Irony

Remove this Banner Ad

Chilli Afterglow

Senior List
Dec 1, 2000
Have you ever though it ironic?

That Howard is getting political mileage from the plight of the boat people AND from supporting the USA in the war against terrorism?

We are supporting the enforcement of a US Foreign Policy that oppresses the Middle Eastern population which in turn seeks them to flee, seeking refuge in Australia.

Howard is having his cake, and eating it too!

Originally posted by Visro
and it would be any different if Beazely was in power?

Does that make it right Vis? I have heard this argument ad nauseam .... but the Labor Party would do the same thing .... so? Just means we in Australia have NO ALTERNATIVES .... we have to go with the lesser of two evils, because if you look at both sides policies carefully on all issues, there is bugger all difference ..... doesnt make what they say or do right though Vis, that attitude just stifles debate ...

Originally posted by BUBBALOUIS

Does that make it right Vis? I have heard this argument ad nauseam .... but the Labor Party would do the same thing .... so? Just means we in Australia have NO ALTERNATIVES .... we have to go with the lesser of two evils, because if you look at both sides policies carefully on all issues, there is bugger all difference ..... doesnt make what they say or do right though Vis, that attitude just stifles debate ...

Agree with you there Bubba, there is very little difference between Labour and Liberal these days. I can never work out why people say they are Labour or Liberal voters....same thing to me.

I think the Labour Party has lost their way, they really need to go back to grass roots, or they will never win another election unless they start forming coalitions themseleves with the Greens and.or Democrats....

Originally posted by Chilli Afterglow
Have you ever though it ironic?

That Howard is getting political mileage from the plight of the boat people AND from supporting the USA in the war against terrorism?

We are supporting the enforcement of a US Foreign Policy that oppresses the Middle Eastern population which in turn seeks them to flee, seeking refuge in Australia.

Howard is having his cake, and eating it too!

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

So there eas no refugee problem before Sept 11th?

So the war on terrorism is not a free world fight, it is a USA thing?

So USA policy oppresses who exactly in the middle East? The lovely Iraqi's who want to destroy the west, or the Palestinan terrorists that kill Israelis? Or maybe them nice Libyans or Sudanese. Or those nice Saudi's who the west pays bilions to for oil as they operate their price fixing cartel?

So hey USA, how about taking your troops out of the middle east region, let Israel be anihalated and let Saddam build his nuclear bombs and chemical weapons. Let Osama carry on as normal eh :rolleyes: What nasty USA foreign policy we are seeing eh :rolleyes:

Ever thought that without the USA we may have been anihilated by now !!!!

Chili,
I can match you all night in examples of american imperialism
but I think the very dangerous nutcases who did S11 have suceeded clouding their venial self-interest by getting people to parrot this "US in mid-east" crap. I have worked there and all over north african those (esp women) who dream of some sort of civil rights are crying for some power to help them fight the fascist muslim extremists who are increasingly in their midst.

THe Mossad & Israel have untold atrocitiies to answer for..but palestinians themselves fear the extremists taking over among their ranks. And were the first to point out the stupidity of the US helping & arming such people in the Afgan war! & believe it or not they were really optomistic about the Clinton peace negotiations last year...so close. I agree that the Iraq war was a disgrace with purely commercial roots but it was not a war against islam!! The Iragi war against Iran was more that than anything the US has done in the area.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back