IPL 2021 & 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Maxwell sold for $2.5mil...fu** me dead. How stupid are these teams? Reputation matters more than performance

One of the10 best T20 players in world cricket.

He’s worth every cent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One of the10 best T20 players in world cricket.

He’s worth every cent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's consistently underperformed in the IPL. Its not like he's had one poor season, he's had multiple poor seasons. It's a joke he went for that price.

He's consistently underperformed in the IPL. Its not like he's had one poor season, he's had multiple poor seasons. It's a joke he went for that price.

lower order batsman who can win the game off his own bat. Yeah he has under performed but there is no one else like him in world cricket

Maxwell 1 run and a misfield for 4. Also sh*t bowling over but totally worth 2.5mill aye guys??? Hahahahaha
Came on to say this. 1 off 5, and only bowled 1 over that went for 9 runs.
I wonder what RCB are thinking

Afridi is still playing cricket but obvs ineligible for ipl
Plays for Multan Sultans (PSL), Galle Gladiators (LPL), and Qalanders (Abu Dhabi T10 League).
Okay, with about the same number of games, Mexwell is better with the bat, but struggles to keep up with the ball.
Afridi would be in the same value as Gayle, low priced for high quality and intensity in the IPL
Maxwell won't bat until 5. Pedikkal, Washington, Virat, and ABdV all above him. and will struggle to get a bowl behind Washington, Chahal, and Zampa.

T20🇦🇺 1613983380159.png Glenn "The
Big Show" Maxwell
🇵🇰 1613983384542.png Shahid "Boom
Boom" Afridi
Matches301323
1613983327761.png Batting
Runs65814392
Average27.1918.37
Strike Rate152.05154.37
1613983396717.png Bowling
Wickets108344
Average31.6422.31
Strike Rate24.619.9

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, if you noticed before, we have been saying Maxy is overpriced.
Come off it mate, if he scored a ton tonight you wouldn't be in here singing his praises, how he played tonight is completely irrelevant in regards to the IPL and his pricetag. It will all come down to how he performs in the IPL.

Come off it mate, if he scored a ton tonight you wouldn't be in here singing his praises, how he played tonight is completely irrelevant in regards to the IPL and his pricetag. It will all come down to how he performs in the IPL.
In which he has only performed well in one season (2014).
I'm not he isn't a valuable player, he just isn't worth 14.25cr. He's a 7 or 8 crore player

In which he has only performed well in one season (2014).
I'm not he isn't a valuable player, he just isn't worth 14.25cr. He's a 7 or 8 crore player

Probably somewhere in between the two figures, probably around the 9 to 11CR. Mind you I'd rather gamble on him than Jamison. The one thing I'll say with Maxwell is he needs a role, stop stuffing him around the lineup, just say Glenn you are batting 4, that's it. Do feel he's under bowled in the IPL though.

Pretty interesting Article

basically saying - if you are middle order bat, you must be able to bowl. This is why Maxy goes for big $$$
I'd rather Smith at his price than Maxwell at his.

I daresay we'd have wanted Smith anyway - and we've been burned having Maxwell before as an underwhelming overseas player - so I'm not sure how we were tricked into anything tbh.

Looks like Hesson made some 3D plans to ditch Smith on CSK to fend off competition for Maxwell but CSK actually ended up playing 4D chess and bumped up Maxwell's price too high so that it punched a hole in RCB's pocket.

Looks like Hesson made some 3D plans to ditch Smith on CSK to fend off competition for Maxwell but CSK actually ended up playing 4D chess and bumped up Maxwell's price too high so that it punched a hole in RCB's pocket.

Yeah they've edited that to look like they tricked everyone but in one of the auction trials Hesson pulls out of the bidding for Maxwell at 12.5 Crore. But in the actual auction he goes for 14.25 Crore.

Yeah they've edited that to look like they tricked everyone but in one of the auction trials Hesson pulls out of the bidding for Maxwell at 12.5 Crore. But in the actual auction he goes for 14.25 Crore.

I mean, you gotta appreciate RCB's optimism. After a game where their two most expensive recruits scored 3 runs off 5 balls and went wicketless for 56 runs after 4 overs, they post this tweet:

The huge salaries for average at best players is nothing but a money laundering scam for team owners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back