• Hindu

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Buddhist

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • Other

Votes: 17 8.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a lot bad with religion, but there are a lot of good people who get involved. Churches give a person a place of solace, of reflection and sanctuary that no other places allow. Its an interesting experience to enter a church and sit quietly and reflect. There are no places on earth except the great natural outdoors that give the same feeling.

Firstly it was the wisdom of Jesus and his life and ministry
Secondly it was that the scriptures are reliable as is Jesus
Thirdly the community of people that actually follow the teachings of Christ
Fourthly it was being completely honest with myself that there is more to existence

....I can go on
Just like you to know I didn't read this.

There's a lot bad with religion, but there are a lot of good people who get involved. Churches give a person a place of solace, of reflection and sanctuary that no other places allow. Its an interesting experience to enter a church and sit quietly and reflect. There are no places on earth except the great natural outdoors that give the same feeling.
Churches do nothing for me but visiting a graveyard gives me perspective about life.When i go visit my mums grave, i sit there for hours reflecting on life, our relationships all this hatred, bitterness etc etc whether they are worth it or not. To each their own, churches are indeed wonderful places, but it does nothing of that sort to me.

Churches do nothing for me but visiting a graveyard gives me perspective about life.When i go visit my mums grave, i sit there for hours reflecting on life, our relationships all this hatred, bitterness etc etc whether they are worth it or not. To each their own, churches are indeed wonderful places, but it does nothing of that sort to me.
I agree totally with you, cemeteries, old buildings, churches are incredible places for quiet contemplation, they satisfy something innate in the human spirit.

Dude, I know what you're saying but when you're sitting in a church there's a huge elephant in the room. Hint: the four walls surrounding you were built on a foundation of bullshit.

...museums,art galleries,observatories,sporting venues I would argue have a deeper impact on me than anything any church anywhere has attempted to create!
The optimal word here being "create".;)

Dude, I know what you're saying but when you're sitting in a church there's a huge elephant in the room. Hint: the four walls surrounding you were built on a foundation of bullshit.
.....of mathematics,engineering,trades,created by science and human ingenuity,not the stupid superstitious and worshipful.

I dont know about you but when i go to the church i think of the architecture and not spirituality, and i also think of how poor kids might have been abused here.

I dont know about you but when i go to the church i think of the architecture and not spirituality, and i also think of how poor kids might have been abused here.
If I ever find myself as having been so unfortunate to be in a church and not be their to admire its aesthetic beauty and richness of human capability,like you would in Europe,I find the "vibe" overwhelmingly creeepy and manifestly inhmane.
But hey,there's always the singing:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No worries, champ. But a couple of likes in an otherwise stale thread suggests it had at least some comedic value.:thumbsu:

Mate, you can say anything anti-religious you like in here & it'll be sure to score points with the God-bothered natives.

Mate, you can say anything anti-religious you like in here & it'll be sure to score points with the God-bothered natives.
Isn't it funny then how my likes came from a post made about sympathising with a bloke about to tie the knot? Nothing to do with religion there, pal. Have another crack at shifting the goal posts why don't you?

Where were you? this thread missed your deep insights about science and philosophy lol
I've read a fair chunk of this thread before posting and it seems all of these blokes just deflect the hard questions. The very reason why they can't provide a plausible explanation is the very reason why us straight thinking mere mortals call bullshit.

But, you know... I'd be happy if one of the bright sparks in this thread were to impart their wisdom and show me first hand why I should dedicate my life to a vengeful, angry sky pixie.

I've read a fair chunk of this thread before posting and it seems all of these blokes just deflect the hard questions. The very reason why they can't provide a plausible explanation is the very reason why us straight thinking mere mortals call bullshit.

But, you know... I'd be happy if one of the bright sparks in this thread were to impart their wisdom and show me first hand why I should dedicate my life to a vengeful, angry sky pixie.
We're still waiting for proof of the metsphysics that apparently hides behind the physics.
I think they call it dark energy?!:rolleyes:

We're still waiting for proof of the metsphysics that apparently hides behind the physics.
I think they call it dark energy?!:rolleyes:
Okay... is that along a similar line to some peanut I used to work with who said that God's existence is separate from space and time, therefore science could only ever uncover what God created, not God himself?

110 pages and not a single convincing evidence! these pseudo intellectuals ones think by using vague terms they can get away by making up bullshit. This is our good friend bennett's proof that god is real lol

Firstly it was the wisdom of Jesus and his life and ministry
Secondly it was that the scriptures are reliable as is Jesus
Thirdly the community of people that actually follow the teachings of Christ
Fourthly it was being completely honest with myself that there is more to existence

LOL!

Back