Irish recruits

Remove this Banner Ad

Also Adelaide have a salary cap you can fly a 747 through since everyone abandoned ship ;)

oh yeah, all those 28-33 yr olds who got dropped during the year, but were still demanding long term contracts 😂 will be interested to see how Jacobs, Jenkins and Betts go next year! don’t worry about us, we’ll look after the big Irishman for you! 🇮🇪

oh yeah, all those 28-33 yr olds who got dropped during the year, but were still demanding long term contracts 😂 will be interested to see how Jacobs, Jenkins and Betts go next year! don’t worry about us, we’ll look after the big Irishman for you! 🇮🇪
Cam Rayner says hi

Wait until he enjoys the power ranger stance practice and wonders what sort of clown school the crows are running

It always makes me laugh to imagine how they worked out the perfect stance to use. Practicing in front of a mirror? or were they doing it in front of each other until they were properly impressed with its intimidating effect.

It always makes me laugh to imagine how they worked out the perfect stance to use. Practicing in front of a mirror? or were they doing it in front of each other until they were properly impressed with its intimidating effect.
From what I read, it was the same mob whose camp they went on who came up with it.

Haven't you read the research about power poses from a Dr N Riviera and Hollywood Upstairs Medical College? Groundbreaking stuff from a prestigious institution.

This was posted recently.
But this and this were posted more recently Seems like he is a lock to join Adelaide as cat b rookie knowing he will only play sanfl all year

Last edited:
Much better chance of cracking the Adelaide team I guess, good luck to him. An Irish mate of mine said he is very good and named in All-Star team but was definitely not the best player in the league, as I've seen reported.

Much better chance of cracking the Adelaide team I guess, good luck to him. An Irish mate of mine said he is very good and named in All-Star team but was definitely not the best player in the league, as I've seen reported.
Not nit picking by any stretch, but curious if you can ask your mate if there’s a better tall forward.

It’s like saying Jeremy Cameron, Reiwoldt or Josh Kennedy aren’t the best player in the AFL.

We’ll no they’re not, because a Dusty Martin or Nat Fyfe has more influence through the midfield and can then go up forward.

But by crikey, we sure has hell could use a top tier full forward in our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not nit picking by any stretch, but curious if you can ask your mate if there’s a better tall forward.

It’s like saying Jeremy Cameron, Reiwoldt or Josh Kennedy aren’t the best player in the AFL.

We’ll no they’re not, because a Dusty Martin or Nat Fyfe has more influence through the midfield and can then go up forward.

He looks to me as though he would be more of a Cam Rayner type rather than a traditional full forward as such?

I more wonder how a forward from a game which features an offside rule in the square will shake his instincts and learn AFL style running patterns. The games seems much more similar in the middle of the ground.

Good luck to him. Liked his video stuff.

But realistically:

1). 24 is late. He could be Irish Michael Jordan and struggle to get his head into the system required to ‘play in the band’. Has there been an Irish recruit delivering regular performance before year 3? I can’t think of one.
2). He looks like a Dusty/DeGoey/Stringer/Rayner power med forward, which is THE hardest job to learn and the easiest place to get lost.

A sh!t tonne of the successful Irish players start as running half-backs being lead to the ball as they learn --Hanley, Connor McKenna, Zach Tuohy, Tadgh Kennelly right back to Sean Wight.

Or athletic ruckmen able to overcome lack of technique with superior endurance, strength and niggle.

He's neither of those.

So, I'd be happy to give him a shot, but it's hate to sink significant resources - list spots or cash - into it.

Last edited:

*sad trombone*

Hard job getting him here.... his manager is so against the AFL raiding of top GAA talents..
McShane joining the AFL didn’t sit well with Tyrone manager Mickey Harte.
A vocal critic of the Gaelic Athletic Association’s (GAA) relationship with the AFL, Harte hit out at former Gaelic footballers who are acting as intermediaries for players’ moves to Australia.

Adelaide couldn't afford subtitle machines to talk to McShane

Another Gaelic convert signs with us.

The Brisbane Lions have signed promising Irishman Deividas Uosis as a category B rookie, with the County Kerry prospect set to join the club ahead of the 2021 season.
Uosis, who has signed a two-year deal from 2021-22, has played both as a goalkeeper and in the outfield in Gaelic football and he tested well in the AFL Europe Combine last December.
Uosis was born in Lithuania and his family moved to Ireland when he was four, impressing in local leagues as he grew up in the same region as Geelong's Mark O'Connor. The Cats' Stefan Okunbor is also from County Kerry while Sydney premiership player Tadhg Kennelly was recruited from Kerry.

Super talent athletically.

Uosis led all comers on the day with a time of 2.76 seconds in the 20m sprint which included 0.92 seconds over the first five metres. He also placed fourth in agility testing with a 7.92. Both of those scores would have ranked number one at this year’s NAB AFL Draft Combine.

Uosis also excelled in the endurance-based Yo-Yo test. His score of 21.5 was better than Hawthorn father-son recruit Finn Maginness, the Australian Combine’s best overall performer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back