Science/Environment IQ tests....who's done one?

My youngest daughter has been doing a social studies project which included doing various online IQ tests.
As part of her studies I did a few.
Now I will preface this by stating right now that some of them seemed a bit shonky.

Anyway I got scores varying from 160 to 186 which I assumed without any further investigation was around about average, because none of these sites gave any other info without the purchase of a "certificate".

Since visiting the Mensa site I see that a 186 puts me in the "High Genius" category...:D which I would love to claim but cannot.

This got me to wondering if any of the posters on BF had done a legit Mensa test and what their result may be.

I will be honest I did do a Mensa test on the late 70's, which was not terrible, but I cannot remember remotely what the score was. I do know that these tests were widely poo pooed as pointless and inaccurate in the day.

In any case post your score if you have done one and if you have a link to a legit test post that too so others can have a go....

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
138 about 2 years ago

I was told that the IQ scores only go to 140 after that scores are recorded as 140+ ....not sure if that is correct though

Last edited:

TimmeT

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2017
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
138 about 2 years ago

I was told that the IQ scores only go to 140 after that scores are recorded as 140+ ....not sure if that is correct though
Think that the legitimate tests give a score regardless. I know the one I had to do certainly gave one.

Iq tests have to be the biggest bullshit in regards to intelligence measuring however.

Isaac Cumming No 1

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 28, 2018
AFL Club
GWS
I'm pretty confident that a person who goes online and initiates a conversation to tell everyone how smart they are, actually seriously lacks wisdom.

Thegibbsgamble

I beg to meg
Oct 28, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Legit 211 IQ here
Your phone must be playing up. You missed the decimal point.

Iq is not a measure of intelligence. It's the measure of your ability to follow your shepard.
its the ability to remember and be brainwashed.

I know a guy who had his iq measured in a pych ward. You find the most intelligent people in western nations there. He was off the scales. He told me intelligence is the ability to understand various fields. To see through cultural conditioning.

He along with a few other smart nutters I've known like you, know that Einstein was a dumb campaigner.

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
Your phone must be playing up. You missed the decimal point.

Iq is not a measure of intelligence. It's the measure of your ability to follow your shepard.
its the ability to remember and be brainwashed.

I know a guy who had his iq measured in a pych ward. You find the most intelligent people in western nations there. He was off the scales. He told me intelligence is the ability to understand various fields. To see through cultural conditioning.

He along with a few other smart nutters I've known like you, know that Einstein was a dumb campaigner.
I'm only responding to the thread with a truthful answer of my own experience. I am the only person on the entire internet who tells the truth %100. Everyone must surely know this by now. Anyway, so I'm doing anything here but responding that mine was 211. Whatever it means, or doesn't mean.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham
My youngest daughter has been doing a social studies project which included doing various online IQ tests.
Now I will preface this by stating right now that some of them seemed a bit shonky.

Anyway I got scores varying from 160 to 186 which I assumed without any further investigation was around about average, because none of these sites gave any other info without the purchase of a "certificate".

Since visiting the Mensa site I see that a 186 puts me in the "High Genius" category...:D which I would love to claim but cannot.

This got me to wondering if any of the posters on BF had done a legit Mensa test and what their result may be.

I will be honest I did do a Mensa test on the late 70's, which was not terrible, but I cannot remember remotely what the score was. I do know that these tests were widely poo pooed as pointless and inaccurate in the day.

In any case post your score if you have done one and if you have a link to a legit test post that too so others can have a go....

How about sharing the link for these online IQ tests?

Sep 6, 2005
AFL Club
Fremantle
I think the more interesting aspect of this thread is that this passes for education :rolleyes:

What IQ does your dad have? What IQ do you have? Is there a correlation? Etc. How lame, even if this was early childhood education.

If only I had my way....my idea for school curriculum would be so much better. You know, teaching children actual important things, learning all kinds of basic skills, at least %50 of the curriculum.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
How about sharing the link for these online IQ tests?
You won't find any legit IQ tests freely available online.

One that is online and a decent way to get an idea if you're up in the top bracket is to take the Mensa practise test. It will tell you whether you are in with a shot of passing g (i.e. in the vicinity of 150). Should be pretty easy to find.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club

One that is online and a decent way to get an idea if you're up in the top bracket is to take the Mensa practise test. It will tell you whether you are in with a shot of passing g (i.e. in the vicinity of 150). Should be pretty easy to find.

I thought it was 140?

I did it years ago and came in at 96.5% percentile, which was unders (98%), but I was offered to sit the entrance exam proper due to being close. I never bothered with it.

Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham

The op said he took part in a social studies project which included doing various online IQ tests. At least us doing the same tests would provide some kind of baseline.

Aug 12, 2012
sv_cheats 1
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Edmonton Oilers
I thought it was 140?

I did it years ago and came in at 96.5% percentile, which was unders (98%), but I was offered to sit the entrance exam proper due to being close. I never bothered with it.
Yeah 98th percentile which is usually about a score of148, but it depends on which test it is.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Yeah 98th percentile which is usually about a score of148, but it depends on which test it is.

The Mensa entrance exam test (pre-internet, mail out/mail back in).

If your 148 is correct then my score (96.5) correlates well with the only other I.Q. test I have done (143).

Ultimately, this stuff means very little if it isn't put in to action.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
I feel that many online tests give out inflated scores so that users are more likely to appreciate their results and share the quiz with others, meaning more $$$ for the creators. Much of my high school believed that they were 150+ based on an internet test doing the rounds back then.

Back