Iraq - By The Numbers

Remove this Banner Ad

IntheNet said:
So you're a big supporter of removal of testicles and rape of women? That is what Saddam's boys did to dissenters... as opposed, of course, to free elections and open society that Iraq has now....

no one supports saddam, but the US illegal occupation is worse.

As for rape, beatings, torture, murder, illegal imprisonment, the use of phosphorus weapons on civilians, mercenary death squads, all done by the USA.

GuruJane said:
Which has to do with what?

You likened him to

Deeply, deeply pathetic.

everything, you blame the Iraqi's for hte murder of kurds, the facts say the US was complicit, condoned and supported hte murder and oppression of the kurds and in south turkey the US still supports and condones the oppression of kurds.

nice quote out of context, I also said that anyone who commits murder must face the law and be punished for their crimes.

IntheNet said:
Liar... you do =>

where? all I said was saddam wasn't as evil as the illegal US invasion? thats not support thats saying the US have made things worse than they already were.

I dont support saddam, I dont support the US illegal invasion either.

but then you may not understand the difference as you have trouble reading sometimes it seems, and dealing with facts.

IntheNet said:
No it does not.

ABU GHARIB.

IntheNet said:
No... Abu Grahib was an example of a few ignorant soldiers not following orders. These soldiers were convicted via military tribunal.

Seems pretty systemic to me, there are other examples such as the Haditha killings Ishaqi, Hamadiya, Mahmudiyah and Mukaradeeb incidents.

The fact that the prisoner abuses were allowed, filmed and caught on photo suggests that this was more than just a "few" the army celebrated this and this supported by the majoirty of soldiers, no-one said no they even filmed it as some sort of triumph. Seems this isn't just a few but classic US army behaviour.

GuruJane said:
As the figures demonstrate, the vast, vast majority of Iraqis who think it is "worth it" are the Shiites and the Kurds who were tyrannised for 30 years by a small minority running one of the worst police states in history. .. a small minority which has slaughtered another 30,000 of them - without compuction - in the last 3 and half years.
In history ... ? I know you have to demonise in order to justify but get a grip. Ask the Kurds how they feel about the Turks ! And the Turks about the Kurds ... esp. now they're sitting on the oil reserves and will not budge.

dan warna said:
Gratitude? they didn't ask for it FFS.

if some one shot my annoying neighbour, I'd say well good riddance, but I'd still want the murderer arrested and sent to gaol because shooting ppl illegally is still against the law.

hence the people of iraq are glad saddam is gone but still want the criminal invaders of their country kicked out.

As far as I am concerned the invasion was illegal and the US must pay repararation for the damage it caused to iraq.

and the resistance to the illegal invasion by iraqi nationals is a just resistance.

You are completely missing my point. I agree with everything below your first paragraph.

However your first paragraph was ridiculous. Would you then think that your annoying neighbours death was worth it?
I never suggested they should be grateful. I was agreeing that for many it was more acceptance. One evil for another. now they hate the new evil too.

OldLion said:
In history ... ? I know you have to demonise in order to justify but get a grip. Ask the Kurds how they feel about the Turks ! And the Turks about the Kurds ... esp. now they're sitting on the oil reserves and will not budge.

You obviously know nothing about the horrendous, Stalinist style police state that Saddam and the Baathists imposed on the Shiites and Kurds for more than 30 years, otherwise you would not make such an ill informed comment.

Saddam/Baathists rank only after Mao, Stalin, Hitler and Pol Pot .... the regime was even more horrendous than the Afrikaaners imposed on the blacks in terms of its total control, both physically and psychologically, over the people.

To compare it to Turkey ..... is absurd.

dan warna said:
everything, you blame the Iraqi's for hte murder of kurds, the facts say the US was complicit, condoned and supported hte murder and oppression of the kurds and in south turkey the US still supports and condones the oppression of kurds.

And what has that to do with supporting the overthrow of Saddam and Baathists in 2003? Different issue altogether.

nice quote out of context, I also said that anyone who commits murder must face the law and be punished for their crimes.

Out of context? You bet you were out of it.

The context was Saddam and the Shiites and the Kurds in Iraq? Was it not?

Your actual quote was:

if some one shot my annoying neighbour, I'd say well good riddance, but I'd still want the murderer arrested and sent to gaol because shooting ppl illegally is still against the law.

hence the people of iraq are glad saddam is gone but still want the criminal invaders of their country kicked out.

Try this one, Dan: In Context:

"If someone shot the neighbour who had been torturing, persecuting and killing people in the suburb and the street for years I'd say well good riddance, but I'd still want the murderer arrested and sent to gaol because shooting ppl illegally is still against the law.

Now, Dan, want to put your name to that?

bringbackschwarter5 said:
Would have been double or triple by now if the coalition didnt step in and Saddam was still there, so i think that the coalition are doing a good job

What so because the co-alition aren't as bad as the "most evil man in the world" they are doing a good job? That's like saying, well I'm a bad driver, but at least I'm not as bad as that 116 year old blind and deaf lady over there, so I'm doing a good job.

If Saddam was really the most evil man in the world and needed to be disposed of, you can't really compare yourself to him in some vain attempt to justify the invasion.

GuruJane said:
And what has that to do with supporting the overthrow of Saddam and Baathists in 2003? Different issue altogether.

Out of context? You bet you were out of it.

The context was Saddam and the Shiites and the Kurds in Iraq? Was it not?

Your actual quote was:

Try this one, Dan: In Context:

"If someone shot the neighbour who had been torturing, persecuting and killing people in the suburb and the street for years I'd say well good riddance, but I'd still want the murderer arrested and sent to gaol because shooting ppl illegally is still against the law.

Now, Dan, want to put your name to that?

Saddam was a bad man, no one disagrees with that, the US are worse, they supported saddam when he was torturing, persecuting and killing people in the suburb and street for years. The murderer of that person is torturing, persecuting and killing people in the street.

the REPLACEment for saddam is WORSE.

you support the murderers who are doing a WORSE job than saddam, and you put your name to that. in addition you post lies to support the murderers who are worse than saddam, and you make excuses for those that supported saddam.

Cheney and rumsfeld were amongst those at the forefront of supporting saddam during his tyrany.

dan warna said:
Saddam was a bad man, no one disagrees with that, the US are worse, they supported saddam when he was torturing, persecuting and killing people in the suburb and street for years. The murderer of that person is torturing, persecuting and killing people in the street.

the REPLACEment for saddam is WORSE.

you support the murderers who are doing a WORSE job than saddam, and you put your name to that. in addition you post lies to support the murderers who are worse than saddam, and you make excuses for those that supported saddam.

Cheney and rumsfeld were amongst those at the forefront of supporting saddam during his tyrany.

You are so full of this blah, but 77 per cent of Iraqis do not agree with you.

You have no respect for them whatever. As far as you are concerned they would still be rotting under Saddam.

You barrack and cheer on the same arsheoles who have persecuted these people for more than three decades and are still killing 10,000 of them a year.

Your deluded, phobic, anti Americanism does you no credit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PerthCrow said:
Cam...ask why that is now possible

No, ask why we now dont have two big powers in the ME trying to get their hands on nuclear weapons before the other one does.

Re: why is it possible.... that point is all the more reason to stay and help build up Iraq's defence force and not leave it in rubble.

PerthCrow said:
At the moment I would rather be seen as anti-American Government than Pro American Government
You're with the majority of Americans in that view as well!
camsmith said:
...How would Iran moving into Iraq and running the place sound?

Anti-American enough?
Thanks to this war in Iraq, and the stuff-ups of the Bush administration! How could they not see that coming back in March of 2003? :confused:

After a 10-year legal battle, U.S. district judge Alvin Hellerstein ruled last Friday that the U.S. government must release more than 2,000 photographs showing abuse and torture of people detained by the American military in Iraq and Afghanistan. The federal government “is required to disclose each and all of the photographs” in response to a Freedom of Information Act Request from the ACLU, as the government failed to prove that “disclosure would endanger Americans.”

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...ure-by-u-s-military-in-iraq-and-afghanistanz/

Among the horrifying images the government may be suppressing is alleged video of children being sodomized in front of their mothers at Abu Ghraib. Investigative journalist Seymour Hersh – who exposed the My Lai massacre during the Vietnam War, where women were gang-raped and mutilated – reported that the U.S. military was sodomizing children in Iraq on video back in 2004.

Sick.
http://photographyisnotacrime.com/2...ure-by-u-s-military-in-iraq-and-afghanistanz/

Puppet Masters

Study: U.S. regime has killed 20-30 million people since World War Two

James A. Lucas
CounterCurrents.org
Tue, 24 Apr 2007 06:35 UTC
Introduction

After the catastrophic attacks of September 11 2001 monumental sorrow and a feeling of desperate and understandable anger began to permeate the American psyche. A few people at that time attempted to promote a balanced perspective by pointing out that the United States had also been responsible for causing those same feelings in people in other nations, but they produced hardly a ripple. Although Americans understand in the abstract the wisdom of people around the world empathizing with the suffering of one another, such a reminder of wrongs committed by our nation got little hearing and was soon overshadowed by an accelerated "war on terrorism."

Gratitude? they didn't ask for it FFS.

As far as I am concerned the invasion was illegal and the US must pay repararation for the damage it caused to iraq.

and the resistance to the illegal invasion by iraqi nationals is a just resistance.

100% agree, except the US has been paying reparations funding, financing and leading the rebuilding effort, etc, etc.
if they'd simply toppled the place and left it, things would be more ****ed up then they are now.

In addition to the 2 million killed in the 'wars on terror' investigated in Body Count (but which more accurately should be called ‘wars OF terror’), we must also add in the 50,000 or so who have lost their lives in Libya both during and after the NATO “humanitarian” military intervention of 2011. We must not forget either the millions who have been made refugees, or the way that Western military intervention in the Middle East has enabled the rise of groups such as Islamic State. Body Count’s death toll, it’s worth pointing out, does not include deaths among the 3 million refugees from the Iraq war subjected to privations

http://rt.com/op-edge/245217-us-war-terror-casualties-genocide/

the Reagan and Bush administrations, which backed Iraq in its 1980-1988 war with Iran, approved of U.S. companies selling chemical agents and equipment to Iraq, including “a huge petrochemicals complex called PC2. Western intelligence also knew that PC2 was capable of generating chemical compounds to make mustard and nerve gas.

”Donald Riegle, a Democratic U.S. Senator from Michigan, held hearings about the veterans illnesses in 1993 and 1994. He told me the decision by Reagan and Bush “to secretly help Saddam Hussein build his biological and chemical weapons was a monstrous strategic error that eventually led to the tragedy of Gulf War Syndrome, which killed and disabled so many unprotected American troops.”

http://www.newsweek.com/how-us-nerve-gassed-its-own-troops-then-covered-it-317250?piano_t=1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back