Ireland Series

Remove this Banner Ad

HahnPremium37

Rookie
Oct 18, 2000
Melbourne
I really enjoyed the Ireland series this year. The Aussies played really well and seem to be getting the hang of it.

But I'm just wondering...will there be State of Origon ever again? It will be a real shame if there isn't and if this International rules replaces it... I know the players probably think playing for Australia is better than playing for your state...but the international rules isn't exactly our game. It doesn't even seem half our game. It was great when we were winning, but during the first game when we were losing i was thinking this is so stupid. The fact that we have to play with the round ball and the grabbing on the jumper rule is a bit annoying. Although when we won it was great. It obviously means a lot to the players, and seeing them sing our anthem like that...I couldn't help but think how great the series is.

By the way i just have to say that Nathan Brown's hair looks shocking! lol

Great to see to made it hahn
smile.gif

In reply to your question, I love both, SOO and international rules. Whether having both running in the same season is a viable option for the AFL is a different matter. My most emotional moment in football came from SOO, when the great EJ did a lap around the MCG. I would love to see it continue, but if it was to live on, the current format would need a revamp (i.e. not mid season- and no Allies rubbish). Maybe even a bi-annual post season carnival before the International series could be quite popular, but no-one knows what the AFL's stance is on the issue. Or even rotating the events (one year SOO, the next year IR) could heighten the anticipation for both events. But once again, i have no idea of what would be the publics reaction to this.

Someone posted a topic on this on the AFL board a few days ago, so here’s some of the views of the other people here. http://www.bigfooty.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001722.html

PS- Have a look at WCE2000’s post on the first page of the above link- You and isdogisgood can also post your website address as a signature below all of your posts like he has. I don't know whether you can change your signature after registering..... Bluey??? need your help again
smile.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back