FTA-TV Iron Fist

Remove this Banner Ad

Always one guy has to ruin it for me :p

Calling it now then dd will be passable and jj will suck the bird who plays jones is the worst
I think DD will be fine; rumours D'Onofrio will be back as Kingpin and Bullseye as a possible villain (with Jason Statham's name being thrown about). Would be happy to see them go away from the supernatural stuff with the Hand.

No idea how JJ will go; first season was pretty good but I don't rate it as highly as some. Probably on par with Luke Cage for me.

Other problem is jj has nothing going for her without the purple man, david tennant basically carried that show.

Doubt they do another series of any of the stand alone shows, defenders then maybe punisher or heros for hire if defenders does well

DD gets another season for sure

DD has been the best by a long way, JJ #2 because she had my favourite villain.

Luke Cage distant #4
Kingpin the best villain, for mine; better character and better actor. I actually liked both Cottonmouth and Diamondback as villains to Tennant. Not saying Tennant was bad, but each of them had more style and flourish.

Kingpin the best villain, for mine; better character and better actor. I actually liked both Cottonmouth and Diamondback as villains to Tennant. Not saying Tennant was bad, but each of them had more style and flourish.

I thought Diamondback was terrible and basically ruined the 2nd half of the season.
Not really the actors fault but that character's motivations were just dumb.

Other problem is jj has nothing going for her without the purple man, david tennant basically carried that show.

They definitely need a good replacement villain - Wilson Fisk is going to need something to do once he's out of prison.:cool:

Brings me to something else that occurred to me in the back half of Iron Fist.

Is Davos meant/going to be Bullseye down the track? Because between the bald head, english accent and throwing stars it feels like they're telegraphing the s**t out of it.

They definitely need a good replacement villain - Wilson Fisk is going to need something to do once he's out of prison.:cool:

Brings me to something else that occurred to me in the back half of Iron Fist.

Is Davos meant/going to be Bullseye down the track? Because between the bald head, english accent and throwing stars it feels like they're telegraphing the s**t out of it.

davos should be steel serpent

So I'm up to episode 9 and I think I've worked out the biggest issue with the show

Finn Jones

He's just s**t so far

The guy playing Ward is also pretty weak and so is Joy, maybe its mainly poor writing but the the best characters are ones like Colleen, Gao and Meacham, how much of that is that they are better characters, and how much that they are better actors I don't know

So I'm up to episode 9 and I think I've worked out the biggest issue with the show

Finn Jones

He's just s**t so far

The guy playing Ward is also pretty weak and so is Joy, maybe its mainly poor writing but the the best characters are ones like Colleen, Gao and Meacham, how much of that is that they are better characters, and how much that they are better actors I don't know
yeah, if they were going to cast someone that cant act as the lead they could have at least gone for someone who could fight.
that said, the story and dialogue are bloody terrible so its not entirely his fault.

yeah, if they were going to cast someone that cant act as the lead they could have at least gone for someone who could fight.
that said, the story and dialogue are bloody terrible so its not entirely his fault.
yeah i don't think the writing is great either, or the directing for that matter

David Wenham obviously the best actor and Jessica Henwick has held her own, Madam Gao's character just works and Wai Ching Ho obviously owns it now.

My hope is that the other actors and writers will grow, some shows take a season or two to find their feet and some actors take a while as well

I find Danny a real millennial superhero, he doesn't really do much except whine and complain about doing stuff. ;):D

Nah, he can actually afford to buy a house, so unrelatable really.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anybody else find it strange:

Joy sides with Davos in wanting Danny dead? She said she's changed and wants to go back to her old life - yet she's in the exact same position she was originally before meeting Danny? From what I can tell it's implied that she's still running Rand with Ward and her father is dead (again), what does she need changed exactly... Feels like more shitty writing giving her character daddy issues for the sake of it.

Lol 60 cut's for a 35 second action scene.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

After half way through the season I was fast forwarding the action sequences. Anybody know what budget they had for this show compared to other Marvel Netflix series? Writing, acting, special effects and fight sequences all shat the bed.

Oh and just because you can put Clair in each series, doesn't mean you should. Shoehorning in "Sweet Christmas" at every opportunity isn't witty writing.

I'm four episodes in; on the one hand, I don't understand the negativity surrounding it, it's not that far off the others in terms of style and action. On the other, episode four did have some particularly weak dialogue and acting. If it remains about the level of the first couple of episodes, it should be good without being great.

Finn Jones

He's just s**t so far

I actually like the guy playing Ward. Think he's one of the most interesting characters by far.

I actually like the guy playing Ward. Think he's one of the most interesting characters by far.
Ward gets better as the show goes on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back