener

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And this spud gets picked up over Zampa and Head

There’s a certain type of player that they love. I was expecting Morris to get picked up but other than that who has and hasn’t been picked up hasn’t surprised me at all. Aaron Hardie will probably go for big coin in the next year or so.

Best XIs (given no injuries)

RCB: 🇿🇦 Faf du Plessis (c), Rajat Patidar, Virat Kohli, 🇦🇺 Glenn Maxwell, Anuj Rawat, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Shahbaz Ahmed , Harshal Patel, 🇱🇰 Wanindu Hasaranga, 🇦🇺 Josh Hazlewood, Mohammad Siraj
Rest of the Squad: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Will Jacks, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 David Willey, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Reece Topley, Mahipal Lomror, 🇳🇿 Finn Allen, S Kaul, Rajan Kumar, Avinash Singh, Suyash Prabhudessai, Sonu Yadav, Manjoj Bhandage, Akash Deep, Himanshu Sharma
Strong top order, and really strong bowling. I have Hazlewood in the best XI, and think he deserves the spot, however I don't think he'll get many games. Lomror for Anuj is probably the only realistic change to any of that

KKR: Venkatesh Iyer, Nitesh Rana, 🇧🇩 Shakib Al Hasan, Shreyas Iyer (c), 🇯🇲 Andre Russell, N Jagadeeshan (wk), Shardul Thakur, 🇹🇹 Sunil Narine, Varun C, Umesh Yadav, 🇳🇿 Tim Southee
Rest of the Squad: 🇳🇿 Lockie Ferguson, 🇳🇦 David Weise, Vaibhav Arora, Rinku Singh, Mandeep Singh, 🇱🇰 Litton Das, 🇦🇫 Grubaz, Anukul Roy, Kulwant Khejroliya, Harshit Rana, Suyash Sharma
Most of this is self explanatory, had to go for Jaga over Litton as the wk purely because of Indian factor. Expect Ferguson to get a few games, and Weise in for Shakib occaisionally.

KXIP: Shikhar Dhawan (c), 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Jonny Bairstow (wk), 🇱🇰 Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Harpreet Bhatia, Shahrukh Khan, Harpreet Brar, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Sam Curran, Rishi Dhawan, Rahul Chahar, 🇿🇦 Kasigo Rabada, Arshdeep Singh
Rest of the Squad: 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Liam Livingstone, Raj Angad Bawa, 🇦🇺 Nathan Ellis, Prabhsimran Singh, 🇿🇼 Sikandar Raza, Atharva Taide, Vidwath Kaverappa, Mohit Rathee, Shivam Singh, Baltej Singh, Jitesh Sharma
Livingstone for Rajapaksa at times, but prefer Rajapaksa, and the bowling of Livingstone is not needed. Rabada take my overseas bowling option, taking out any chance for Ellis, unlucky. Would like to see Raza get a run, but would come at the cost of Curran, or getting in Jitesh for Bairstow to make way for the fourth overseas spot.

CSK: Ruturaj Gaikwad, 🇳🇿 Devon Conway, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Ben Stokes, Ambati Rayadu, Shivam Dube, MS Dhoni (c) (wk), Ravi Jadeja, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Moeen Ali, Deepak Chahar, 🇱🇰 Maheesh Theekshana, Tushar Deshpande
Rest of the Squad: 🇳🇿 Mitchell Santner, Rajverdhan Hamargekar, Prashant Solanki, 🇳🇿 Kyle Jamieson, Nishant Sindhu, Ajinkya Rahane, 🇿🇦 Dwaine Pretorius, Ajay Mandal, Subhranshu Senapati, Mukesh Choudhary, Simarjeet Snigh, 🇱🇰 Matheesha Pathirana, Bhagath Varma, Shaik Rasheed
This XI literately picks itself. Would love to see Santner get a permanent spot in the XI, but unlikely, this would be at the cost of Moeen or Theekshana. Choudhary may come in for Deshpande, that's all

DD: Prithv Shawi, 🇦🇺 David Warner, 🇦🇺 Mitch Marsh, Manish Pandey, Rishabh Pant (c) (wk), Axar Patel, 🇿🇦 Anrich Nortje, Chetan Sakariya, Kuldeep Yadav, 🇿🇦Lungi Ngidi, Ishant Sharma
Rest of the Squad: Mukesh Kumar, Khaleel Ahmed, 🇿🇦 Rilee Rossouw, 🇯🇲 Rovman Powell, 🇧🇩 Mustafizar Rahman, 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Phil Salt, Kamlesh Nagarkoti, Lalit Yadav, Yash Dhull, Praveen Dubey, Ripal Patel, Aman Khan, Vicky Ostwal, Sarfaraz Khan
Long bowling line up, with a lot of pressure on the top 5 bats. Ngidi could be replaced by Khaleel, or Mustifizar. Rovman for Nortje and Rossouw for MMarsh are possible other options if players aren't performing.

RR: Buttler (c), Padikkal, Yashasvi, Sanju (wk) , Hetmyer, Parag, Holder, R Ashwin, Yuzi, Boult, Prasidh
Rest of the Squad: Navdeep Saini, Zampa, Root, McCoy, Donovan Ferreira, KM Asif, KC Cariappa, Kuldeep Sen, Dhruv Jurel, Abdul Basith, Kunal Singh Rathore, M Ashwin, Akash Vashisht
Good all round XI, Zampa will struggle to get a game, Navdeep and Kuldeep Sen are possible replacements for Boult and Prasidh which will give McCoy or Root a chance in the XI

MI: Rohit (c), Ishan (wk), Sky, Tilak, David, Brevis, Green, Hrithik, Chawla, Archer, Bumrah
Rest of the Squad, Jhye Richardson, Behrendoff, Tendulkar jr, Ramandeep Singh, Shams Mulani, Nehal Wadhera, Kumar Kartikeya, Akash Madhwal, Arshad Khan, Raghav Goyal, Duan Jansen, Stubbs, Vishu Vinod
The only movement here is Stubbs for Brevis, and someone to replace Hrithik, other than that I doubt MI will chance their line up much. Arjun Tendulkar will continue to not get games.

SRH: Tripathi, A Sharma, Mayank, Brook, Markram, Phillips (wk), Sundar, Bhuvi (c), Rashid, Umran, Nattu
Rest of the Squad: Heinrich Klassen, Marco Jansen, Kartik Tyagi, Abdul Samad, Vivrant Sharma, Matank Dagar, Akeal Hosein, Mayank Markande, Fazalhaq Farooqi, Upendra Yadav, Sanvir Singh, Nitish Kumar Reddy, Anmolpreet Singh, Samarth Vyas
Struggling to find a permanent keeper here. Klassen is a risky buy here, and probably should have gove with someone that can bat a bit more. That's why Phillips is in ahead of Klassen. Spin options in Hosein and Markande is they want to bring in Marco. And a heavy dependence on Brook and Markram to do a lot of the work in the middle.

LSG: KL (c), de Kok (wk), Stionis, Pooran, Deepak, Vohra, Krunal, Wood, Avesh, Unadkat, Bishnoi
Rest of the Squad: Krishnappa Gowtham, Sams, Amit Mishra, Kyle Meyers, Romario Shepherd, Naveen-ul-Haq, Yash Thakur, Mohsin Khan, Ayush Badoni, Tudhvir Charak, Karan Sharma, Mayank Yadav, Swapnil Singh, Prerak Mankad
I don't see the point in buying Pooran, still makes the XI due to batting. Sams will struggle to get a game here as they will preference Meyers and Shepherd over him. Badoni is another player that will get games

GT: Shubman, Wade (wk), Miller, Hardik (c), Shankar, Tewetia, Rashid, Jayant, Mavi, Joseph, Shami
Rest of the Squad: Josh Little, Yash Dayal, R Sai Kishore, Manohar, Williamson, Saha, KS Bharat, Mohit Sharma, Odean Smith, Noor Ahmad, Darshan Nalkande, Urvil Patel, Sai Sundharsan, Predeep Sangwan
No space for Kane baba in this side, they can bat all the way to Rashid which is a big effort. If they are looking to bring in Noor or Odean, likely that Saha will replace Wade in the XI

Big names not selected:
Wayne Parnell, Taskin Ahmed, Blessings Muzarabani, Mohammad Nabi, Dawid Malan, Rassie vdDussen, Paul Stirling, Abhimanyu Easwaran, Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Kusal Mendis, Chris Jordan, Jimmy Neesham, Tymil Mills, Jason Roy, Luke Wood, Carlos Brathwaite, Dasun Shanaka, Sheldon Cottrel, Fabian Allen, Keshav Maharaj,

Australian names not selected:
Riley Meredith, Travis Head, Lance Morris, Chris Lynn, Sean Abbott, Nathan Coutler-Nile, Moises Henriques, Josh Phillipe, D'Arcy Short, Ben Dwarshius, Billy Stanlake, Nathan McAndrew, Hayden Kerr, Jack Prestwidge

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back