IPL 2021 & 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Looking at the squads and some potential line ups theres a lot of good players going to be sitting on the pine

Sunrisers basically will have Warner, Bairstow , Williamson and Rashid majority of games but have Roy and Holder in particular on the pine.

Would love to see sides play 5 overseas , same as the big bash. Qaulity of cricket goes up.

County cricket has begun in England and the games are being streamed for free online. Been enjoying Middlesex vs Somerset so far but looks like day 3 is ending early with rain delay so turning over to Essex vs Worcestershire. Maybe if rain starts here I'll switch over to IPL. I don't have anything against IPL like some purists have but watching it without crowds in 2020 was boring. It revealed how much crowd involvement and packed stadiums add to the spectacle. At least with county cricket the sound of ball hitting bat and players heard chattering is part and parcel of the game!

Poor Tom Curran.

I also suffer from worse brother syndrome

For all the talk about the IPL being the greatest competition ever, having a look at the scorecard from last night, you'd have to say both teams have very underwhelming overseas players.

Chennai - Faf Du Plessis, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Dwayne Bravo

Delhi - Woakes, Tom Curran, Hetmeyer, Stoinis

I don't know if they have players stuck in quarantine or something but that Chennai team in particular sure looks like they are just still paying Dhoni 90% of the teams budget.

For all the talk about the IPL being the greatest competition ever, having a look at the scorecard from last night, you'd have to say both teams have very underwhelming overseas players.

Chennai - Faf Du Plessis, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Dwayne Bravo

Delhi - Woakes, Tom Curran, Hetmeyer, Stoinis

I don't know if they have players stuck in quarantine or something but that Chennai team in particular sure looks like they are just still paying Dhoni 90% of the teams budget.
Chennai have been a bizarre team for the last season or so. They have to move on from Dhoni. But you get the sense that if they do, their fans will burn their stadium to the ground haha.

Tbf Smith sat out for Delhi and Rabada would normally be leading that attack.

Im not typically a t20 fan, but I really like the IPL. See all the best players from around the world in the same team. Or blokes playing against each other. Like Warner Vs Cummins tonight.

I dont like the advertisement on every inch of clothing both on the umpires and players. The fake crowd noise can well and truly * off.

Im not typically a t20 fan, but I really like the IPL. See all the best players from around the world in the same team. Or blokes playing against each other. Like Warner Vs Cummins tonight.

I dont like the advertisement on every inch of clothing both on the umpires and players. The fake crowd noise can well and truly fu** off.

There is one thing that the IPL is not good at...yes we see best players from around the world but the fielding is very average

Heaps of drop catches in the IPL from all teams

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith can't get a game!

I hate the 4 limit on overseas in IPL. Id rather see a comp where 7-8 internationals can play and fill the rest with " Locals"

Smith can't get a game!

I hate the 4 limit on overseas in IPL. Id rather see a comp where 7-8 internationals can play and fill the rest with " Locals"
Could just watch international T20s if you want to see that haha.

Could just watch international T20s if you want to see that haha.

Haha ! You know what I mean , I enjoy the IPL in particular when you can see for example Kohli Maxwell and AB all in the same team but even better if you could add another 3 or 4 to the same line up.

Delhi’s debutant’s first over has included a drop by Smith, a misfield for 4, a no ball and 20 off the over.

Classic Delhi.

Ishant was fantastic last season, no idea why he’s not getting a game. Injured?

Both he and Umesh coming off niggles and don’t have much bowling under their belt apparently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back