Science/Environment IQ tests....who's done one?

Tayl0r

Jul 16, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
You shouldn't ever tell anyone how much money or brainpower you have.

Especially for girls. Let them think you're stupid, advantage you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its free real estate

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Mensa is like Golden Key, a scam organisation intended for people who think they are very smart.

ShanDog

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
Mensa is like Golden Key, a scam organisation intended for people who think they are very smart.
Sure but for a $100 one-time payment you get to put "Member of the Golden Key Society" on your CV and maybe impress some prospective employers. Is a good investment.

Proud SJW

Cancelled
Aug 27, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sure but for a $100 one-time payment you get to put "Member of the Golden Key Society" on your CV and maybe impress some prospective employers. Is a good investment.
It's also a pretty good place to hook up with other bright people, I hear.

Run n Spread

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 2, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Done a few. Results varied and they can be improved with practice. Don't rate them at all as a diagnostic tool.

ShanDog

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers

rfctiger74

Premium Platinum
Aug 22, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76'ers
Online ones tend to be all over the shop

Did the Mensa one in the mid 90s when it was a sit down exam in a town hall and got 137

I know the method has changed, to over come some of the biases in the language section, but I haven’t sat it since

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its free real estate

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 30, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
So many ways the liberation of gays could have been commemorated in a museum, and they are considering a glory hole from a train station? Wow. Yeah, I don't think that one will go on display any time soon.
What did he do with it for 20 years?

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ash B,Roger, Serena, Rafa, Novak,
No.. someone or something told me not to bother cos i just wouldn't be happy with the outcome...

These tests are always working on a high denominator and if you work your way through things it will trip you up and
tell you to just answer the next three questions and then you are like a dried piece of meat... you just well you just go
and tell your secrets to the nearest and dearest and then it is all crash and burn...

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool
I've done about half a dozen online versions over the years and always scored 138-142. I know that probably wouldn't be accurate but I choose to believe it is. :D

I did take one of them at the same time as a (reasonably bright) mate once and he scored 120, so they obviously don't always hand out 140+ as a matter of course.

Leeda

Talons B Sharp
Sep 26, 2012
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Ash B,Roger, Serena, Rafa, Novak,
I've done about half a dozen online versions over the years and always scored 138-142. I know that probably wouldn't be accurate but I choose to believe it is. :D

I did take one of them at the same time as a (reasonably bright) mate once and he scored 120, so they obviously don't always hand out 140+ as a matter of course.
and someone had to come all Obama on me.. glory be that you choose to rattle Scomo's cage... do something dude..

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
a proper IQ test is actually extremely repeatable which is more than you can say for myers biggs etc so its better than nothing. Online IQ tests seem to have a range between 120-180 :)

Chief

110% sass!
Dec 1, 1999
Brisbane
AFL Club
Carlton
Years ago - it showed a ridiculously high number. I have no other evidence to back up that number so I call shenanigans.

Herne Hill Hammer

Premium Platinum
Jun 22, 2008
Cowes
AFL Club
Geelong
Only ever done the one they had on the TV 15 or so years ago.

There were about 10 of us doing it at my in-law's place.

Me 155, my wife's uncle 160.

I remember it containing quite a few puzzles and sequencing. Some were made more difficult than they were due to the time limits imposed.

Top Bottom