FTA-TV Iron Fist

Remove this Banner Ad

Problem is every series now is being compared to DD season one...And thats a difficult level to match or even beat.

Im an episode in so far and seems decent enough.

Problem is there's something off about it, given the lead in, you get that it's an introductory tie in to set up a character, but unlike DD or JJ you struggle to grasp the characters, where do you honestly care at the end what actually happens to them? Not really no, none of them really command the investment.

As a comparable, you wanted to know and cared a bit for Murdoch, you did for Jessica, Luke was kind of a brick wall but the supporting cast was a bit better at holding it together as a unit.

Sure the choreography was slow and a bit off at times, but the series is ultimately slow and pottering about in circles that it's just uninteresting at times and then you find out some plot points before it potters about a bit some more.

I'm 2 episodes in (******* Adele concerts took up my weekend), enjoying it so far despite the poor action sequences. So far on par with Luke Cage.

Hopefully we see the golden fist * some more s**t up now after two episodes of utensil-teasing having performance anxiety due to the meds.

It's alright. Up to Ep 8. Not amazing, but better than Luke Cage IMO. Hard to top DD Season 1, and that's what these are all compared to. Looking forward to seeing what they do with all 4 characters. DD and JJ are far and away the better seasons.

lol that is a joke.

5 eps in, still can't really see the issue with the fight scenes. Yeah not up to DD's level, but they're functional enough. I'd say IF has better CGI than DD or JJ too.

I think the issue with the fights is iron fist is a pro kung fu bloke with superpowers and in the early fights he is just fighting bums off the street so from his view it looks slow and effortless for him. The fights with the hand later on look heaps better because he is fighting skilled people.

DD he is just a bloke trying his best sure he knows how to fight but the fights are a slog for him and imo they really nailed that

Last edited:
I think the issue with the fights is that the kicks and punches in the general fights look weak. Daredevil looked like people were actually getting hurt, for the most part.

The choreography got a lot better as it went on though and like mentioned, the fighting styles are very different.

how the **** did metacritic give Luke Cage a 79 and Iron Fist only 32.....

Beyond dumb. I think these social justice reviewiers are just jumping on the bandwagon hating the show for not casting an asian in the role and on the other end its why they rated Luke Cage so high.

Yeah an asian actor would have been good but Finn Jones was good and his story worked well.

Iron Fist had a much better plot, character arcs and acting across the board except for Rosario Dawson who phones it in big time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the issue with the fights is that the kicks and punches in the general fights look weak. Daredevil looked like people were actually getting hurt, for the most part.

The choergraphy got a lot better as it went on though and like mentioned the fighting styles are very different.

Beyond dumb. I think these social justice reviewiers are just jumping on the bandwagon hating the show for not casting an asian in the role and on the other end its why they rated Luke Cage so high.

Yeah an asian actor would have been good but Finn Jones was good and his story worked well.

Iron Fist had a much better plot, character arcs and acting across the board except for Rosario Dawson who phones it in big time.

An Asian actor would have looked good and fit the stereotypical kung fu idea but blame the original comics, if they cast someone else you would have comic nerds crying about it

An Asian actor would have looked good and fit the stereotypical kung fu idea but blame the original comics, if they cast someone else you would have comic nerds crying about it

You cant please fanatics which ever side they fall on.

Talking about Luke Cage before and how they rated him higher made me think of Hancock. Can you imagine that movie came out today. The trailer alone would have set the internet on fire.

Don't get the hate for Luke Cage; not on the level of DD, but deserving of its rating. It had its own unique look and sound, some great villains played by great actors, plus some good action. It dragged a little, but it was fine. If they have misrated Iron Fist (and I enjoyed the opening episode), that doesn't have to reflect on Cage.

Don't get the hate for Luke Cage; not on the level of DD, but deserving of its rating. It had its own unique look and sound, some great villains played by great actors, plus some good action. It dragged a little, but it was fine. If they have misrated Iron Fist (and I enjoyed the opening episode), that doesn't have to reflect on Cage.

For me it was just so slow, I gave up about ep 6 when still nothing had really happened. And generally I like a slow burn (Boardwalk Empire one of my fav shows ever), not sure why it didn't work for me here.

There was a good supporting cast for sure, but I reckon the guy who plays Cage is one of the worst actors to ever lead a show. Might not even be his fault, maybe its just the character - so one-note and non dynamic, not sure it was a good idea to base a solo show around him to be honest. Should have done Punisher.

Just my 2c.

For me it was just so slow, I gave up about ep 6 when still nothing had really happened. And generally I like a slow burn (Boardwalk Empire one of my fav shows ever), not sure why it didn't work for me here.

There was a good supporting cast for sure, but I reckon the guy who plays Cage is one of the worst actors to ever lead a show. Might not even be his fault, maybe its just the character - so one-note and non dynamic, not sure it was a good idea to base a solo show around him to be honest. Should have done Punisher.

Just my 2c.

punisher and making heros for hire instead of solo shows for powerman and iron fist

Heroes for hire would be good for Luke Cage as the next stage but I think Iron Fist has more good solo story to tell, especially with the way it ended.

Not that it couldnt happen in a team up show but presumably that would focus on them getting to know each other etc.

Would totally watch that show though.

Finished it last night - thought it built really well to the finish. Managed to dodge the early spike/mid-season lull issues the other Netflix series have run into.

- Thought Jones improved as the series went on - Ep 3 definitely the tipping point.
- Some of the set-piece fights were fantastic as the series ticked on; the cage fights and the drunken master brawl in particular.
- Thought Henwick and Wenham, in particular, were the standouts, but it was a really well balanced cast.
- Madame Gao is the Marvel Netflix support cast MVP though - dominates every scene she's in.
- Very interesting set-up for the Defenders - assume The Hand will be the big bads.

Pumped for The Defenders.

Yeah - I like the idea of Daredevil, Punisher, JJ and Heroes for Hire as the standalone series heading forward.
I think that's the direction they are heading. It's easy to say in hindsight they should have done a Punisher series but he was damaged goods after some underwhelming films. There was no guarantee it would turn out as well as it did.

Other problem is jj has nothing going for her without the purple man, david tennant basically carried that show.

Doubt they do another series of any of the stand alone shows, defenders then maybe punisher or heros for hire if defenders does well

Pretty sure DD series 3 and JJ season 2 are confirmed.

Always one guy has to ruin it for me :p

Calling it now then dd will be passable and jj will suck the bird who plays jones is the worst

Remove this Banner Ad

Back