Ipswich Cats Seniors: Why?

Discussion in 'Queensland Footy' started by SilvaComet, Oct 16, 2016.

1. SilvaComet

SilvaComet West Brisbane Head Coach

Western Bulldogs
    Disclaimer: I'm at least somewhat biased towards the cats, playing juniors for them for the last 5 years.

With the 2016 Cats team in the QAFA B Central league getting demolished every week, winning only one game against Yeronga, why did they bother having a team?

Half of the boys are over 35 and playing in the Masters league, 10 people at most turn up to training, and they don't have any juniors coming through.

The solution, fold the team until their current under 15's team (oldest junior side) is old enough to play seniors.

From memory, the game against Yerona was the seniors' first ever win since they started their side a couple of years ago, and I think age is a big part of that.

What do you think?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2. Doddsy75

Doddsy75 Team Captain

Richmond
    comp has been restructured, so they will be more competitive next year

3. Realtalkz

Realtalkz Senior List

Hawthorn
    W
    How will morningside go with their 3rds side? Will they have better numbers than this season?

4. Doddsy75

Doddsy75 Team Captain

Richmond
    No idea.

Numbers weren't an issue, just lack of interest. I think they thought it was going to be much easier than it was, then they copped a few hidings early in the season and people lost interest. There were a few handy players in that side, and I guess they just assumed it would be a bit of a procession to a 3rds flag, then they got touched up by Sandgate, Woodsmen and UQ in Rounds 2-4 and it all fell apart.

5. Realtalkz

Realtalkz Senior List

Hawthorn
    So lack of interest created a numbers problem. 2 forfeits and plenty of weeks with under 22 players.. that is what a numbers issue is.